Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Spyweb007
    Persistent Member
    • Apr 18, 2006

The detail seems to vary from line to line, I have the Arrow Reaction figures and they are very detailed, the Star Trek not as much.

Comment

• Iron Mego
      Wake Up Heavy
      • Jan 31, 2010

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
      these figures look way more detailed than earlier Reaction offerings
      Cuz Super7 is taking back control of the manufacturing!

Last edited by Iron Mego; Nov 10, '16, 3:28 PM. Reason: bad grammar
      Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

^Good for them! Funko released some good stuff, but some of it was just horrible. As much as I loved their Universal Monsters, the Back to the Future line is one of the ugliest action figure lines I'd ever laid eyes on.

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• Hedji
          Citizen of Gotham
          • Nov 17, 2012

The good news is Super7 will be of higher quality. The bad news is, you won't be able to find them at brick and mortar stores for low prices.

Comment

• Iron Mego
            Wake Up Heavy
            • Jan 31, 2010

They applied the same production ethos to ReAction as they did to other lines like Pop! And that ethos is OVERKILL! Not every license needs to be represented in every format, and like you said, the quality varied widely. I think Jaws was pretty top notch, and Star Trek was pretty awful. The first Alien series was great, the 2nd series was really bad. It kinda went back and forth like that.

Looking at what Super7 is doing with MOTU, and ReAction lines like Street Fighter II, I think the new stuff they produce will be high quality.
            Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• Hedji
              Citizen of Gotham
              • Nov 17, 2012

I have so many ReAction figures at this point. Honestly, I hope Super7 can focus more on "older" licenses than the Funko stuff did. Less 90s stuff, more 70s and 80s stuff.

I think a lot of licenses (ie. Classic Battlestar Galactica) got shot down at Funko, because of lack of mass marketability. Hoping Super7 can use their boutique status to bring more stuff like that to light, without the need to sell product at Toys R Us.

If anyone has connections, please whisper "Creepshow" in their ear for me. I'll die a happy man.

Comment

• Iron Mego
                Wake Up Heavy
                • Jan 31, 2010

I think, and I may have actually read this here awhile back, that focusing on the older stuff was exactly what they wanted to do. Here's hoping.
                Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• Hedji
                  Citizen of Gotham
                  • Nov 17, 2012

I received mine from Entertainment Earth yesterday. These are some of the finest figures to have Funko's name on them. At least they are passing the torch to Super7 on a high note. I keep 'em carded, but it would be tempting to make Elliot and Gertie honorary Goonies.

Comment

• tmthor
                    God of Knock-offs
                    • Nov 29, 2005

Originally posted by Hedji
                    I have so many ReAction figures at this point. Honestly, I hope Super7 can focus more on "older" licenses than the Funko stuff did. Less 90s stuff, more 70s and 80s stuff.

I think a lot of licenses (ie. Classic Battlestar Galactica) got shot down at Funko, because of lack of mass marketability. Hoping Super7 can use their boutique status to bring more stuff like that to light, without the need to sell product at Toys R Us.

If anyone has connections, please whisper "Creepshow" in their ear for me. I'll die a happy man.
                    I would love some Battlestar or battle of the planets or my dream that will never happen Starblazers figures

Comment

• spockoda
                      Museum Super Collector
                      • Jan 14, 2018

I'm 46 years old as of right now and I have never sat down and watched E.T. from start to finish. I saw bits and pieces when it was played on HBO back in the 80's but have never actually seen it.

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎