Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hector
    el Hombre de Acero
    • May 19, 2003

Sorry, you are not going to convince me with a skinny Supes, lol.

Henry Cavil is muscular, but he's not a huge muscular bodybuilder like Lou Ferrigno.

Cavill does not look huge as Clark Kent...he wears the suit like a normal in-shape guy...

That actor is ripped, but again, not massively...his body is a product of lower weights high reps...not like bodybuilder's weightlifting routine, higher weights low reps.

This is a competitive bodybuilder in a suit, nothing like Cavill...

sigpic

Comment

• Hector
      el Hombre de Acero
      • May 19, 2003

More bodybuilders in suits....

Henry Cavill is practically Pee Wee Herman next to them...

sigpic

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
        Muddling through
        • Oct 4, 2008

my damn DVR did not make the switch with the channel so waiting for the Friday night replay

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

^Ooh man. I noticed mine wasn't going to record it either, and had to set up a new time. I found that kind of odd.

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• phil
            Persistent Member
            • May 11, 2007

Is the CW going to repeat Supergirl later in the week with each episode?

Comment

• johnnystorm
              Hot Child in the City
              • Jul 3, 2008

Jimmy's Guardian outfit. Wrong colors, looks more like the Atomic Knight.

Guardian.jpg

Comment

• knight errant00
                8 Inch Action Figure
                • Nov 15, 2005

Originally posted by johnnystorm
                If they really want to impress me, they need to go all Silver Age Jimmy Olsen with him and have him mutate a couple times this season.

Then again, they blew it not having Kara find Krypto in the crashed space pod.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                  Hi Ernie!!!
                  • Feb 15, 2004

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19590[/ATTACH]
                  This should have been Diggle's new id on Arrow. Jimmy should be Turtle boy or Elastic Lad. Does Jimmy go to work for a rival paper and they want their own hero? This could be a spin on the Seven Soldiers version.
                  You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                    Verbose Member
                    • Mar 7, 2004

Looks like Steel with a shield. Having said that, Brooks would have made a perfect John Henry Irons!

Chris
                    sigpic

Comment

• Robert_Anthony
                      Museum Patron
                      • Sep 5, 2015

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                      A smiling, happy-to-help Superman. Where have you been, man?

Great episode. Some great nods to the Reeve movies, some nice character bits, and just a great start for Season 2.

Chris
                      Ditto.

Comment

• WannabeMego
                        Made in the USA
                        • May 2, 2003

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19590[/ATTACH]
                        Oh...Dear God No!!!

Can't we just leave the dynamic the way it is right now?!
                        Everyone is Entitled to MY Opinion...Your's, not so much!

Comment

• cjefferys
                          Duke of Gloat
                          • Apr 23, 2006

Originally posted by phil
                          Is the CW going to repeat Supergirl later in the week with each episode?
                          Not sure, but there is now a CW app that lets you stream previously aired episodes for free (seems to be available for every platform and device except Playstation for some weird reason).

Comment

• cjefferys
                            Duke of Gloat
                            • Apr 23, 2006

The season premiere was really fun, and Supes was great IMO.

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                              Talkative Member
                              • Jun 20, 2011

Finished watching the season opener about an hour ago and I gotta say I think that the CW is likely so far my favorite take on The Man of Steel since Christopher Reeve last wore the outfit. It was great to see a Superman who was looked up to and respected by the public and even those in positions of "authority" rather than feared and treated as a pariah. It was also good to see Superman smiling and bright and friendly again, traits that have long been missing from ANY screen treatment of ol' Big Blue. Hoechlin's take on both Supes and CK seemed to strike a really good balance between Reeves' interpretation and Dean Cain's interpretation, both of which presented Superman as a hero that fought for truth, justice and, yes, the American way. The rather odd way the cape attaches is distracting at first, but by the time the episode was over, I didn't even give it a second thought. The only way they could have made this take on Supes any better would've been to have had him show up with his underwear still on the outside of his uniform.

Oh, and Melissa Benoist did a nice job of portraying Supergirl (as she did over on CBS). I know there are certain members (who shall remain nameless) of the boards who were glad to see the demise of the Kara/James relationship and, while it always just sort of played as background noise for me, it does seem odd that Kara's feelings for James Olsen would just sort of suddenly change. Or it might just be the fact that she's a female and men never REALLY know how female thinking works, do we gents?
                              sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                                Verbose Member
                                • Mar 7, 2004

Some good bits last night, but not as "gosh wow!" as last time. Tyler continues to impress as Superman, mostly because they allow him to act...happy in his work. I don't mean to keep pounding on this, but brooding and Superman just don't mix. Imagine if they let Cavill crack a smile now and then. It would be electrifying on the screen. Hopefully WB will see this show and wise up.

Chris
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎