X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cjefferys
    Duke of Gloat
    • Apr 23, 2006

Originally posted by Blue Meanie
    As for Kiss Meets The Phantom...the only way to have gotten this on DVD was through a big box set they put out years ago which is no longer in print.
    Also, the version released on the KISSOLOGY DVD set was the alternate European theatrical cut, retitled Attack of the Phantoms, I don't believe the original TV version of the film has been legitimately released on DVD.

Originally posted by palitoy
    I really enjoyed this documentary about VHS collectors:

http://www.shoutfactorytv.com/adjust...702d07fd0d4e00
    Yeah, I liked that doc too, very interesting.

Comment

• Hedji
      Citizen of Gotham
      • Nov 17, 2012

I'll have to give that doc a look. Looks better than the one I watched on Netflix that was similar subject matter.

Comment

• MIB41
        Eloquent Member
        • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by Blue Meanie
        There are supposedly 2 versions of Halloween that were released when the VHS first came out and there are the box variations. Only reason why I know this is that I've sold multiple copies of the film on Ebay for $25 and up. Former rentals no less. Halloween early boxes with "Media" or "Meda" command reallly big $$$$$

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HALLOWEEN-VH...p2047675.l2557

And that's not an anomaly either.

As for Kiss Meets The Phantom...the only way to have gotten this on DVD was through a big box set they put out years ago which is no longer in print. Also with Kiss Meets Phantom...Clamshell packaging will command a little bit more $$$.

I think the one advantage of having older TV series on VHS is that they aren't edited. Most of the TV series were edited to fit the format with more commercials on TV in the 80's/90's and beyond. So those Lost In Space episodes might be better than what was released on DVD. You have to do a little bit of investigating to see if the DVD's were NOT cut/edited.
        Interesting... Here's the copy I have.

Looks like mine is a more common piece going for $15 to $20. But still that's better than .50 cents.
        Last edited by MIB41; Oct 14, '16, 9:05 AM.

Comment

• Blue Meanie
          Banned
          • Jun 23, 2001

Looks like you could probably get $25 and up for it. Might want to Ebay it now on ebay before Halloween. Just make sure it plays well...and you should be fine.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎