X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • megowgsh
    Customego HoF Curator
    • Nov 19, 2003

Mike Tyson figure melting?

Below are some pics of a new Mike Tyson figure I picked up. When I opened the package I felt a stickiness on my hands. When I took off his clothing, this is what I found. WTH is this stuff? It's also on the back on his head around his neck. Yuck!

Stains on his shirt

Check out ALL my customs at https://www.facebook.com/megowgshcustoms
  • megowgsh
    Customego HoF Curator
    • Nov 19, 2003

just popped the head off. OMG!!!

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

Is it an oily exudate from the vinyl head, or did the factory apply a little mineral oil to enable the head to pop into the torso?
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• TrekStar
        Trek or Treat
        • Jan 20, 2011

I would send it back with a note explaining, or if it's something you can easily clean then keep it, if your satisfied.

Comment

• Brown Bear
          Still Old School
          • Feb 14, 2008

Tyson may have been doing some sparring before you picked him up and worked up a light sweat.
          Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
            Often invisible
            • Jul 18, 2002

Geez, now I've got to go check mine...
            Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

The reason I mentioned mineral oil as a lubricant was because I'd had several Hasbro Marvel figures that had had the joints seemingly lubricated.

Didn't the Mattel RetroAction figures have an oily exudate problem?
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

I got the astronaut one and didn't have that problem.
                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                  Often invisible
                  • Jul 18, 2002

Mine is one of the first ones and it seems fine. Mine has been standing open on a shelf for a year or so.
                  Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• megowgsh
                    Customego HoF Curator
                    • Nov 19, 2003

FYI Mine is the Cowboy guy.

I tried wiping the "goo" off his body and head and all I did was get residue from the paper towel stuck to his body.

I'm going to have to take him completely apart and wash him clean.

Comment

• Type3Toys
                      Home Of The Type3 Body
                      • Jan 18, 2005

It is most likely a chemical reaction between the head plastic and the torso plastic.
                      LOOK
                      Action Figure Design & Prototypes
                      For Samples See Home -Type 3 Body & Spiderman
                      To Contact: type3toys@comcast.net

Comment

• megowgsh
                        Customego HoF Curator
                        • Nov 19, 2003

Originally posted by megowgsh
                        I'm going to have to take him completely apart and wash him clean.
                        Well, that didn't work well. I scrubbed every individual piece with Lava and a toothbrush and it is still tacky as all get out.

I'm going to contact BBP directly to see if I can get an exchange.

Ugh!

Comment

• thunderbolt
                          Hi Ernie!!!
                          • Feb 15, 2004

Make Clayface out of him.
                          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Hedji
                            Citizen of Gotham
                            • Nov 17, 2012

Originally posted by Type3Toys
                            It is most likely a chemical reaction between the head plastic and the torso plastic.

Yes. I would suspect there's no washing or cleaning chemical that could possibly remedy this. Ask for a replacement.

Comment

• megowgsh
                              Customego HoF Curator
                              • Nov 19, 2003

Pretty fast response:

Dear Austin,

Thank you for your e-mail. This is Entertainment Earth contacting you on behalf of Bif Bang Pow. We are the exclusive distributor for Bif Bang Pow merchandise and we will be taking care of your inquiry for Bif Bang Pow. We are sorry to hear about the defect with your figure. We will be sending out a replacement to you as soon as possible, to the address you have provided. We hope that this solution addresses the issue to your satisfaction.

Please feel free to contact us at any time with any issues as they arise. Thank you for your interest in Entertainment Earth.

Sincerely,
                              Edward Haller
                              Client Services
                              Department Manager
                              Entertainment Earth, Inc. | 61 Moreland Rd. | Simi Valley, CA 93065 USA
                              1-800-370-2320

Hello,
                              I recently purchased a Mike Tyson Cowboy action figure on eBay. Here is the auction:

Upon opening and examining the figure I noticed a sticky substance on his head. Upon removal of his clothing I discovered this sticky substance all over his chest, neck hole, every joint, and staining his shirt.

You can see pictures here: http://megomuseum.com/community/show...figure-melting

I first tried to wipe this substance up with a paper towel and failed. I then decided to take apart the figure and wash each individual piece with soap and water. The body pieces and head are still tacky as I was unable to remove all of the substance.

I am writing to ask for a replacement Mike Tyson figure. I purchased the Cowboy version only because it was a good value, but in all honesty it does not matter which version of Mike Tyson I have (Cowboy, Astronaut, or Original), I just want one that does not have this "slime" on it.

I would appreciate your help.

Sincerely,
                              Austin

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎