• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • knight errant00
    8 Inch Action Figure
    • Nov 15, 2005

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
    Some good bits last night, but not as "gosh wow!" as last time. Chris
    I dunno about that -- I actually sat up with a fanboy smile tugging at the corners of my mouth as I realized i was watching Superman and the Martian Manhunter battling Metallo in LIVE ACTION *and* it was pretty cool!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

^That was cool. I sure hope Alex's exo-suit had a built in forcefield, because Metallo punched her right in the face! She'd be hamburger without it.

I'm not an Alex-hater like a lot of fans, but I do think sometimes they go way overboard with her character.

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

Oh, and how about that famous cover homage moment? That was all kinds of awesome. The only thing that could have made it better is a cast of extras in the background, but I know they can't afford that.

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• Hector
          el Hombre de Acero
          • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
          ^That was cool. I sure hope Alex's exo-suit had a built in forcefield, because Metallo punched her right in the face! She'd be hamburger without it.

I'm not an Alex-hater like a lot of fans, but I do think sometimes they go way overboard with her character.

Chris
          I like Alex...but yes, they seem to have gone the Black Widow route with her...she's basically a superhero too. Good call on pointing out her getting punched without getting killed. She had better been fitted with some force field, or else, it would come across as stupid. How about when Supergirl hit that dude with a swinging punch? Really? She only needs to tap his chin with her pinky...no need to be punching humans like that...she would be murdering them left and right, lol.

I'm starting to dig Tyler Hoechlin as Supes. His very likable...and acts like the man of steel is supposed to act...and definitely beats Henry Cavill in that category...just not in the physical aspect, Cavill looks like he came straight outta the comic books, damn perfectly handsome and chiseled...if he were to finally snap outta the Zack Snyder gloom and doom mode...he'd be the perfect Superman. But Hoechlin is already better than both Tom Welling (who never really was Superman to me) and Dean Cain. I'd love for Hoechlin to get his own series.
          sigpic

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

I like Hoechlin and I am thrilled beyond words to see Metallo. (He, Brainiac, and Toyman [Schott] are my favorite Superman foes.)
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
              Muddling through
              • Oct 4, 2008

so one thing I have not seen answered yet is whether the show now exists on the same earth as Arrow and Flash. they even show Flash in the show's opening now

Comment

• comicmike
                Persistent Member
                • Sep 22, 2009

Originally posted by knight errant00
                I dunno about that -- I actually sat up with a fanboy smile tugging at the corners of my mouth as I realized i was watching Superman and the Martian Manhunter battling Metallo in LIVE ACTION *and* it was pretty cool!
                YES!! Gosh, YES!!!

Comment

• The Toyroom
                  The Packaging King
                  • Dec 31, 2004

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
                  so one thing I have not seen answered yet is whether the show now exists on the same earth as Arrow and Flash. they even show Flash in the show's opening now
                  It's not going to be the same Earth as Arrow/Flash although it is tied into the upcoming 4-show crossover...
                  Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                    Muddling through
                    • Oct 4, 2008

too bad. it would be cool if they do something where Supergirl's Earth does become the same earth when the flashpoint story line fixes things

Comment

• phil
                      Persistent Member
                      • May 11, 2007

Not too sure about this show anymore. Melissa Benoist continues to shine, impress and charm but I'm not sure about the changes taking place on the show. Maybe it's just me but the show feels like its starting to resemble Buffy The Vampire Slayer. Neither of tonight's big surprises were surprises to me at least. They seemed obvious.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                        Verbose Member
                        • Mar 7, 2004

The show seems to be skewing older than it did on CBS. This series seemed safer for kids than the others, and then Flash was safer than Arrow, and so on.

It looks like they are about to go into a relationship between an established and new character that may take some explaining to young kids. And it might be the type of thing some parents aren't quite comfortable talking about to kids of a certain age yet.

I'm not trying to be political in the least, but I think there should be at least one of these shows that rides that line like the DCAU always did...smart enough for adults but suitable for the kiddies too.

Oh, and why is Mon-El's name actually Mon-El? That's a Kryptonian name! Superboy gave it to him when he came to Earth, and they thought he was Kryptonian...and possibly a son of Jor-El! He crash-landed on a Monday, so ...

Whatever happened to Lar Gand?

Chris
                        sigpic

Comment

• The Toyroom
                          The Packaging King
                          • Dec 31, 2004

My issues with the season so far:

The aliens on every corner of National City approach is going to turn me off real quick. It's almost like "alien" is Supergirl's version of the word "meta-human" from The Flash. Can't characters be bad guys without always having a tie-in backstory to how they got their powers?

Also, the word "Lex" seems to be this year's version of "Clark". Often mentioned, but never seen?

I see absolutely no shred of resemblance of "Snapper" Carr to any comic book incarnation. Did they just like the name? Former photographer Jimmy Olsen now running a media empire like Catco? C'mon, man that's a bit of a stretch…

So, National City now boasts 2 Martians, a Daxamite and a Kryptonian PLUS an occasional visiting Kryptonian who just happens to be, um, SUPERMAN, amongst it's heroic residents? Why do super-villains even bother with this city? Oh, and don't forget, Jimmy Olsen is supposed to become Guardian eventually too…

I really liked this show but after watching last night I felt the producers are really front-loading this thing. It's TOO much...
                          Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                            Eloquent Member
                            • Jan 19, 2008

Really hating the new season. I wanted to like it, but the "Alien hang-out bar" is the most stupid thing they put on the show. Aliens can find out the password how? An underground alien club, and the DOD can walk in and attack who they want and nobody even bats an eyelash. How utterly stupid! Oh, the only other living Martian in the universe lives in the same Earth city as the Martian Manhunter? These writers suck. I hoped the move would have improved the show, but I was wrong.

Comment

• phil
                              Persistent Member
                              • May 11, 2007

I agree fully with the previous two comments. After last night's episode I think I'm done with the show.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                                Eloquent Member
                                • Jan 19, 2008

This season is very hard to watch.
                                Last edited by LonnieFisher; Oct 31, '16, 10:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎