Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BifBangPow! JLabs
    Career Member
    • Dec 21, 2009

We don't mess around with this type of thing. This is a very unusual situation, so we want to investigate and remedy it quickly.

Thanks for making us aware of this, and we apologize for any inconvenience.
    -Jason

Originally posted by megowgsh
    Pretty fast response:

Dear Austin,

Thank you for your e-mail. This is Entertainment Earth contacting you on behalf of Bif Bang Pow. We are the exclusive distributor for Bif Bang Pow merchandise and we will be taking care of your inquiry for Bif Bang Pow. We are sorry to hear about the defect with your figure. We will be sending out a replacement to you as soon as possible, to the address you have provided. We hope that this solution addresses the issue to your satisfaction.

Please feel free to contact us at any time with any issues as they arise. Thank you for your interest in Entertainment Earth.

Sincerely,
    Edward Haller
    Client Services
    Department Manager
    Entertainment Earth, Inc. | 61 Moreland Rd. | Simi Valley, CA 93065 USA
    1-800-370-2320

Hello,
    I recently purchased a Mike Tyson Cowboy action figure on eBay. Here is the auction:

Upon opening and examining the figure I noticed a sticky substance on his head. Upon removal of his clothing I discovered this sticky substance all over his chest, neck hole, every joint, and staining his shirt.

You can see pictures here: http://megomuseum.com/community/show...figure-melting

I first tried to wipe this substance up with a paper towel and failed. I then decided to take apart the figure and wash each individual piece with soap and water. The body pieces and head are still tacky as I was unable to remove all of the substance.

I am writing to ask for a replacement Mike Tyson figure. I purchased the Cowboy version only because it was a good value, but in all honesty it does not matter which version of Mike Tyson I have (Cowboy, Astronaut, or Original), I just want one that does not have this "slime" on it.

I would appreciate your help.

Sincerely,
    Austin
    Co-founder, BifBangPow!
    bifbangpow.com
    twitter.com/bifbangpow

Comment

• Mikey
      Verbose Member
      • Aug 9, 2001

^ very cool

looks like an extra build-up of mould release agent

Comment

• jacoblb
        Persistent Member
        • May 7, 2009

Do we know the story here now? Just an anomaly or did this effect most of the figures produced? I have the original version Mike, I'll need to check on mine to see if something similar has happened to mine. I recently bought the astronaut Mike because it came with Pigeon. But really I couldn't pass up the $12 shipped deal. I sure hope BBP/EMCE will continue making the rest of the cast.
        Last edited by jacoblb; Jan 10, '17, 9:53 AM. Reason: Tenses.

Comment

• megowgsh
          Customego HoF Curator
          • Nov 19, 2003

^^^BBP sent me a replacement Cowboy AND an Astronaut fig. Cowboy still had the same problem and Astro Mike was a-okay!

I informed them of the issue and thanked them for sending me an extra.
          Check out ALL my customs at https://www.facebook.com/megowgshcustoms

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

I recently purchased some '80s Remco Mighty Crusaders MOC. They all had this problem. I used Goo Gone to remove the gummy exudate, then washed the figures in some hot water with degreasing dish-soap and white vinegar. Seemed to work well.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎