Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a way to fix the action feature on a Toy biz Batman?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Is there a way to fix the action feature on a Toy biz Batman?

The belt bat rope action feature broke on my 1989 Toy biz Batman. Instead climbing up the rope he now just hangs there like a Christmas ornament. This has to be a fairly common issue with these. Anyway to fix it other than just snipping the rope off and gluing the belt buckle on?
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • windebieste
    Museum Patron
    • Dec 31, 2015

I'm not familiar with the toy at all - and I'll be the first to say that some features can't be fixed - but if you can provide us with more information, then you might have a chance.

If you can post photos of the problem, someone may have some suggestions. You'd be surprised how far a little improvisation and ingenuity can go towards solving such problems when all the information is available.

Right now, all I know is you've got a broken toy. (If not myself) we might be able to fix that.

-Windebieste.

Comment

• Werewolf
      Inhuman
      • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by windebieste
      I'm not familiar with the toy at all - and I'll be the first to say that some features can't be fixed -
      I'm thinking he is a lost cause. Unlike Bob the Goon, another figure in Toy Biz's Batman 1989 line, there's no screws in the back or anyway to get the figure apart. Just a tiny square opening in the belt where the rope comes out. I've tried putting a paper clip and a small wire through the belt buckle to see if I could unlock the jammed mechanism. But that didn't work. I was hoping someone else that had this figure knew a trick to unjam the action feature. Sadly, it looks like, there is just no fixing him.
      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Marvelmania
        A Ray of Sunshine
        • Jun 17, 2001

Is there any way to get some WD-40 down in there? It might loosen it up some after getting in there for a bit?

Comment

• knight errant00
          8 Inch Action Figure
          • Nov 15, 2005

Without looking at it, I'm guessing part of the mechanism slipped or broke. There's got to be a way to pry him apart (admittedly you could crack something), and from there you'd need pieces from something like one of those retracting ID badge reels to repair it.

Wish I had better suggestions . . .

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎