Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • willrich7
    • Jan 14, 2015

Wanted Mego Clamshells

I have 13 Mego WGSH card backs (just the card backs, no blisters) and the 8" Mego action figures that go with them, but no clam shells for them. The ones from Figures Toy Company are too small (the regular Mego cards don't fit in them). Does anyone know where I can purchase clam shells that fit the original Mego WGSH action figures? I've already tried Classic TV Toys and Dr. Mego…no luck. Thanks a lot, Willie
  • Vinny0026
    Year Five!!
    • Jan 26, 2012

You need to track down the old castaway clam shells.
    They are perfect for what you are looking to do.

They don't make them anymore - but they pop up every now and again here or ebay etc..
    You have to keep your eye out for them and jump on them when you see them.

The other fix is ClassicTVtoys sells a clam shells that will fit normal size Mego cards.
    The bubble area is a little larger - but the cardbackers will fit in them.
    "Where Does He Get Those Wonderful Toys?"

Comment

• willrich7
      • Jan 14, 2015

Thanks, Vinny0026. I ordered some clam shells from Classic TV Toys, but the card backers did not fit in them. Do you know if there are there two different sizes of their clamshells?

Comment

• Vinny0026
        Year Five!!
        • Jan 26, 2012

Originally posted by willrich7
        Thanks, Vinny0026. I ordered some clam shells from Classic TV Toys, but the card backers did not fit in them. Do you know if there are there two different sizes of their clamshells?
        Yes they used to have 2 different sizes.
        1) was the size you get when you buy any of the re-mego figures they sell
        2) they had a slightly larger clam shell - that the bubble area was taller, wider and deeper. I do not see them listed on the site anymore(I just looked was going to send u the link)
        Just call them and ask if they have any more instock. they sometimes remove pictures when they are low on stock. These were good because they would fit Thor in them with his helmet on, or also the larger size Doc Mego Size Hulk bodies etc

I will send you a picture tonight of what they look like.
        But email or call CTV and see if they have any left. They will fit original mego size cards.

Comment

• willrich7
          • Jan 14, 2015

Vinny0026,

I called CTV, and the guy said they only have the one size now…the size that doesn't fit the original Mego cards.

Aarrgh! It's amazing to me that I can't find these!!

Do you have any extra ones for sale?

Thanks for all your help.

Willie

Comment

• Vinny0026
            Year Five!!
            • Jan 26, 2012

Sorry - I do not.

A lot of people did not like those CTV clam shells. Personally I did because they worked better for Thor and a handful of others.
            you never know in this hobby when something you can always get - just stops being made. Sucks!

Sorry can't be anymore help to you
            a few oldtimers here my have the cast away clam shells.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎