I know I always paid attention to that too. 😘
    Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
      Muddling through
      • Oct 4, 2008

Originally posted by Brown Bear
      I know I always paid attention to that too. ��
      I think we all did, even before we knew why we were paying such close attention

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

Watched this one again last night. It's so damn FUN! So many Easter Eggs and really takes a nice solid jab on the overly dark place Batman's been in since Miller. Can't wait for the sequel!

Oh, and it's now out on Blu-Ray/DVD for those who need it in corporeal form.

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
          Muddling through
          • Oct 4, 2008

I watched it and although there were a lot of fun nods throughout, I found it very slow to watch. I actually paused it several times to take a break. I don't know, I will have to give it another go, maybe I was just having an off day. I did love the innuendos and that they had so many of the b list villains at least make an appearance

Comment

• fallensaviour
            Talkative Member
            • Aug 28, 2006

I loved this film.What a great nod to the original I hope they put out several more like it.
            “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• HardyGirl
              Mego Museum's Poster Girl
              • Apr 3, 2007

I watched my copy last night, and was over the moon! I loved it! And my copy is just a DVD, not a Blu-Ray combo pack. I pre-ordered from Amazon.
              "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
              'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
              Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
              If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

waiting on the blu ray off ebay. 13 bucks new.
                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Hedji
                  Citizen of Gotham
                  • Nov 17, 2012

I had my doubts going in, but I think this turned out as good as it possibly could have. I really enjoyed it! Julie Newmar and Burt Ward really nailed their parts! Adam's more gravelly voice actually lended itself to the storyline. Wally Wingert's Riddler was just uncanny.

This is how all modern superhero cartoons should be.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                    waiting on the blu ray off ebay. 13 bucks new.
                    No dvd?
                    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• enyawd72
                      Maker of Monsters!
                      • Oct 1, 2009

Finally watched the Blu-ray this afternoon...I was absolutely giddy! I sat there grinning like an 8 year-old through the entire thing.

Just...WOW.

Comment

• bleit1701
                        Career Member
                        • Jan 1, 2009

There's a lot to like in this movie but the one thing that gets me is why is the Batcave reversed?? The batpoles are on the wrong side and the Batmobile exits to the left and not the right. Other than that it's a great movie. Too bad Yvonne is not around. A Newmar Catwoman and Batgirl scene would have been cool.
                        Better late than never.....

Comment

• thunderbolt
                          Hi Ernie!!!
                          • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                          No dvd?
                          Its the blu ray dvd digital combo pack, could care less about the DVD. Just want the blu ray.
                          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                            Verbose Member
                            • Mar 7, 2004

There's a lot to like in this movie but the one thing that gets me is why is the Batcave reversed?? The batpoles are on the wrong side and the Batmobile exits to the left and not the right. Other than that it's a great movie. Too bad Yvonne is not around. A Newmar Catwoman and Batgirl scene would have been cool.
                            Over on the Batcave Podcast, they speculated that there were still some issues with rights regarding the look of some of things from the TV series. It seems really strange, but it's apparently true, as the producers and director more or less confirmed this in interviews from NY Comic Con.

Chris
                            sigpic

Comment

• PNGwynne
                              Master of Fowl Play
                              • Jun 5, 2008

I got the dvd today at Target. I enjoyed it immensely; I think I caught most of the easter-eggs and laughed aloud several times. I can't add much more here to what's already been said. The Penguin--a worthy one, channeling Batman: B&B's great Stephen Root--was the most disappointing to me: nothing of Buzz in look or tone. I'd say the Joker was about 75% there. Wally Wingert's Riddler was uncanny! I think I liked Newmar and Ward better here than I ever did in the show.

I'm really looking forward to a sequel--Two-Face and perhaps Batgirl?
                              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                                Verbose Member
                                • Mar 7, 2004

I think Joker was pretty dead-on myself. I agree on the Riddler's voice and laugh especially, but his visually was off. Gorshin's hair was too thing to be that poofy up front. The Penguin was pretty comic-generic, surprisingly.

Chris
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎