Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • johnnystorm
    Hot Child in the City
    • Jul 3, 2008

Not just the beer, they have a huge whiskey budget too! This is the drinkin'est show, someone's always got a bottle or glass in their hand!

Stein has a daughter in the comics? Firehawk?

Comment

• johnnystorm
      Hot Child in the City
      • Jul 3, 2008

Scene from the 4 part teamup.
      Ray has the Atom suit back.

lgn207a-0021r-212262.jpg

Comment

• jwyblejr
        galactic yo-yo
        • Apr 6, 2006

I need to catch up on this season. Tried tonight with my Roku but the episodes are closed caption and I have no idea how to turn it off.

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

^^^ Hit the star button and unselect it.
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• jwyblejr
            galactic yo-yo
            • Apr 6, 2006

Thanks. I don't mind it too much,I just find the caption of the sound effects and music to be annoying.

Comment

• C.H.O.A.M.
              learning all the time
              • Sep 15, 2010

well that was an underwhelming 4 part crossover.
              obviously budget was a factor, but Supergirl had almost nothing to do...
              and why exactly is she on another Earth?

Comment

• johnnystorm
                Hot Child in the City
                • Jul 3, 2008

Because it was more or less established that Oliver was the first such hero, and there were no super powered heroes until Barry Allen showed up (later retconned to show the JSA existed but were top secret and not public knowledge.) .
                I thought the whole 4 part thing was stretched too far. Supergirl's episode wasn't even part of it except for the last minute or so, and Arrow was mostly filler. As has been the case all season, Legends was the gem of the bunch. Everybody got something to do, the big battle was pretty cool, and things are setup for more crossovers and teamups.
                And Brandon Routh had the absolute best line of the whole thing!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                  Verbose Member
                  • Mar 7, 2004

I actually thought the Arrow part was the best of the bunch, even though I haven't really watched that show in years. Sure, it was a rip-off of "For the Man Who Has Everything" and BTAS' "Perchance to Dream", but it was executed well. The rest of the parts felt very rushed.

This was the first Legends I'd watched this season and I did enjoy it. Going to have to back track and catch up. I like Steel's comic-accurate helmet. Makes me wish they'd give poor Ray a similar treatment so he can look like The Atom instead of X-O, Man of Stark. He did indeed have a GREAT line!

This was fun, and since I'm a Flash guy I'm glad we may have finally put all the Flashpoint blame-game to rest. It was a dumbed down version of the comics' Invasion crossover and it definitely seemed rushed in both its writing and production, but the whole family enjoyed it over the four nights.

Chris
                  sigpic

Comment

• johnnystorm
                    Hot Child in the City
                    • Jul 3, 2008

I just thought the Arrow episode was just more of the soap opera stuff, I'd have rather seen a mini-battle with more of the Arrow crew involved, like Roy, Katana, Huntress, Constantine. I realize the sfx were costly, but an Invasion should have more Invaders. They waste entire seasons on Vandal Savage & Dahrk, but the biggest game changing event is buried in a dream episode with more Laurel Lance drama. The writers should have done more setup to this story, having Dominators in the shadows here & there, maybe having the Legends part in 1950s fall in the regular season a bit earlier.

I'm not sure where all the Flashpoint drama comes from anyway, because from everyone's point ofvview (except Barry), it's all history. I think Diggle handled it right, a moment of disbelief then onward. Seriously, if someone, even a friend, showed up and told you the kid you watched being born & raised used to be something else in "another timeline", so what? You personally don't know it...heck, for all we know time travel is real and people like Barry muck it up all the time. Our history could reset 100 times a week and we would never know it!

Legends this year has been the standout show, there's not a member who isn't killing it, even the newbies Vixen & Steel. White Canary, Heat Wave. & Prof. Stein are so strong they lift the others up. At this point I'm kinda dreading Rip Hunter's return.

Comment

• samurainoir
                      Eloquent Member
                      • Dec 26, 2006

Enjoying the crossover so far, but since I only watch Supergirl and Flash on a regular basis, the large casts of the other shows and their complicated backstories are making things seem a bit too crowded for me.

I had previously been able to enjoy the Arrow crossovers with Flash, but as cool as it was to see Ragman, Wild Dog, Mister Terrific and Vigilante, I had no idea that they were in the show and wasn't well versed enough on the numerous Arrow characters back-story and inter-relationships to care much about what was happening in that particular episode.
                      My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• wise guy
                        Career Member
                        • Dec 29, 2014

I really liked the crossover but Arrow has really improved for me this season with his new team Mr Terriffic, Ragman , and Wild Dog and the flashback scenes with
                        Dolph Lundgren as a Russian mobster. DC legends is also way better this season with JSA,and Justice league Detroit members, and NO Vandal Savage or Rip Hunter.
                        This crossover was more fun and entertaining than Superman vs. Batman which I also saw for the first time this week . I love the way Star Labs became the Hall of Justice
                        from the Super Friends

Comment

• Hector
                          el Hombre de Acero
                          • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by johnnystorm
                          I'm not sure where all the Flashpoint drama comes from anyway, because from everyone's point ofvview (except Barry), it's all history. I think Diggle handled it right, a moment of disbelief then onward. Seriously, if someone, even a friend, showed up and told you the kid you watched being born & raised used to be something else in "another timeline", so what? You personally don't know it...heck, for all we know time travel is real and people like Barry muck it up all the time. Our history could reset 100 times a week and we would never know it!

Legends this year has been the standout show, there's not a member who isn't killing it, even the newbies Vixen & Steel. White Canary, Heat Wave. & Prof. Stein are so strong they lift the others up. At this point I'm kinda dreading Rip Hunter's return.
                          Legends is tons of fun, way better than last season. I'm glad Rip Hunter is gone, and I hope for good, he and Vandal Savage were getting on my friggin nerves. But even when those two were in every episode last year, I still never missed an episode. The same cannot be said of Flash and Supergirl, I'm so done with them...gave up on those two shows a month ago...but just watched them because of the four part crossover mini series...I even watched Arrow, a show I never watched much.

Dude, on your Flashpoint drama, you are so dead on...you hit the nail on the head with Thor's Mjǫllnir a trillion, no, a quadrillion times. Why in the hell do they trip for? As you said, they didn't go through this, only Barry has experienced this...it's all hearsay. Hey, if a dude changed the time line...and said to me, "Hey, Hector, sorry about changing the timeline, I didn't mean too...as you had three kids...oh, and you were a rock star in that alternate timeline, sorry". I'd say, "Oh, it's cool, oh well", lol.

I despise Cisco...I can't stand that dude...always brooding and whining about his stupid older brother who was a dlck to him anyway...he should be thanking Barry everyday...he actually did him a favor...dude is bltching about something he never experienced...I want Cisco to cease to exist...I hope Barry goes for another time travel trip, and indirectly erases Cisco. And while we're are at it, erase Kid Flash and Iris too. Can't stand either of them either. Their dad, Joe West, is okay, he can stay, lol.
                          Last edited by Hector; Dec 3, '16, 4:10 PM.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Blue Meanie
                            Banned
                            • Jun 23, 2001

Legends has stepped up for me this season due most in part to the fact that it's an Earth 2 fanboy's dream come true. First the JSA and now what looks to be, in my eyes, a possible Spectre appearance when the series comes back in January.

SPOILER!!!

Tonight's episode basically screamed The Spectre/Jim Corrigan's appearance when Reverse Flash talks about the Spear Of Destiny in the closing moments of the episode. Also, it may be going back to WW2 JSA stuff IF they follow the true storyline that Hitler was looking for The Spear during WW2. Fingers crossed that they get it right and don't F with an already made plot.

Comment

• palitoy
                              live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                              • Jun 16, 2001

It's been a great season thus far.

SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS

Not a fan of the "bait and switch" the episode pulled. Captain Cold being a "Tyler Durdan" to Mick was lame.
                              Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                              http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• johnnystorm
                                Hot Child in the City
                                • Jul 3, 2008

Agreed, it would be so much better if Cold & Hot had to fight each other for reals. After this season I hope the big bads go away for awhile. Darhk at least gets in some good one liners, but I'm kinda getting tired of speedsters, and Merlyn is just too slimy & annoying to watch.
                                And although I knew it was coming, seeing Rip again was a letdown. I enjoy Sara in charge way too much.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎