X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MIB41
    Eloquent Member
    • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by enyawd72
    One of the problems with the Flash IMO, not only on TV but in the comics as well is DC has WAAAY too many speedsters. I mean for crying out loud...Garrick Flash, Allen Flash, West Flash, Max Mercury, Jesse Quick, Reverse Flash, Zoom, Savatar...it takes away from his uniqueness. Marvel has TWO. Quicksilver and Speed Demon. That's all you need...one good, one bad.

I also never really liked the "speed force" stuff either. It just comes off as an incredible lazy way to "explain" the Flash's power, which as it turns out isn't even his power, since so many other people can and do tap into it...just my two cents. As much as I love the Flash, Marvel's movie version of Quicksilver in DOFP was a lot cooler.
    Well stated. I think DC has tried too hard to make the Flash and his circle of characters into a kind of "Batman Family" incarnation and I don't think that works at all. It would be like Marvel making a whole team composed of heroes with Mr. Fantastic's stretching ability. Eh... one or two is just fine thanks.

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

I agree, too and think that TV rarely shows the Flash's speed abilities to their best extent.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Hector
        el Hombre de Acero
        • May 19, 2003

Is Cisco dead yet?

I can't stand that dude. He's Latino, I'm Latino, yet I still can't stand him...by far, my least favorite character...but that Kid Flash dude and his sister are not far behind. All three suck.

Get rid of them, the whole Star Labs concept, eliminate all other existing speedsters, and curb the time travel thing a bit...and I might, just might...watch it again.

But for now, that series is pretty much dead to me...same goes for Supergirl, which is even worse, and getting more ridiculous and pathetic by the minute.

Legends of Tomorrow and Gotham are still fun though...
        sigpic

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

Ratings may be down, but I'm enjoying the second half of the season far more than the first. There are still pacing issues, and incredibly dumb moments from supposedly intelligent characters. Barry just stands there for two minutes while Wally is pulled into that portal? Don't you say you're "the Fastest Man Alive" on every episode, Barry?

I do agree they desperately need to give the speedster villains the boot next season. We've had three evil mystery speedster as the big bad for three consecutive seasons. A Rogue Team-Up season would be a nice change of pace for instance!

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• emeraldknight47
            Talkative Member
            • Jun 20, 2011

The multiple speedsters don't annoy me nearly as much as the whole Barry-Iris romance stuff (they're veering dangerously close to "Dawson's Creek" territory with this stuff) and the fact that Barry seeing Savitar kill Iris has become the impetus (not to mention the opening narrative) of the show. People who found Kristin Kreuk annoying and a story-killer as Lana Lang in SMALLVILLE should be seeing the same thing with Iris on THE FLASH. At this point, I'm ready for Savitar to do her in or have her just get whisked off to an alternate Earth just so we can get the show back on track. The Kid Flash story isn't doing much for me either as his costume, as Tom pointed out, is kinda clunky and ugly, and his personality and motivations are, by-and-large, very shallow and largely self-serving.
            sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• palitoy
              live. laugh. lisa needs braces
              • Jun 16, 2001

Does anyone else cringe at the words "Speedster" or is it just me?

Totally don't care about Savitar, don't care who he is, he looks terrible too.
              Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
              http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                Eloquent Member
                • Jan 19, 2008

Tonight's episode was super boring.

Comment

• johnnystorm
                  Hot Child in the City
                  • Jul 3, 2008

Agreed. Of all the fast heroes ( avoiding the "S" term out of respect, Brian), they trade the super useful Jay Garrick for the completely useless Wally West? Jay, who seems to have some knowledge of Savitar & the workings of the Speed Force. And then Wally needs time to get over his experiences, so he can't even suit up. Wow, good deal there Team Flash.

Then they ship out Jesse Quick, who at least is interesting. At least they had her dump Wally for now, as their whole relationship was contrived. What the series needs is a huge housecleaning. Get rid of Joe, Wally, Julian, fake HR. Any other hanger ons, and the whole Iris relationship.

I also really despise the whole Speed Force concept. I prefer the speed be a power that the hero has within, as opposed to some energy that can be tapped into like a well. Worse is it's now some kind of sentient place that can only seem to communicate in riddles spoken by dead people. With rules too, like trading people one for one yet. Meh.

I guess worse for me was with the snow today, I was catching up on tv, and watched a bunch of Netflix Daredevil episodes before Flash came on. Was like eating steak then switching to cotton candy.
                  Last edited by johnnystorm; Mar 14, '17, 11:23 PM.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                    Verbose Member
                    • Mar 7, 2004

Barry has become the TV equivalent of 90s/early 2000s comic Batman. Learning the same lesson over and over and over again.

I did like Jay's appearance, but yeah, I'd rather see him and Barry take out Savitar.

The whole bit with him and Iris at the end made no sense for either character. It was just a check box they had to fill in "Oh yeah, changed their relationship dynamic again. Done".

Chris
                    sigpic

Comment

• Makernaut
                      Persistent Member
                      • Jul 22, 2015

I've kinda bailed on the show and I was a big fan during Season 1. My interest started tapering off in Season 2 and I don't think I've seen more than 2 eps this season.

Tonight's episode looks kind of interesting, though. The Music Meister is the villain and Melissa Benoist is in the episode. So, I'll probably tune in because even though I've lost interest in both "Flash" and "Supergirl", I'm still a big fan of Gustin and Benoist and think they are even more interesting when both of them are on the screen together. (That's probably my biggest complaint about either show...they are wasting two very strong lead talents with crappy supporting cast/characters and storylines.)

This seems like it might be fun. Linked story includes trailers for the ep.

Supergirl and The Flash musical crossover
                      http://www.denofgeek.com/uk/tv/super...ossover-poster

Comment

• enyawd72
                        Maker of Monsters!
                        • Oct 1, 2009

I'm sick of Iris already. I hope Savitar takes her out. This is the same Clark/Lana BS we went through on Smallville...Oh, how I wanted Lana to die.

Comment

• Makernaut
                          Persistent Member
                          • Jul 22, 2015

Here's a spoiler-free review of tonight's episode. Got a "Good, but not Great" from the reviewer. I'll probably still tune in because it sounds like a nice departure. I loved the "Brave and the Bold" ep with The Music Meister so I'm interested in seeing this show's take on the character. Looks like Victor Garber and John Barrowman are in the episode, too.

‘Flash’/’Supergirl’ crossover is good, but it’s not great
                          http://www.sltrib.com/blogs/tv/5085874-155/story.html

Comment

• PNGwynne
                            Master of Fowl Play
                            • Jun 5, 2008

"I'm You're Super-Friend." I'm still watching!
                            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• MIB41
                              Eloquent Member
                              • Sep 25, 2005

Dear Lord... Eh... Barry, keep your day job. If ever there was a cringe worthy moment in this series, they found it...coated in cheese. On a side note I did like the special guest hero. He was cool. That's about where it ends for me.

Comment

• palitoy
                                live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                                • Jun 16, 2001

The Glee watching side of my family adored it, me and the boy tried to be excused. We were denied.
                                Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                                http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎