Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

comic book polybagged grab bags making a comeback?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MRP
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 19, 2016

comic book polybagged grab bags making a comeback?

This photo was taken at a Target and posted to Action Figure Insider...

The backside comic was reported to be an issue of Ultimate Fantastic Four.

I've seen DC only shrinkwrapped grab bags at Wal*Mart too that had new printings of some New52 #1 issues plus other recent DC comics in them as well, and I've been told by a Wal*Mart employee on a comic forum I frequent that Wal*Mart has had other $5 comic grab bags in parts of the country (not around here though).

I fondly remember those polybagged 3 packs from my childhood in the 70s. Probably a good half of the comics I had came from those (they were often stocking stuffers at Christmas time and occasionally a birthday present too). I'm not sure how they will do in this collector driven comic market today, but there's a part of me glad to see these trying to make a come back (now if they were only filled with cool Bronze Age comics of my youth )

-M
    Last edited by MRP; Oct 13, '16, 3:57 AM.
    "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

^^^ Yeah, I saw them and passed, still have no interest in what passes for comics at DC and Marvel these days.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Brown Bear
      Still Old School
      • Feb 14, 2008

That brings back memories of being a kid shopping at Valu-Fair
      Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

^^^ Yeah, I saw them and passed, still have no interest in what passes for comics at DC and Marvel these days.
        I was with you until Rebirth. I'm enjoying the snot out of Action Comics in particular.

I remember the Whitman polybags very well. I still have quite a few of those odd DC books with the little W guy in the corner, instead of the DC Bullet.

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• johnnystorm
          Hot Child in the City
          • Jul 3, 2008

Walmarts have $5.00 bags with #1 issue variants of the Rebirth titles. They have different color logos etc. from the standard issues.

Five Below stores have bags with Marvel comics in them, and many of those bags have variant covers reportedly extra stock Diamond did not distribute...in some cases 1:25 or 1:50 variants that have some real value. I've heard of Spiderman #4 issue variants showing up there (1st app. Silk).

Ollies sells $5 bags of 10 assorted comics as well, but I've never found anything spectacular.

Comment

• palitoy
            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
            • Jun 16, 2001

I collect the vintage ones, these do come out every so often. In the early 2000's a chain here called "Zellers" (RIP) had poly bags of various 90s comics, a lot of image but it was definitely some closeout stock from a distributor.
            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• samurainoir
              Eloquent Member
              • Dec 26, 2006

Winners in canada has polybags of 10 comics for $8-10. It's definitely mostly 90's overstock bin stuff.
              My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎