• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • samurainoir
    Eloquent Member
    • Dec 26, 2006

Supergirl Season 2

My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!
  • Operation:Mego
    I'm the Star Spangled Man
    • May 21, 2011

sigpic
    The event where the fans are separated from the true fans.

Comment

• Mego Milk
      Custom Mego Maker
      • Jun 3, 2007

My gosh!

Comment

• Operation:Mego
        I'm the Star Spangled Man
        • May 21, 2011

That was so much better than any season 1 episode. The character interaction was great, there was plenty of humor and dramatic action, and the special effects were greatly improved. I look forward to where the season goes from here. And judging from next weeks' episode, the strong quality will continue.
        sigpic
        The event where the fans are separated from the true fans.

Comment

• johnnystorm
          Hot Child in the City
          • Jul 3, 2008

Enjoyed the opener very much. Superman was great, very appealing and fun. Just the right amount of seriousness. Nice to see them embracing Martian Manhunter too.
          Supergirl herself is really well played. Melissa Benoist is great. Glad to see the Jimmy romance is over, that was a poor decision.
          How can TV DC get so much right and the movies so wrong? This Superman is what I expect, not the dark version. Looking forward to this season!

Comment

• Hector
            el Hombre de Acero
            • May 19, 2003

I liked Superman's demeanor...the righteous affable good guy who commands admiration and respect. Love his personality. But I will have to get used to him physically...while handsome...both his face and body are off. His eyes are just a tad uneven, his teeth are a bit crooked...and he's slight of built, too skinny for Superman. Olsen looks more imposing than him. I also wished they get rid of that awful shoulder cape straps, so weird. He would definitely not have worked as a silver screen Superman, but for TV, he will do fine.

Wished Hank/Manhunter give up that moody scolding attitude of his once and for all...it got tiresome last season, and that has not changed.

Cat Grant has been softened up a bit...she''s becoming less of a caricature, that's nothing but good news to me.

No more Kara/Olsen love storylines...THANK GOD!

I don't know what to feel about the Lex Luthor sister angle...don't think she's really a benevolent person, I think she's playing both Supergirl and Superman...we shall see.

Anyway, nice to see Supes on TV again...I think he should get his own show. But I think the head honchos want him in small doses...as their bread and butter is Henry Cavill's Superman.

So I'm back to my Monday viewing, Supergirl, Gotham, and Fast N Loud...

Last edited by Hector; Oct 11, '16, 1:29 PM.
            sigpic

Comment

• johnnystorm
              Hot Child in the City
              • Jul 3, 2008

Bleeding Cool is reporting that Jimmy Olsen will be suiting up as the Guardian later this season.

Comment

• phil
                Persistent Member
                • May 11, 2007

Originally posted by johnnystorm
                Bleeding Cool is reporting that Jimmy Olsen will be suiting up as the Guardian later this season.
                No thank you. I hope that's not true. The show doesn't need more superheroes in the cast.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                  Verbose Member
                  • Mar 7, 2004

A smiling, happy-to-help Superman. Where have you been, man?

Great episode. Some great nods to the Reeve movies, some nice character bits, and just a great start for Season 2.

Chris
                  sigpic

Comment

• MIB41
                    Eloquent Member
                    • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris

Great episode. Some great nods to the Reeve movies, some nice character bits, and just a great start for Season 2.

Chris
                    My thoughts exactly Chris! That's the Superman I know and love.

Comment

• kingdom warrior
                      OH JES!!
                      • Jul 21, 2005

Originally posted by Hector
                      I liked Superman's demeanor...the righteous affable good guy who commands admiration and respect. Love his personality. But I will have to get used to him physically...while handsome...both his face and body are off. His eyes are just a tad uneven, his teeth are a bit crooked...and he's slight of built, too skinny for Superman. Olsen looks more imposing than him. I also wished they get rid of that awful shoulder cape straps, so weird. He would definitely not have worked as a silver screen Superman, but for TV, he will do fine.
                      I personally like that he's not perfect, and Honestly never really liked a bulked up looking Superman. Seriously how can he be mild mannered Clark Kent when he looks like a bodybuilder. The Fleisher Superman IMO is the true way Superman should look...It's not the size of the man; it's what he's capable of doing. Plus he's there for eye candy for women my daughter loved him.....lol
                      Costume doesn't bother me it's in the ballpark....hope we get an action figure of him.....lol

Comment

• kingdom warrior
                        OH JES!!
                        • Jul 21, 2005

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris

Chris
                        Chris I lost it when Grant yelled out her new assistant's name.....lol I'm such a geek brought a tear to my eye....lol

Steve.

Comment

• palitoy
                          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                          • Jun 16, 2001

Haven't seen the latest episode but both my wife and daughter have been nervous that the addition of Superman would be detrimental to a show they really like. They ended up loving the new direction.
                          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• johnnystorm
                            Hot Child in the City
                            • Jul 3, 2008

Always thought the giant muscled bodybuilder version of Superman was wrong. He has powers because he's from Krypton. His body type is a reasonably athletic human, as is Supergirl's, both based on Kryptonian genetics.
                            And how would he work out anyway? Bench press planetoids? Make a special trip to Kandor's Planet Fitness? And if he did so, would this actually make him more powerful?

Comment

• knight errant00
                              8 Inch Action Figure
                              • Nov 15, 2005

Originally posted by johnnystorm
                              Always thought the giant muscled bodybuilder version of Superman was wrong. He has powers because he's from Krypton. His body type is a reasonably athletic human, as is Supergirl's, both based on Kryptonian genetics.
                              And how would he work out anyway? Bench press planetoids? Make a special trip to Kandor's Planet Fitness? And if he did so, would this actually make him more powerful?
                              That was one thing I always liked from Lois & Clark -- they established the idea that Kryptonians just have perfect physiques because they do (evolution or something) . . . which allowed for the great ongoing gag that they eat all the sweet stuff that's bad for us but doesn't make the unhealthy or gain weight.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎