Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Super Friends is FTC best line, best Re Mego line yet!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ovenmitt
    Persistent Member
    • May 26, 2009

Super Friends is FTC best line, best Re Mego line yet!

I received FTC Super Friends 3 and 4 sets Today and they are too cool. The figures look like they leaped out of the SF cartoon and remind me why SF is my favorite DC, superhero, and Saturday morning cartoon Ever!

I now have 13 SF members including Gleek and 5 Legion of Doom! Hope wave 5 all Legion comes out this year and Wendy and Marvin and Wonder Dog Too! Just need 1 more Legion wave with 4 remaining Members! And Hawkman, Hawkgirl, Atom, and Rima in a Wave! Looking forward to Universe of Evil wave, Too!

Where were these figures 40 years Ago? Now if we could just get Lynda Carter and Christopher Reeve 8" Megos my 70s DC childhood would be complete!
  • OCSuperman
    Museum Patron
    • Sep 4, 2014

With Wave 4, I've become a fan too. I'm waiting for waves 3 & 4 to up,for sale loose/bagged ... then I'm getting Waves 1-4. I'm in.

Comment

• filmation batman fan
      The Man of Many Voices
      • Aug 30, 2005

Agreed 100 percent!! I plan to have one of my group pics placed in the hard copy version of the ULTIMATE SUPER FRIENDS COMPANION when it comes out. For the time being, the ebook is available on amazon kindle. I got 3 & 4, and with Batman in place, it was neat to finally snap pics of the core cast. They all look great and looking forward to more of the Super Friends in the near future.DSCN3972.jpg

Comment

• ovenmitt
        Persistent Member
        • May 26, 2009

I've said it before, but don't you wish EMCE had this much freedom with Marvel?

Comment

• jeffbearco
          Persistent Member
          • Mar 27, 2011

That picture really makes me want the Batman and Robin. That would leave only Superman so I'd have to get him and fix that belt.

I'd probably stop there though.

JeffBearCO

Comment

• tllgn
            Persistent Member
            • Feb 6, 2010

i also got my series #3 & #4 sets of the superfriends .In my view they look fantastic ,best figure is toyman ,he just looks great ,Bizarro really pops ,although
            his belts to low ,i like the sculpt far better then retro Bizarro ,and the fact his emblem is larger .Cheeta looks very sharp (rooted hair under hood would have been cool),has nice face sculpt ,costume looks good,no boots on her,Love the Cat women hands on her (i am sure 66 cat women will have them ).Capt Cold is good ,however his freeze gun is just shames little gun ,its better then no gun at all,head a pinch to large ,but nice ,riddler looks great,Batmans head is a little to big,but nice sculpt ,Flash looks good ,although i think he should have looked friendlier,the eyes are off and the paint is off color to the uniform ,Green Lantern is very good,the sculpt is nice ,both sculpts for Lantern from SF & Retro were good .FTC did a fine job on these ,although plug in boots & Gloves i dont really care for. Toyman has Shaggys body ,so shaggy from scooby doo is gonna look good .

Comment

• jacoblb
              Persistent Member
              • May 7, 2009

I wish I'd see more threads of enthusiasm here.
              Thus far I only have the Wonder Twins, but will start collecting the past waves and hope by the time I can get around to0 wave 3 and 4 that a good deal will exist.

Comment

• markp67
                • Jun 22, 2010

I hope they make Green Arrow, even though he was only in one episode!

Comment

• powersthatbe
                  Persistent Member
                  • Sep 27, 2010

and the atom!

Comment

• markp67
                    • Jun 22, 2010

That would be awesome, too!

Comment

• tiinacat
                      Museum Patron
                      • Feb 4, 2015

Got my Batman GL and Flash.

Brilliant!!!

Fun Line!!!

Comment

• scott metzger
                        Persistent Member
                        • Jul 9, 2007

Got the two sets of Superfriends; mixed bag here.

Overall pluses: Good representations of the characters as they appeared in the show. Most of the heads are decent sized, and the costume details are pretty accurate. The introduction of the new, thinner body is very welcome (wish this had existed when I made Mercury from Metal Men).

Overall minuses: weird stuff going on with heads lately. Not only haven't they fixed the oversizing, the quality of the heads is going downhill. Flash looks rough, almost unfinished, and so many of the heads are misshapen. They look okay from the front, but they are way too thin from front to back; Flash looks like Solomon Grundy bashed the back of his head in. And in fixing the bobble head problem, the heads are now tilted; Flash has a permanent quizzical look with his head noticeably tipped to the right. Most of them seem to be suffering from this to a certain extent, but Flash is really bad. Also, the boots are giving the line an inconsistent look; Batman and Cold have the '66 style boots, which look really out of place with the oversized rubber boots on most of the others. And some of the parts seem almost unfinished; both GL's gloves are partly split and rough at the top, like the mold didn't fill completely. QC is going in the wrong direction here. Also, the belts with the huge tab sticking out not only look bad, they are ridiculously fragile. The tab on one of the earlier figures split just from trying to tighten it. If the material was a little more durable, you probably wouldn't need the ludicrously long end sticking out past the "buckle."

Individually:

Green Lantern: Good head sculpt, captures the look of the toon, especially the mask, but is one of the heads that's squashed front to back. The darker color green is also a nice bit of accuracy. Only thing he could have used is a darker skin tone; Hal always had a California tan in the show. Aside from the not fully formed gloves, the costume is well done.

Flash: Head is a mess, as mentioned, which is too bad, as the sculpt is pretty good. Costume and red hands work well together (and the hands looking gloved is an excellent choice), and the symbol is correctly all yellow. If not for the head problems, he'd be among the best of the series.

Batman: Good, accurate headsculpt, but too big. Not quite as bad as early photos, but noticable. Costume is well done, his gloves and boots seem better molded than Hal's. As stated, boots don't fit into the line. Love the cape with the black lining and wire for posing.

Bizarro: Great head sculpt, one of the best in the two sets, and well sized. Costume on par with Supes, of course. I like the larger "S" better than Supes' smaller one. Pretty much got everything right here.

Captain Cold: Baggier costume is accurate, clever how they did the fur on the sleeve and pant ends. Only thing I don't get: they made the top and bottom separate, and the top is like a parka that comes down below the belt. That's not accurate to either the toon or the comics. Unforgivably cheesy on the gun, but I'll find something more techy looking for him. Hood and head look good, a little big, but not bad, and the hood helps offset the size. Head is pretty much dead on to the show, one of the best at capturing the toon look.

Cheetah: Face sculpt is amazing, but the hood treatment looks pretty bad. This is a case where they should have just sculpted the whole head with hood in place. "A" for effort, but "D" for execution. If they had done that, the figure would have been near perfect, as the costume is dead on, and the hands complement it perfectly.

Riddler: Interesting way of making the costume, with the Velcro at the shoulders to preserve the question mark on the back. It doesn't look very good, and I can easily see this as being a real weak area that can pull the seams and make the material run down the road. Again, one thing wrong that hurts an otherwise almost perfect figure. The costume is great, nice and simple with the purple question mark, and the head is the best in the line at capturing the toon look (and scale is perfect).

Toyman: Another dead on headsculpt, and a great costume with one minor gripe. The shoulder part is cheaply made, just laying there, unfinished, with the shoulder pieces sticking out with no structure at all. You can pull it into an acceptable position, but it still will never look good. It's a bad design. The body is perfect for him, and I really hope they put it up on the CTVT site for purchase soon. I'm assuming we'll see it again with Marvin and Shaggy, in any event.

So i'm glad I got them, but there are growing problems with FTC's product, and it;s getting worse as time goes on. Old problems aren't getting fixed, and new ones are now cropping up. There are some almost spectacular figures here, but they keep falling short, and with greater frequency.

Comment

• comicmike
                          Persistent Member
                          • Sep 22, 2009

Nice Batman & Robin SF photo-/ video-review:http://super-dupertoybox.blogspot.co...super.html?m=1

Comment

• MIB41
                            Eloquent Member
                            • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by comicmike
                            Nice Batman & Robin SF photo-/ video-review:http://super-dupertoybox.blogspot.co...super.html?m=1
                            So nice to see a video devoted to these. Truly a great series in the Retro market.

Comment

• Figure8
                              Museum Patron
                              • May 18, 2016

I got my first SF figure yesterday (Flash). I wasn't really interested in the line since I'd never watched the show. But some figures looked really nice in the pics and I just can't have too many Mego-like Flash figures! I still didn't think I would like the SF version so much - he's really great. I think I actually prefer this sculpt to the fistfighter Flash. That head looked a bit too generic IMO and wasn't completely in scale. The only flaw I can see is that his suit is really baggy in the waist. But it's still a great figure and I might end up getting a few others from that line!

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎