X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Spawn67
    Career Member
    • Aug 14, 2009

Ghost Host

Thought I would share this because this was my introduction to Horror. Back in the 70's and early 80's growing up in Baltimore we had a Horror Host show called Ghost Host. (We also had count gore de vol in neighboring D.C.).It came on saturday nights at 11 so I had to beg my parents to stay up and watch it but they would object sometimes because they wanted to watch saturday night live..haha. This intro used to creep me out as a kid although the movies they showed were pretty tame by today's standards. The host had a alter ego Captain Chesapeake who was a kids show host on the weekdays. Sadly all the tapes from the show at the station were destroyed in a flood some time ago so all we have is people being so generous to put there old vhs/beta tapes on Youtube. Some of this footage Im posting is from a old VHS tape someone rescued from a dumpster!! But shortly before George Lewis (The host) died he gave his costume to a friend of mine where it proudly stands to this day. I never got to thank him for introducing me to horror but judging from all the hundreds and hundreds of people on his facebook tribute page Im certainly not alone. Ive watched these youtube videos countless times and Ill never ever get tired of watching them. My only hope is that more people come forward with footage they may have saved on there old ancient vhs/beta tapes. Cheers folks and HAPPY HALLOWEEN!..

The intro..
    opening moments from an early 1980s broadcast of WBFF 45's "Ghost Host", as portrayed by George Lewis.

The intro and segements. This what the show would look like..I love this!...
    The intro and in-show segments from the WBFF-TV (Baltimore) late night movie program, "Ghost Host Theatre" (with George Lewis). This video contains the show ...
Working...
😀
🥰
🤢
😎
😡
👍
👎