Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hector
    el Hombre de Acero
    • May 19, 2003

John Wesley Shipp's super bright white porcelain veneers were creeping me the hell out...when he was talking to Barry in the cafe...he made Gustin Grant's normal teeth looked yellow in comparison...

sigpic

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

Did anybody else feel like Jay Garrick stepped right out of a comic and straight into your TV when John Wesley Ship had his shutdown with Grant Gustin?
      OH YES. And Shipp altered his voice a bit to give Jay a Bostonian-like accent. Nice touch.

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• johnnystorm
        Hot Child in the City
        • Jul 3, 2008

Nice to see they brought Harry & Jesse back from Earth2, and didn't throw in yet a 4th version. Plus, it looks like breach travel between Earths is looking easier to do, which may lead to some cool crossovers with E2 or E3 heroes.
        But seriously...can we please have at least one episode in which a character does NOT walk off to brood in the hallway and then one of the others says "I'll go talk to him (or her)"?
        Magenta was lame. I'm sure she'll be back.
        Mirror Master next time. Last of the Rogue's Gallery.

Comment

• Hector
          el Hombre de Acero
          • May 19, 2003

Yes, the obligatory ongoing pep talk away from the group gets on my nerves every time, good call.

So many things gets on my nerves...the Kid Flash grumbling and brooding on every scene because he didn't get speed powers were annoying the heck outta me...I just wanted to shake him and yell...ALRIGHT ENOUGH ALREADY...SNAP THE HELL OUTTA OF IT...MOVE ON, DUDE!!!

sigpic

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

So many things gets on my nerves...the Kid Flash grumbling and brooding on every scene because he didn't get speed powers were annoying the heck outta me...I just wanted to shake him and yell...ALRIGHT ENOUGH ALREADY...SNAP THE HELL OUTTA OF IT...MOVE ON, DUDE!!!
            I believe that is a major plot-point set up, and Wally is going to go looking for Alchemy so he can get his powers.

Looks like Jesse's costume is just a redress of Trajectory's suit from last season. As long as they mention it as a weird parallel Earth thing, I'm cool with that. If not, that's a bit on the cheap side.

Chris
            sigpic

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
              valar morghulis
              • Mar 8, 2005

Originally posted by johnnystorm
              But seriously...can we please have at least one episode in which a character does NOT walk off to brood in the hallway and then one of the others says "I'll go talk to him (or her)"?
              I'd be thrilled to have just one per ep, this last one had about six

Also, fun drinking game: take a shot when someone says "my powers". You'll be blotto in no time..

Comment

• libby 1957dog
                Persistent Member
                • Sep 3, 2009

BTS trickster season 3 pic ,he dont look so jolly here lol
                at a quick glance i thought it was tim curry

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                  Verbose Member
                  • Mar 7, 2004

^I believe that's the Trickster of Earth 3, which is Jay's world in the series. Shipp doesn't look too happy either!

Chris
                  sigpic

Comment

• libby 1957dog
                    Persistent Member
                    • Sep 3, 2009

thanks for the heads up chris
                    cheers

Comment

• Brue
                      User without title
                      • Sep 29, 2005

cool! i failed to notice julio!
                      Last edited by Brue; Oct 23, '16, 11:11 PM.

Comment

• Brue
                        User without title
                        • Sep 29, 2005

Originally posted by Hector
                        John Wesley Shipp's super bright white porcelain veneers were creeping me the hell out...when he was talking to Barry in the cafe...he made Gustin Grant's normal teeth looked yellow in comparison...

my kids noted his teeth in that very scene when we watched.

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                          Talkative Member
                          • Jun 20, 2011

Finally watched "MAGENTA." Have to say it ranks, IMHO, as possibly one of THE worst FLASH episodes to date.

First off, speedster overdose. Waaaay too many speedsters of late; it takes away from the Flash's uniqueness.

Secondly---the Barry/Iris thing is teetering on the verge of becoming this show's Clark/Lana (from Smallville). Personally, I read ZERO chemistry between the two actors and Iris can easily be just as irritating as Lana Lang ever was. Plus, would Iris even survive moving at the speeds Barry move at without some type of protection from the friction generated? Isn't that basically the whole purpose of Barry's suit?

Third----enough with the pouty, ultra-angsty teenage/young adult stuff! If I have to hear a character say "I'll talk to him/her" one more time, I think I'm going to just switch the show off. Wally is perhaps the most sadly pathetic example of this affliction. "Wah-wah, I don't have any super-speed. I'm going to go off and sulk." Ugh!!! And stepping out in front of an oncoming vehicle to "jump start" abilities he may or may not even have?? Not even sure if the word "moron" is strong enough. Almost wish Jesse hadn't been around to save his sorry hide.

Fourth and last, Magenta as a wannabe/dime store version of Magneto was sucked. The only character I've seen this season that is even remotely interesting is Doctor Alchemy, a character I know zero about, but he seems interesting, although I have fears that, when we finally see who's behind that mask, I have a feeling it's either going to be this new timeline's Harry Wells or the annoying new forensics dude working with Barry.
                          sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• MIB41
                            Eloquent Member
                            • Sep 25, 2005

^^^ Yep. Viewer fatigue is setting in with me as well with the constant rewrite of his present day situation. Plus I think the writers have outsmarted themselves by revisiting the love interest between Iris and Barry. What strikes me as odd is how she has strong feelings for him no matter how he comes to her in whatever reality. So it's like he doesn't have to negotiate a new chemistry because it's just a given she will like him in any time continuum. For myself that has removed any tension between them and she has become, more or less, a romantic tool for his speedster voyages. Translation: the chase is over, let them be a couple and let's move on to another story line.

Comment

• Hector
                              el Hombre de Acero
                              • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by emeraldknight47
                              Finally watched "MAGENTA." Have to say it ranks, IMHO, as possibly one of THE worst FLASH episodes to date.

First off, speedster overdose. Waaaay too many speedsters of late; it takes away from the Flash's uniqueness.

Secondly---the Barry/Iris thing is teetering on the verge of becoming this show's Clark/Lana (from Smallville). Personally, I read ZERO chemistry between the two actors and Iris can easily be just as irritating as Lana Lang ever was. Plus, would Iris even survive moving at the speeds Barry move at without some type of protection from the friction generated? Isn't that basically the whole purpose of Barry's suit?

Third----enough with the pouty, ultra-angsty teenage/young adult stuff! If I have to hear a character say "I'll talk to him/her" one more time, I think I'm going to just switch the show off. Wally is perhaps the most sadly pathetic example of this affliction. "Wah-wah, I don't have any super-speed. I'm going to go off and sulk." Ugh!!! And stepping out in front of an oncoming vehicle to "jump start" abilities he may or may not even have?? Not even sure if the word "moron" is strong enough. Almost wish Jesse hadn't been around to save his sorry hide.

Fourth and last, Magenta as a wannabe/dime store version of Magneto was sucked. The only character I've seen this season that is even remotely interesting is Doctor Alchemy, a character I know zero about, but he seems interesting, although I have fears that, when we finally see who's behind that mask, I have a feeling it's either going to be this new timeline's Harry Wells or the annoying new forensics dude working with Barry.
                              I agree with every friggin word you typed...every single word...on anything and everything.

I'm about to bail on the Flash...I'm very close in doing so, very close.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                                el Hombre de Acero
                                • May 19, 2003

"Third----enough with the pouty, ultra-angsty teenage/young adult stuff! If I have to hear a character say "I'll talk to him/her" one more time, I think I'm going to just switch the show off. Wally is perhaps the most sadly pathetic example of this affliction. "Wah-wah, I don't have any super-speed. I'm going to go off and sulk." Ugh!!! And stepping out in front of an oncoming vehicle to "jump start" abilities he may or may not even have?? Not even sure if the word "moron" is strong enough. Almost wish Jesse hadn't been around to save his sorry hide."

There's NOTHING heroic about Wally...NOTHING...acting like a sulking petulant douch*bag, I can't stand him.

I wished it had been him instead of those two Negan bashed last night...oh, thrown in Cisco in there too while we are at it...

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎