X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Bat
    Batman Fanatic
    • Jul 14, 2002

The Return of KAMANDI !!

Always liked Kamandi as a kid(didn't hurt that I was a big POTA fans)and I'm glad they're bringing him back. Hope they a good Writer.

sigpic
  • Blue Meanie
    Banned
    • Jun 23, 2001

I was trying to find out if Timm was going to be doing the interiors as well as the covers...is there any indication that he will be doing the pencils inside the book? If so....I'm in.

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

No indication from what I've read, it will be a book where the creative team switches every month.
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• johnnystorm
        Hot Child in the City
        • Jul 3, 2008

As previously announced, the creative teams are:

Issue #1 by Dan Abnett/Dale Eaglesham
        Issue #2 by Peter J. Tomasi/Neal Adams
        Issue #3 by Jimmy Palmiotti/Amanda Conner
        Issue #4 by James Tynion/Carlos D’Anda
        Issue #5 by Bill Willingham/Ivan Reis
        Issue #6 by Steve Orlando/Philip Tan
        Issue #7 by Marguerite Bennett/Dan Jurgens
        Issue #8 by Keith Giffen/Steve Rude
        Issue #9 by Tom King/Kevin Eastman
        Issue #10 by Greg Pak/Joe Prado
        Issue #11 by Rob Williams/Walter Simonson
        Issue #12 by Gail Simone/Ryan Sook
        The first and last issues are double sized, and will feature a prologue by Dan DiDio and Keith Giffen, and an epilogue by Len Wein and Jose Luis Garcia-Lopez

Read More: DC Reveals New Details For 2017's 'Kamandi Challenge' | http://comicsalliance.com/dc-kamandi...ckback=tsmclip

Already added to my pull list, as this looks great!

Comment

• MRP
          Persistent Member
          • Jul 19, 2016

It's called the Kamandi Challenge and it's being done in the style of the old DC Challenge series, with the creative teams folks above have mentioned. I saw this announced much earlier this year (maybe even as early as NYCC lasy year (2015), and it was originally supposed to be out sooner (a late 2016 release), but coordinating all the creative teams and such pushed it back.

I am so looking forward to this.

-M
          "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

Absolutely giddy over this, hooray!!!!

Edit: I had to look at this thread gain already just because I'm so pleased. I can't say that about comics, generally, anymore. Thanks DC!
            Last edited by PNGwynne; Oct 31, '16, 4:39 PM.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

Surely this will be collected?
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• MRP
                Persistent Member
                • Jul 19, 2016

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                Surely this will be collected?
                With DC, probably but not for quite some time. Since the new52 launched, they usually wait 6 months to a year after the final issue of a collection is released as a single issue before putting out a trade, so if this runs all of 2017 with the last issue in December 2017, it would most likely be mid to late 2018 before you see a collection.

-M
                "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• samurainoir
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Dec 26, 2006

My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• johnnystorm
                    Hot Child in the City
                    • Jul 3, 2008

DC printing a Kamandi special for this including the Cancelled Comics Cavalcade issues that were never printed (60 & 61).

Gonna add this to my pull as well:

Kamandi, The Last Boy On Earth was cancelled in 1978 with issue 59. The completed-bit-unpublished issues, #60 and #61 were published in an internally
                    Last edited by johnnystorm; Dec 7, '16, 8:38 PM.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                      Master of Fowl Play
                      • Jun 5, 2008

Thanks for sharing this!

Comment

• MRP
                        Persistent Member
                        • Jul 19, 2016

They're also releasing a big ole omnibus of the entire Kirby run next summer in conjunction with the series. Not sure if they will do an omnibus of the post-Kirby issues too, nothing announced so far.

-M

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎