X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • warlock664
    Persistent Member
    • Feb 15, 2009

ThinkGeek exclusive Captain America set on sale $47.99

View all results for . Search our huge selection of new and used video games at fantastic prices at GameStop.
  • tllgn
    Persistent Member
    • Feb 6, 2010

hey �� thanks.i was on the fence on this set.but that's a great price.and bought one.if they do another sale like this down the road I may buy another .

Comment

• MIB41
      Eloquent Member
      • Sep 25, 2005

Thanks for the heads up. Yeah. I think the masses have spoken on the retro sets and this kind of price is pretty close to where they settle in order to move. Glad we can get them at that price but I'm sure it doesn't bode well for future releases.

Comment

• ovenmitt
        Persistent Member
        • May 26, 2009

This was a neat idea for a 2nd Cap Set (would have liked Steve as The Captain rather than policeman) but Mego fans are not buying these sets for $80 each. I knew this set even an exclusive would be a tough sell at $80 which I did not buy but may for $48. The format and pricing has to change for this line to continue.

Comment

• Blue Meanie
          Banned
          • Jun 23, 2001

Just ordered 2 sets to get the free shipping. The second set is actually for a friend that has all the other sets and didn't have this one. They are opening a store here on Long Island in November...might have to check them out

Comment

• Figure8
            Museum Patron
            • May 18, 2016

Originally posted by ovenmitt
            The format and pricing has to change for this line to continue.
            The price was a big problem for me - along with the many complaints here about the individual sets. I really wanted Daredevil, even for 80 Euros, but then he had issues as well, like the baggy trunks. Now I finally have my first set, because Wolverine was down to less than 40 Euros on German Amazon. And I have to say, I really like the set. The whole box-design looks great and I can't find any serious fault with the different outfits. There were many complaints about yellow Wolverine, but I think he's very much in the Mego-spirit. I like all of the sculpts and think they're much better than most of FTC's efforts for their original figures. So now I really want more of these - but I'll definitely wait till the price drops to a reasonable level.

Comment

• Teemu
              Persistent Member
              • Dec 15, 2010

It sure stings to see these priced reduced for those who paid full price.I don't see how EMCE is making money on these sets and how they can keep selling these sets at such lower prices....unless... it doesn't really cost that much to produce these and the mark up is just HIGH

Comment

• ovenmitt
                Persistent Member
                • May 26, 2009

I know EMCE can sell these sets for less than $80 and still make a profit. Hasbro imposed the $80 premium price to sell these sets as collectibles. When these were 1st announced Dr Mego said he was put off by the price. These sets are not worth $80. 3 complete figures would help.

What if EMCE was allowed to sell a single Marvel Mego less than $80 but higher than FTC $27.50 to $30 DC Megos? How much would you Pay? $40? $50? $60?

Comment

• cockyhoskins
                  Career Member
                  • Jan 13, 2009

A boxed figure goes here for $35 to $40 when broken out of the set. I think I'd pay that for the ones I wanted.

Comment

• cockyhoskins
                    Career Member
                    • Jan 13, 2009

Of course, I guess I don't have to, as long as the entire sets keep getting discounted down to the $40s.

Comment

• megalomaniac001
                      Veteran Member
                      • Jul 24, 2009

Thanks! Just the sale I was looking for!

Comment

• Brown Bear
                        Still Old School
                        • Feb 14, 2008

I wouldn't mind snagging a winter soldier from someone's broken up set.
                        Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• ovenmitt
                          Persistent Member
                          • May 26, 2009

I see the Cap Set is $79.99 again. They will never sell out at that price. I don't think there will be any more exclusive sets when regular sets don't sell for $80.

I debated buying the Cap Set for $47.99 but could not pull the trigger. Retro Cap still has Mego costume without white sleeves and Red gloves. I did not even know Steve Rogers was a policeman until this set was Announced! Steve as The Captain/ USAgent would have been Great! Commander Steve is nicest figure but Marvel Now or Secret Wars Cap would have been better. What about Bucky Cap?

I decided to buy Mezco One:12 Deluxe Classic Cap exclusive from BBTS instead.

I have 2 of each Retro Marvel set and was glad to hear from DST Chuck on Ask DST Marvel on artasylum.com this week that there will be more sets in 2017. I still eventually hope for single figures in waves like FTC.

Comment

• warlock664
                            Persistent Member
                            • Feb 15, 2009

If you wanted to get really picky, the red and white stripes on WWII Cap are inaccurate, too. They should stop at the sides and not extend around to the back. And it is odd that they chose to give him the cuffed "pirate" boots, but didn't update with white sleeves and red gloves. I picked up a second set at the $47.99 price; Deadpool is the only set I don't have two of, and I had to really think long and hard about buying even one of him.
                            I bought the SDCC Exclusive One:12 Captain America from BBTS as well, but I kinda regret it now. As nice as it is, I'd like for it to have the traditional Silver/Bronze Age pirate boots and gloves, and no knife/sheaf or belt with pouches. I realize those updated elements have been in place for a while, but my Cap doesn't carry a knife. And it's pricey for a 6-inch figure without a removable costume. And there should be a star on the back as well as the front.

Comment

• MIB41
                              Eloquent Member
                              • Sep 25, 2005

Now $59.99...

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡