Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quick Mego Superfriends to the Hulk Hideaway!

Quick Mego Superfriends to the Hulk Hideaway!

A new addition to our growing department store catalog archive is this neat spread from the 1980 Sears Wishbook depicting the Heroes hiding out in the Tara ToysHulk Hideaway playset.
    I love the Hulk transformation chamber in this piece so I've added a better look, you even get a cardboard Bruce Banner.
    You'll also notice the Empire Toys Hulk Helicopter in the top left and the rest of the merchandise on the page is related to the Mean, Green one himself, due to his "Incredible" popularity on the small screen at the time.

Speaking of Mego Superheroes, be sure to check out Benjamin's World's Greatest Toys blog where he has been obsessing over vintage price stickers and department store catalogs, an awesome combination!

More...

Images
    I bet my mom ordered me the Hulk Hideaway from that very catalog page. I had a lot of fun with that thing...

Thanks for sharing!

Chris

Images
    Blog Entries
    I enjoy the enormous Hulk stove that comes with this set. It's disguised as a computer, but it's clearly a state-of-the-art Amana Radar Range (also available from Sears!)
    This profile is no longer active.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MegoScott View Post
    I enjoy the enormous Hulk stove that comes with this set. It's disguised as a computer, but it's clearly a state-of-the-art Amana Radar Range (also available from Sears!)
    Hulk have pie in oven!

Images
    Is it a trick of the angle and lighting, or is that Robin head in the picture starting to migrate to gray?
    An old Irish Blessing - "May those who love us, love us; and if they do not love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He does not turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, that we may know them by their limping"

I gotta get me one of these hideaway sets....preferably big enough for me to fit into with all my imaginary friends

Images
    Why no real Secret Identity Bruce the Hulk Banner ???

Is it because Hulk is shorter than a normal Mego body
    "I've just bought a house. It's got a Buck Rogers Toilet. One yank, all gone!"

Blog Entries
    Mego seemed to be really dropping the ball when it came to Hulk merch, they had Empire, Remco and Tara cutting their grass with this stuff.

Images
    man they made some awesome toys for Hulk,those inflatable toys are bad!!
    "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
    My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Blog Entries
    Had I seen it before, that Hulk chair would have made my topless robot article, so many jokes....