Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Nintendo NX is officially revealed as the Nintendo Switch.

Images

The Nintendo NX is officially revealed as the Nintendo Switch.

I am so excited for this.

I'm happy for many reasons.

I no longer have to buy a separate Nintendo handheld and console. Pokémon on the TV!!!

Back to cartridges! Yay! I loath the lengthy mandatory game installs of the XBOX one followed by the inevitable 40 plus gig day one patches. I had to wait through an entire day of installs, downloads and patches to play the Halo Collection. I'm beyond sick of that crap.

No more Wii branding. I hated that name.

I don't have to look back and forth between two screens like the WiiU and 3DS.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Images
    Looks awesome. I agree with you, I don't want to be bothered with updates and downloads and patches and loading times, there's a reason I always preferred console games to computer gaming, but now all the consoles are just as bad as the computers. I want the game system to be quick and simple, so I can get to the actual gaming. Nintendo always thinks about the ease of use and practicality, they get that gaming should be fun, not a chore.

Images
    Cool! My group in NVIDIA worked on the processor for it. Can't wait to try it out next year.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pmwasson View Post
    Cool! My group in NVIDIA worked on the processor for it.
    Congrats. That's super cool.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Images
    Some people are saying the controller looks like a robotic dog.

Images
    Only 2 titles will be out for the launch. That doesn't seem like a good sign.

Blog Entries
    I'm sure every store will get three on the launch, artificially creating a demand.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jwyblejr View Post
    Only 2 titles will be out for the launch. That doesn't seem like a good sign.
    So far five launch games have been announced. Which still isn't a lot better than when the N64 launched with only two. It's a shame Mario Kart couldn't make launch but at least it's only a month later.

Quote Originally Posted by palitoy View Post
    I'm sure every store will get three on the launch, artificially creating a demand.
    On the bright side many stores are offering pre-orders for the system. But, yeah, on launch day chances are probably slim you could just walk into a store and get one.
    Last edited by Werewolf; Jan 14, '17 at 12:33 PM.

Images
    Okay,I'm seeing 4 listed for the March 3rd launch. I missed Super Bomberman R and Skylanders Imaginators. I only noticed the new Zelda game and 1-2-Switch before. There's a bunch that says March 2017 but not an exact date.

Images
    I guess I missed the preorders as all the online retailers say sold out. I might end up waiting in line at midnight like I did for the original Wii.