Super Friends Wave 2 $75

Great price:

Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop
  • warlock664
    Persistent Member
    • Feb 15, 2009

Great deal, wish I didn't already have them!
    Toycade is a great seller, unfortunately he seems to be stocking way less FTC product these days.

Comment

• Teemu
      Persistent Member
      • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by warlock664
      Great deal, wish I didn't already have them!
      Toycade is a great seller, unfortunately he seems to be stocking way less FTC product these days.
      He seems to be always selling these much cheaper than anywhere else. I don't see how he makes money on these unless FTC markup is just too high (which it probably is)

Comment

• Gumby01
        • Dec 7, 2015

I like ordering from Toycade because of their reasonable prices. I'm kinda bummed that they haven't solicited any orders for Super Friends Series 3 and 4, or any newly announced series (i.e. The Flash).

I hope that they are not dropping out of selling any FTC stuff in the future.

Comment

• Bruce Wayne 27 1967
          • Mar 9, 2010

Sent a message to Toycade regarding Super Friends series 3 & 4. Here was the reply:

We will not. We shot ourselves in the foot by making these so cheap. I can't make money off their product anymore.

Comment

• Teemu
            Persistent Member
            • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by Bruce Wayne 27 1967
            I can't make money off their product anymore.
            that says ALOT!

This is a niche product that appeals to the old school! Most of the collecting community as a whole despise the Mego 8" baggie clothed format...I hear it quite often on chat boards

In the age of modern toys and detailed realistic looking figures,most collectors want better detailed figures and not the 70's cheese look

Granted,FTC is a step up on some of their figures,but in the end,it only appeals to a certain group while the higher prices,large heads on some figures and cheap feeling bodies don't help

Comment

• thunderbolt
              Hi Ernie!!!
              • Feb 15, 2004

^^^ I think the continued big head problem and numerous costume problems is finally cutting in on sales. For a while they said they were working on the issues, but they continue to happen.
              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• warlock664
                Persistent Member
                • Feb 15, 2009

Originally posted by Bruce Wayne 27 1967
                Sent a message to Toycade regarding Super Friends series 3 & 4. Here was the reply:

We will not. We shot ourselves in the foot by making these so cheap. I can't make money off their product anymore.
                Yeah, I'm not surprised. It's a shame, but I can understand. He'll probably be stuck with "Vote for Batman" figures for the next 10 years.

Comment

• jacoblb
                  Persistent Member
                  • May 7, 2009

Saddened by the news of Toycade no longer able to support future FTC product. I buy FTC retro figures from Toycade whenever I can and recently got wave 3 of Super Powers. I've probably spent $500-$1k on figures. I intend to switch over to Super Friends next before buying the newer waves of things. FWIW, I don't buy anything but FTC product through Toycade so when I am caught up with the many figures that flooded the market I'll have no choice but to support EE exclusively for retro figures, which isn't a problem for me, but still it's sad that FTC lost a major retailer.

Comment

• MIB41
                    Eloquent Member
                    • Sep 25, 2005

I hate to hear this but from a business perspective, this was inevitable. I buy from Toycade as well, but he is far from being the only one on the net selling figures at enormous discounted rates. I've purchased scores of figures for STEEP discounted prices that are not even a year old. And even lower than Toycade's sales too. This is not just on FTC product but market wide with ReMegos. For so few players in the manufacturing game right now, the market is saturated with product. There's just no way for demand to keep up with the degree of product being pumped out. Who has room for all of this stuff? Even if you're picking individual figures between sets, it's still a heck of allot to consume, store, and display.

Of course the irony of this statement does not get past me. Here we use to DREAM of having really ANY license in a Mego format. A quick glance at the Museum Christmas catalog from years back really speaks to how far we've come on a great many grails (Star Wars remaining that elusive outsider). I myself have seen an enormous uptick in my collection even as I have been trying to thin it down. But allot of that is a result of these huge discounted prices. Originally I did not plan on spending much for ReMegos this year. The cost had just gotten out of hand. But with this wave of enormous discounts, it became incredibly easy to buy entire sets for a fraction of the shelf cost. So even though my spending has gone down, my volume went up. Good for me, bad for the seller.

Personally I just think there is allot of fatigue in the marketplace right now. Allot of vendors are feeling the pinch, so what that means for future product and companies like FTC that have invested allot in this format remains to be seen. Hopefully ReMegos are not going the way of GI-Joe and the hobby will survive what is undeniably a down-tick in demand. There is always going to be a ebb and flow to nostalgic collecting. Lets hope this is just a lull and that demand returns. It's been a historically great run. That's undeniable.

Comment

• wise guy
                      Career Member
                      • Dec 29, 2014

If you read other site forums such as Fwoosh, Action figure insider , TNI etc there are very few posts on remegos. The collectors are into action figures, and Mezco ,and other lines but not remegos . Figures Toys has the entire DC rights but keeps putting out different versions of the same charectors such as the purple bags versions, The tied up
                      versions , Batman for president, 4 packs , 2 packs etc. How can they keep selling the same figures over and over ? BBTS can't get rid of the 2 packs and they still have
                      all the Diamond Marvels in stock (except WW2 Cap)

Comment

• MIB41
                        Eloquent Member
                        • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by wise guy
                        If you read other site forums such as Fwoosh, Action figure insider , TNI etc there are very few posts on remegos. The collectors are into action figures, and Mezco ,and other lines but not remegos . Figures Toys has the entire DC rights but keeps putting out different versions of the same charectors such as the purple bags versions, The tied up
                        versions , Batman for president, 4 packs , 2 packs etc. How can they keep selling the same figures over and over ? BBTS can't get rid of the 2 packs and they still have
                        all the Diamond Marvels in stock (except WW2 Cap)
                        I think a number of those items are repackaged figures. When you see KISS figures packaged with an 8 inch and 12 inch character on one card for a discounted price, that's not something manufactured over and above what they initially ordered. I think many (but not all) of the variants play to that tune and from a business perspective that's probably a very smart move to keep stock fresh in presentation. But for those of us who look at every announcement and evaluate every release because we are fans of this format, that can be very distracting. And while I realize not every variant is intended for mass consumption like a completely new figure line, one does not have to turn around from the front row of this audience to realize we're standing in a small venue to begin with. So if we're not smitten by the release, who does this fall to for a purchase? I've ended up buying a number of Batman '66 variants but it was because they were so dirt cheap in secondary markets. And I DO mean dirt cheap. So when I see a new one for $30, its almost like predicting the contents for the next markdown bin at the ReMego virtual store. So maybe another part of that decline is license fatigue. I think you can only push that "collect them all" button so many times before people start feeling exhausted by the repetitiveness of the product line.

Comment

• jacoblb
                          Persistent Member
                          • May 7, 2009

I don't mean to give folks yet another thread and complain about FTC over sized retro figure heads, but I think it's fair to lay blame also on quality. I've come across many FTC threads where MM members stated they weren't buying a particular figure or an entire wave of figures due to quality control problems. Combined with what you said about over saturation and weak varients the fact that complaints have seemingly fallen on deaf ears it just goes to show that the consumer and retailers aren't entirely at fault and FTC has to realize some things aren't up to snuff. And this is coming from a buyer who hasn't ever complained about scuplts, head size, tailoring, or character selection.

Comment

• jacoblb
                            Persistent Member
                            • May 7, 2009

Just placed an order on wave 2 now that the price recently was back to $75 and not $80. Sadly, I think it may be my last order with Toycade since they aren't carrying other new waves of retro cloth figures. Toycade was almost exclusively my go -to place for FTC product, while EE serve me with BBP retro cloth merch.

I had had Peter and Micky Monkees figures in my eBay cart at $25 each, but someone else bought 1 during check out so I dumped the 1 remaining figure from my cart. I figure it'll be more of a hassle trying to buy single Monkee figures than by group. Plus they were wearing tuxedos while I prefer the red or blue band uniforms. Maybe if I play my cards right I can buy the Monkees in pieces directly at FTC and score a deal. Or go via polybag.

I guess as I look toward getting Teen Titans, Superfriends wave 3 and up, Superman wave 3, The Marvel Family, Gilligan's Island, Batman wave 5, I either buy from Lotsoftoys on eBay or EE. I'm probably forgetting another DC Comics theme, however.
                            Last edited by jacoblb; Dec 9, '16, 10:29 AM. Reason: Clarity. Typos.

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎