X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Monster Squad Dracula Costumes

No better time than Halloween than to discuss costumes and my love of the 1976 Monster Squad Television series.

Collegeville had the license to the series and while they didn't make a Frank Costume, they sure went to town with Dracula.

Below are all the variations I've found thus far of his store bought costumes. Above is the standard kid version and the one most commonly found.

It's refreshing to see a suit like this and not just a picture of the character.

This is an "Adult" cape and mask set. It's a bit threadbare but I guess if in a pinch, an adult would wear this.

And this is my latest find, the Monster Squad Poncho and mask combo. Collegeville sold this right up until 1979, two years after the show left the air waves.

Want more Monster Squad goodies, check out our gallery. If you have something I don't, PLEASE contact me!

For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

It's interesting to note how close this image is to Universal's Dracula, and yet I'm guessing they never came after this production company? We know Mego was nervous about matching the Lugosi look, yet you could pass this off as Lugosi's Drac no problem. The costume doesn't even have the crazy belt buckle that the show gave the monsters.

So they never made a Frankesntein? Weird.

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

I really wish I knew why they didn't do Frank. He seems a natural but maybe he was just too close to Universal or they already had a generic Frankenstein.
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

I love this costume, perhaps the best Drac costume I've seen.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎