Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • C.H.O.A.M.
    learning all the time
    • Sep 15, 2010

I'm still watching but my expectations have dropped below the Mendoza line.
    the team finally gets a decent idea (interrupt Barry's memories) and... it goes nowhere and accomplishes nothing.
    I know the show is trying to portray the Flash and his team as they learn the ropes, but no amount of practice can make you smarter.
    isn't Barry supposed to be smart??

Comment

• sprytel
      Talkative Member
      • Jun 26, 2009

The episode was going along great... I loved Happy Barry... the lighter episode was such a welcome relief from all the b.s. teen angst... and then somehow the conclusion they reach is "no, the Flash needs to be weighed down by the burdens of the world." Are you kidding me?!? Being the world's fastest man shouldn't be a total downer...

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

^Geoff Johns refuses to give that up. He thought it was brilliant to add tragedy to Barry's backstory, apparently refusing to believe someone can be heroic just because it's the right thing to do.

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
          • Jun 16, 2001

I despise that about the modern iteration of the character, the Flash isn't Peter Parker.
          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• kept back
            Persistent Member
            • Aug 2, 2002

It felt like Grant Gustin was playing the Barry I grew up with in that episode. The scene where he's running in the lab yelling "whoo hoo!" had me cracking up.
            Of all the souls I have encountered his was the most...human.

Comment

• WannabeMego
              Made in the USA
              • May 2, 2003

Yeah...Boo-Hoo Barry is starting to really annoy my son now.

He loved Barry Re-Discovering his Powers and really wishes they would bring that 'feeling' back from Seasons 1.
              Everyone is Entitled to MY Opinion...Your's, not so much!

Comment

• palitoy
                live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                • Jun 16, 2001

My kids both walked early from this week's episode, which has never happened.
                Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                  Verbose Member
                  • Mar 7, 2004

Well, last night's episode certainly ended unexpectedly, despite being foretold months ago. It will be interesting to see if they can stick the landing, and tie this whole season up in a nice bow next week. I'm kind of doubting this storyline works from start to finish, but I could be wrong.

Chris
                  sigpic

Comment

• Dark Shadow
                    Creature Of The Night
                    • May 14, 2011

Will most likely watch the finale next week only because I've watched the whole season through, but will be checking out after that. I really enjoyed S1, S2 a little less so, but this year it was a real chore for me to stay engaged.

Comment

• johnnystorm
                      Hot Child in the City
                      • Jul 3, 2008

Wells is up to some plan of his own. We already saw him with a gun of some sort in the future, a fact that was brought up at the time and never mentioned again. I'm guessing it somehow involves shooting that lightning bolt shaped piece of Savitar's armor at him, which will somehow reset the timestream, unkill Iris, erase Savitar, fix Caitlin, and doom HR's romance with Tracy. Maybe even restore Wally's old haircut.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                        Verbose Member
                        • Mar 7, 2004

Yeah, I think HR is going to sacrifice himself in some way, they definitely telegraphed it. Some suspect he traded places with Iris with the thing Barry used to sneak into Argus as Mrs. Diggle (can't think of her name, quit watching Arrow a while back).

Chris
                        sigpic

Comment

• sprytel
                          Talkative Member
                          • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                          Yeah, I think HR is going to sacrifice himself in some way, they definitely telegraphed it. Some suspect he traded places with Iris with the thing Barry used to sneak into Argus as Mrs. Diggle (can't think of her name, quit watching Arrow a while back).

Chris
                          Book it. That's totally going to be what happens. The show is clearly setting up HR for a sacrifice-- with the concocted doomed romance and the sudden need to prove his value-- but the "face shifting machine" was the missing piece to make it all work. And thanks to the multiverse, no need to write anyone off the show! You can kill off Tom Welling over and over again and the well never runs dry... or should I say, the Wells never run dry...

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                            Talkative Member
                            • Jun 20, 2011

Originally posted by sprytel
                            Book it. That's totally going to be what happens. The show is clearly setting up HR for a sacrifice-- with the concocted doomed romance and the sudden need to prove his value-- but the "face shifting machine" was the missing piece to make it all work. And thanks to the multiverse, no need to write anyone off the show! You can kill off Tom Welling over and over again and the well never runs dry... or should I say, the Wells never run dry...
                            A show where Tom Welling dies repeatedly, over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.....

I think Hector would love that show!
                            sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• The Bat
                              Batman Fanatic
                              • Jul 14, 2002

Smallville? You mean the show that ran for 10 YEARS? I know for certainty that The Flash won't even come close to that.
                              sigpic

Comment

• sprytel
                                Talkative Member
                                • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by emeraldknight47
                                A show where Tom Welling dies repeatedly, over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.....

I think Hector would love that show!
                                Oops... Tom Cavanaugh! Poor Tom Welling...

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎