X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Kenner Raiders of the Lost Ark Announcment

It's pretty weird to see Kenner announce something as big as this with such a crummy ad but I'm guessing they had no time to craft a decent ad.

Below is the first notice to the trade showing the figures:

For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

I've always liked those toys. Must have had terrible case assortment though. I still remember going through mountains of Toht, Cairo Swords Man and German Mechanic at Kaybee trying to find Indy and Marion.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Falstaff13
      Persistent Member
      • May 28, 2008

Are Indiana Jones and Star Wars the beginning of using the word "collection" in the marketing campaigns?
      Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
      Also interested in figures based on literary characters.

Comment

• Hedji
        Citizen of Gotham
        • Nov 17, 2012

I remember getting the JC Penney 4 figure pack for Christmas, along with the Well of Souls playset, and declaring "These are even BETTER than Star Wars figures!" Love this line.

Comment

• Bruce Banner
          HULK SMASH!
          • Apr 3, 2010

Always liked this line. But I remember having a tough time even finding any of the figures in any of my usual toy stores in Ontario as a kid.
          PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• palitoy
            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
            • Jun 16, 2001

I found the Well of Souls play set in a pool supply store that also sold toys in 1985. That was my only run in with the line growing up. Never saw it at retail.
            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• huedell
              Museum Ball Eater
              • Dec 31, 2003

"Sallah! I'm going to shoot my gun in the Map Room! Look out.... nobody!"
              "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• johnnystorm
                Hot Child in the City
                • Jul 3, 2008

I remember the Map Room showing up at the Dollar Tree store a few years after.

Missed opportunities...

Comment

• starsky
                  veteran member
                  • Aug 26, 2007

all i remember is being in philly on vacation visiting my aunt and her taking us to a toy store there and the first thing i saw was a display of rotla figures and indy was sitting right in front. i nabbed him! still one of my favorite figures despite his broken thumbs!!

Comment

• Spawn67
                    Career Member
                    • Aug 14, 2009

Had most everything from this toy line. Played with them all them next to my Star Wars, Gi Joe, and Adventure People. I could never find marion anywhere to save my life but our local Toys r us and Our Caldor had a huge side rack display with what seemed like hundreds of figures that I can remember clear as day.
                    Still have some figures but there so beat up but I keep them for sendimential value.
                    These toys in mint condition can go for alot of money nowdays..

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                      Verbose Member
                      • Mar 7, 2004

It's amazing that this flyer is hand-crafted, when nowadays someone with nearly minimal graphic design skills and the "Adventure" font could whip this up in about five minutes.

Kenner did seem to push the word "collection" a lot, more than most companies. Heck Super Powers had "Collection" right in its name!

Chris
                      sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
                        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                        • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                        It's amazing that this flyer is hand-crafted, when nowadays someone with nearly minimal graphic design skills and the "Adventure" font could whip this up in about five minutes.
                        It has the same precision as the front of one of my binders in grade seven.
                        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Hedji
                          Citizen of Gotham
                          • Nov 17, 2012

That's what I love about it.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                            Verbose Member
                            • Mar 7, 2004

It has the same precision as the front of one of my binders in grade seven.
                            Ha! Yeah, this could have come from a random Trapper Keeper of the time.

Chris
                            sigpic

Comment

• EmergencyIan
                              Museum Paramedic
                              • Aug 31, 2005

I had some of this line. I remember waiting daily for one of the mail order figures.

- Ian
                              Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎