X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ovenmitt
    Persistent Member
    • May 26, 2009

Possible NEW upcoming Disney Store Marvel Ultimate Series 11"figures

This morning I called disneystore.com to get more info on the NEW Disney Store exclusive Star Wars Elite Series Premium action figures reported on toyark.com today. The rep was helpful but she also told me 5 characters coming in the Disney Store Marvel Ultimate Series cloth costumed action figure line introduced in August with 11.5" Captain America and 10" Black Widow $34.95 each.

She said the following are coming:

Daredevil- he has Netflix series
    Dr. Strange- movie this month
    Ghost Rider- now on Agents of SHIELD TV series
    Ms. Marvel- I'm sure she said Ms and not Captain. Modern Ms Marvel would be odd, but if it's Carol Danvers why not Captain Marvel coming off Civil War 2 and upcoming Movie?
    THANOS! rep spelled out his name because she could not pronounce it and he is villian in next Avengers Movie, right?

She seemed sure these were for the Ultimate 11" Series. What other Disney Store Marvel figure line could they be For? No other DS rep knew anything about this, though. I hope it's true, I'd buy all 5! I like Captain America and Black Widow! Nice for $34.95 price!

Disney must be timing these with movies and TV. The new Spider-Man and Thor (w/Hulk) movies are due 2017. If Disney can do Thanos it can make Hulk! I hope X-Men and Fantastic 4 are possible in this line.

I hope this can be confirmed SOON and these figures or some are released by Christmas!
    Last edited by ovenmitt; Nov 2, '16, 6:38 PM.
  • MIB41
    Eloquent Member
    • Sep 25, 2005

That would be very cool indeed. Please keep us posted if you see any of those. Would love to see them!

Comment

• Grayson66
      • Sep 5, 2015

I thought about getting these but decided to wait and see what might be coming before starting another line. Dr. Strange makes sense with the movie and modern Ms. Marvel could do well with Disney Store customers. I don't think many of those customers watch DD on Netflix though and I really don't see Disney execs putting Ghost Rider on their store shelves. Thanos could happen but I'd think Disney would want to get some idea of sales before committing to a figure that would require a different body. Of course Disney could be trying to bring in new customers but with the line being so new I can think of a lot of characters that would be a hit with collectors and appeal more to Disney's core clientele,

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

Was at the Disney Store today and was surprised they had no Dr. Strange merchandise at all. That's unusual for them. FYE and Hot Topic had quite a bit, oddly enough!

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

^^ I was at Mouse Gear at Epcot last week and they did have a Dr. Strange figure and tshirts. Surprised to see anything at WDW with the theme park rights at Universal.
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

^^ I was at Mouse Gear at Epcot last week and they did have a Dr. Strange figure and tshirts. Surprised to see anything at WDW with the theme park rights at Universal.
            We went to both Disney World and Universal back in the spring, and honestly the Disney parks had just as much, if not more, Marvel merch for sale than Universal. The first time we went in 2012, there was basically nothing. If Disney can make money, they're going to.

Chris
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎