Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

I gotta catch up on this show. I dropped out about half-way through Season 1, but they are all sitting in the DVR. I may just jump straight into season 2, then back-track. I've already been spoiled.

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

The season 1 finale was ripped right out of a Gardener Fox Justice League issue, I'd start with the last 3 shows then work forwards.
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

^I'll do that. I think I'll catch the Jonah Hex episode too.

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• johnnystorm
          Hot Child in the City
          • Jul 3, 2008

Might see a little of Hex next week, as they're visiting the Civil War. Or Nighthawk & Cinnamon (the Old West Carter & Shayera?).
          The only other western heroes operating during that time were Scalphunter & Bat Lash, either of whom would be great.
          This week's episide was pretty good, but they need to fix Steel quick as otherwise he's annoying. He makes Ray look like Prof. Stein!
          Were the Japanese family supposed to be ancestors of Katana? Was that the same sword she carries on Arrow?

Comment

• palitoy
            • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by johnnystorm
            Might see a little of Hex next week,
            It's already been confirmed he's in an episode in mid November. Looks like zombies this week:

Were the Japanese family supposed to be ancestors of Katana?
            Apparently, my son is the Arrow watched in the house and pointed that out.

Comment

• palitoy
              • Jun 16, 2001

This season is head and shoulders above last, I wasn't sure about this week's show but it was pretty well handled.

Ray being the new Captain Cold is weird but it feels very much like a comic gimmick.

Comment

• johnnystorm
                Hot Child in the City
                • Jul 3, 2008

I'm thinking Ray will somehow be getting the Atom powers back, at least the shrinking part. Just having the Cold Gun is not the same as being willing to use it as ruthlessly as Cold did. I find it interesting that some of the Legends such as Mick & Sarah kill their foes, but there's no lectures from the others who don't. It's kind of accepted it's ok in battle. Still not too sure about Nate & Vixen, but they seem to be fitting in ok.
                The Civil War episode this week was the best so far, and I like having Sarah in charge of the group (Did you catch the bit where Grant calls her 'Captain Lance', just like her father?).
                In fact, I think what's making this season better is NOT having Rip Hunter around, telling everyone how they can't do this and can't do that. Seems they can figure things out on their own. Ditto Captain Cold, who pretty much dominated every scene he was in. It's better seeing Heat Wave becoming a hero than it was Cold, who makes a much better bad guy. That and not having a lame villain like Vandal Savage plus the boring Hawk couple.
                Also like how much cool stuff they are using Stein for. Singing last week, irrational fear this week, well done. He's my second favorite character (Sarah is #1).
                Last edited by johnnystorm; Nov 4, '16, 2:05 PM.

Comment

• palitoy
                  • Jun 16, 2001

Yay, I'm not talking to myself!

I said that to my wife last night "The show is better without Rip". I'm sure he's going to return but it's allowing the others to breath and grow.

Vixen is OK in my book but not sure about Steel yet.

Now that Atom's armour is gone, I am also hoping for a more traditional Atom in the future. Never thought about the ruthless aspect.

One of the best things the show tackled this was Jefferson and Vixen being black time travellers, i enjoyed that concept and didn't expect it.

Didn't catch the Capt. Lance thing, I am not an Arrow guy.

Comment

• johnnystorm
                    Hot Child in the City
                    • Jul 3, 2008

Originally posted by palitoy
                    Yay, I'm not talking to myself!

I said that to my wife last night "The show is better without Rip". I'm sure he's going to return but it's allowing the others to breath and grow.
                    Exactly. Without the constant angst over Savage killing his family, as well as the overwhelming storyline involving the Hawks, everyone else gets some attention. Sure, we have the JSA & Legion of Doom plot going, but mostly so far we are getting time travel stories of a more traditional style. And hitting all the highlights so far: WW2, dinosaurs, Civil War, Cold War...old west coming. Just need a trip to King Arthur's court & a meeting with Enemy Ace during WW1.

Comment

• VintageMike
                      Permanent Member
                      • Dec 16, 2004

While I liked the first season, this second season has jumped to being one of my favorite shows. I liked Hawkgirl but she was dragged down by the whole Hawk mythology. Didn't translate to TV IMO. Vixen is a fabulous addition, and I actually like the Nate half more than Steel. Nothing wrong with him but it's just another set of powers. Having a historian on the team eliminates some obvious questions when they travel far back in time. Some might see this as "convenient" but to me it's necessary because it's only a hour show, so no reason to waste time on the team"figuring out" their surroundings. The developing friendship between Ray/Mick is also a nice dynamic.

Comment

• Hector
                        el Hombre de Acero
                        • May 19, 2003

I never though I was ever going to say this...but I now like Legends of Tomorrow way more than either the Flash or Supergirl.

And Sarah, what a hottie...she kicks arze too...

sigpic

Comment

• johnnystorm
                          Hot Child in the City
                          • Jul 3, 2008

Anybody else bothered by time travel back to the 80's? Hate being reminded my "glory days" are 30 years gone.
                          Loved Dahrk's Don Johnson outfit, and Mick Rory continues to be entertaining. Obsidian was great too.

Comment

• johnnystorm
                            Hot Child in the City
                            • Jul 3, 2008

Another great episode!
                            Mick Rory is killing it this season without Cold to overshadow him! A romance with Vixen blossoming?
                            Sarah as Captain is great...this is going to be a problem when Rip comes back though.
                            Not sure about Steel being that strong though...ddoesn't quite make sense to me.
                            Couple gripes about Hex this time...one, it wasn't a fire that gave him the facial scars, he was tortured and scarred by a hot Apache tomahawk. And two, he seemed a bit disoriented on the ship this time, before he seemed more at ease. Maybe it was his buddy Rip being gone.
                            And where did they get horses at? Is there a stable on the ship or can Gideon make them too?

Comment

• Hector
                              el Hombre de Acero
                              • May 19, 2003

Agreed on Rory, he's becoming a fan favorite...the ship must be loaded with crates of beer, because he sure puts them away, lol.
                              sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
                                • Jun 16, 2001

Good episode although TV Jonah Hex lacks subtlety.

Fun to see the Steel costume come into play.

And yeah, Rory's beer supply must come from the same machine that makes the hats.

I think the woman that professor Stein is seeing is his new daughter.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎