Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop
  • warlock664
    Persistent Member
    • Feb 15, 2009

Originally posted by palitoy
    Was that Julio as the Police Captain?
    Julio? You mean from the 90's FLASH TV show? If so, that's awesome !

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

Yeah, the actor's name is Alex Desert but I missed the credits tonight.
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Blue Meanie
        Banned
        • Jun 23, 2001

Originally posted by palitoy
        Was that Julio as the Police Captain?
        I remember him as the blind newstand guy from Becker...if that's his name then yep it was him.

Comment

• monitor_ep
          Talkative Member
          • May 11, 2013

Yes Alex Davis played Julio Mendez in the 90's Flash and played Captain Julio Mendez in the Flashpoint episode.
          Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• LonnieFisher
            Eloquent Member
            • Jan 19, 2008

That was great! The new season is going to be awesome!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
              Verbose Member
              • Mar 7, 2004

I loved seeing Julio. I think they've gotten all of the living 90s Flash cast regulars on the show now.

SPOILER WARNINGS

I really enjoyed the episode, but I wish some mention had been made of the fact that Reverse-Flash altered the timeline to begin with. Why didn't THAT screw things up like Barry's time change did? I hope after this we leave Nora's murder alone. We've been to that well too many times.

Having said all that, it was a good start!

Chris
              sigpic

Comment

• MIB41
                Eloquent Member
                • Sep 25, 2005

SPOILER ALERT
                V
                V
                V
                V
                V
                V
                V
                V
                I enjoyed this episode last night for the most part, but I have to say mixing up timelines and coming back every season with a slightly different take on a new reality is making it hard for me to stay invested because you never know when the writers are going to scratch that story line and in effect "reboot" the characters. In the beginning that made for a nice bit of irony that has been covered extensively in the comics. But at some point, it becomes taxing because you can't gel with the characters if they are being rewritten every season. I feel like I'm watching the superhero version of Groundhog's Day. The only thing missing is Sonny and Cher singing " I got you babe." We've been beat over the head with the metaphor of consequences in getting what you ask for. Now I would like to see these characters evolve naturally so I can have some trust in the direction of the story.

Comment

• Hector
                  el Hombre de Acero
                  • May 19, 2003

Agreed^^^^
                  sigpic

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                    Verbose Member
                    • Mar 7, 2004

Yeah, I think they really need to move on from the origin story. Arrow's insistence on still focusing on that damn island has really crippled that show and stretched it's credibility with me.

Chris
                    sigpic

Comment

• johnnystorm
                      Hot Child in the City
                      • Jul 3, 2008

I agree. They should wrap up Flashpoint by the mid season break and then focus on Flash as a crimefighter from then on. Bring in more villains and heroes, and stop the death of the mom stuff.

BTW...what's the deal suddenly with time travel shows? Flash, Timeless (they stole Rip Hunter's comic book time sphere), Legends of Tomorrow, a new one tonight called Frequency, even Me-TV brought back Time Tunnel!

Comment

• Hector
                        el Hombre de Acero
                        • May 19, 2003

I'll be frank here, I like the show, but do not love it. I get annoyed at many of the characters and situations. I know it's a comic book superhero show, with fantastical elements that elludes logic. But the little things are what annoys me most...like imprisoning Reverse Flash, feeding him fast food, yet no toilet in sight, lol.

Barry rudely umasks Kid Flash, lets him know who he is, and without even knowing who the hell is Barry, Kid Flash gives him an instant treatment to all his secrets, hideaway and all. Silly moment of the night, Barry tells the Kid how he manages this type of facility with no security, yeah, like Star Labs was so secured, lol. Then near the end, the Kid and his dad happened to have spare beers on their hands, just in time for Barry to get one, as he just happens to show up, lol.

And the kicker, here I thought, Barry had changed the timeline, because everyone is acting like Iris is dead, but nooooooo, she's just not in talking terms with her dad, how devastating, lol.

But hey, still a fan here, I just like to nitpick...

Last edited by Hector; Oct 5, '16, 2:38 PM.
                        sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
                          Hi Ernie!!!
                          • Feb 15, 2004

Went to watch it on Hulu to discover that all the CW stuff is gone from there. They launched their own streaming app on Roku and its free, for now. Hope it stays that way.
                          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• johnnystorm
                            Hot Child in the City
                            • Jul 3, 2008

How many Barrys are now on scene in that living room anyway? And can anyone explain what happened to little Barry? Didn't he then grow up with his parents? So why would grownup Barry be a csi when he originally became one to solve his mom's murder? Why would Barry still be the Flash?
                            Last edited by johnnystorm; Oct 5, '16, 8:22 PM.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                              Hi Ernie!!!
                              • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by johnnystorm
                              How many Barrys are now on scene in that living room anyway? And can anyone explain what happened to little Barry? Didn't he then grow up with his parents? So why would grownup Barry be a csi when he originally became one to solve his mom's murder? Why would Barry still be the Flash?
                              Barry went back stopped his Mom's murder then returned to his present with Reverse Flash and imprisoned him. He was losing his memories of his timeline throughout the episode. The only odd part is that there should be kid Barry left behind to grow up with his parents and adult Barry too. Unless there is some bit that was not covered concerning two of the same people can't coexist? I dunno about that part of it. I guess its just a show and I should really just relax.
                              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎