X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Brown Bear
    Still Old School
    • Feb 14, 2008

What Are Your Mego Acronym?

If you're like me, you've collected mego a good chunk of your life, if not since you were little. My brothers and I have our own language with certain mego items that we use outside of the norm. I'm curious if anyone else has these. Here are mine.

Type 1 Body - we call it an AJ Body, Type 2 is called a Superman body, Hulk body and Penguin body - you get the idea.

8 inch were called Little Men and 12 inch were Big Men. We still refer to this constantly. IN fact I call these little men far more than I call them mego's.

Anyone else have their own funny lingo?
    Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home
  • LonnieFisher
    Eloquent Member
    • Jan 19, 2008

I call them dollies.

Comment

• tllgn
      Persistent Member
      • Feb 6, 2010

for me ,me my brothers & sisters simply called them our "Mego men" as for other figures we had at the time we use to what we called Graduate them
      over to Mego bodies ,these included at the time Action apes,Swat,rookies,emergency,Ahi Monsters,lincoln monsters ,Mr rock and big bad john ,Any "8' figures
      that were there at the time ,that we could change over .
      As for bodies -We started to get megos when the type one bodies were dominate ,so when the type two came out ,we simply called them new way/old way.and another fun thing we did ,was to remove the heads to use them as checkers ,my guys vs their guys ,and then when done,simply put them back on ,we also
      gave them different names ,since we had many copies at the time for example ,the first cornelius was called cornelius ,2 was Jimmy chimp,3.milo,4 ceaser ,for zira it was 1.zira .2.lisa.3 vicky,4.wanda ,for zaius it was 1 zauis,2.fat orang .3 zauis brother,4 dr maximus gorillas ,some names were Aldo,Ben,julius>brutus,soloman, we had a lot of mego men,some superheros,star trek ,oz,waltons etc would also have different names for copies,we had a thor thatgot his nose cut off,someone put him on a fat body and dressed it in a wizard costume and gave it a fonzie jacket and called it fish-thor ,-we were odd kids.

Comment

• Brown Bear
        Still Old School
        • Feb 14, 2008

Originally posted by tllgn
        for me ,me my brothers & sisters simply called them our "Mego men" as for other figures we had at the time we use to what we called Graduate them
        over to Mego bodies ,these included at the time Action apes,Swat,rookies,emergency,Ahi Monsters,lincoln monsters ,Mr rock and big bad john ,Any "8' figures
        that were there at the time ,that we could change over .
        As for bodies -We started to get megos when the type one bodies were dominate ,so when the type two came out ,we simply called them new way/old way.and another fun thing we did ,was to remove the heads to use them as checkers ,my guys vs their guys ,and then when done,simply put them back on ,we also
        gave them different names ,since we had many copies at the time for example ,the first cornelius was called cornelius ,2 was Jimmy chimp,3.milo,4 ceaser ,for zira it was 1.zira .2.lisa.3 vicky,4.wanda ,for zaius it was 1 zauis,2.fat orang .3 zauis brother,4 dr maximus gorillas ,some names were Aldo,Ben,julius>brutus,soloman, we had a lot of mego men,some superheros,star trek ,oz,waltons etc would also have different names for copies,we had a thor thatgot his nose cut off,someone put him on a fat body and dressed it in a wizard costume and gave it a fonzie jacket and called it fish-thor ,-we were odd kids.
        Haha...that's awesome.
        Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎