X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lilbrosj66
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 4, 2011

What is the best glue or adhesive?

I have a 12 inch mego Wonder Woman. The version with the articulated feet. Both feet are cracked and broken but I have all the pieces and would like to try and glue them together again. What type of glue or adhesive works on this plastic? It seems to be the same plastic as the 8" female figures arms, hands and feet and as I recall "super" and "Krazy" glues don't work on that particles type of plastic. Any help would be appreciated.
  • LonnieFisher
    Eloquent Member
    • Jan 19, 2008

"Saliva is nature's glue." Quoted from Dean Venture. Not sure if it helps, but it amused me.

Comment

• Confessional
      Maker & Whatnot
      • Aug 8, 2012

I like plastic model fusers (liquid with application brush) for polystyrene, and Welder and E6000 for assorted (vintage & contemporary) plastics and PVC/Vinyl-based plastics. Gotta test first as results are inconsistent, and really give them time to fully set before stressing them. And if all else fails, there's always the incredible bond of PC-7!

Oh and there's this, which provides some interesting considerations/comments: http://www.thistothat.com/

Comment

• lilbrosj66
        Persistent Member
        • Jul 4, 2011

Originally posted by Confessional
        I like plastic model fusers (liquid with application brush) for polystyrene, and Welder and E6000 for assorted (vintage & contemporary) plastics and PVC/Vinyl-based plastics. Gotta test first as results are inconsistent, and really give them time to fully set before stressing them. And if all else fails, there's always the incredible bond of PC-7!

Oh and there's this, which provides some interesting considerations/comments: http://www.thistothat.com/
        Thanks! Do you, or does anyone here, know what kind of plastic is used for 12" WW hands and feet? I'm thinking it's the same plastic as the 8" Mego female arms, hands and feet.

Comment

• comicmike
          Persistent Member
          • Sep 22, 2009

Agreed^^. I've had great results with hobby shop glue cyanoacrylate, like "Maxi-Cure" in 'extra thick' for easier control. If I can get some thin sandpaper in that crack first,then I pop the piece in a bag&dip it in hot boiling water(to soften it); then pre-plan taking it out with glue poised separately on a toothpick. I seal up my piece with tape (softening the plastic first can make it more pliable; give the crack a better seal). If i can keep a small clamp on the cracked pary, it helps. I remove tape after glue dries. *Please* be careful with the glue fumes: Especially near your eyes & nose. Practicing in advance with other pieces has served me well.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎