Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is smarter - Batman or Mr Fantastic ?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mikey
    Verbose Member
    • Aug 9, 2001

Who is smarter - Batman or Mr Fantastic ?

Was just wondering.
  • CrimsonGhost
    Often invisible
    • Jul 18, 2002

Mr Fantastic when it comes to theoretical science. Batman when it comes to war tactics.

But if there has to be a winner, I think Reed would score higher on an IQ test.
    Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• Hector
      el Hombre de Acero
      • May 19, 2003

Agreed ^^^^

Bruce Wayne is not a scientist...just street smart...
      sigpic

Comment

• Marvelmania
        A Ray of Sunshine
        • Jun 17, 2001

Yep agree too with the above post

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

No question IMO--Reed. To me, Reed ranks easily above Stark, too.

I think there are a number of people in the DCU--certainly Ray Palmer, possibly Barry Allen & Princess Diana--who are smarter than Bruce. But Bruce is more clever, vey adept at synthesizing varied information.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• huedell
            Museum Ball Eater
            • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by PNGwynne
            But Bruce is more clever, very adept at synthesizing varied information.
            I dunno what the exact definition of "smart" is---- and if it's malleable in this case....

....but (as Homer Simpson once pointed out) Batman IS a scientist.... PLUS he knows a thing or two about sociology/psychology, while, conversely, an integral part of Reed's character is that he's a social misfit....

...so, with that in mind, I'll go with Batman being the smarter of the two.

That said: Of COURSE Reed is the more intelligent of the two... but no one cares about THAT unless the world is blowing up , or something.
            Last edited by huedell; Sep 27, '16, 3:18 PM. Reason: To include the "intelligence" factor.
            "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• LonnieFisher
              Eloquent Member
              • Jan 19, 2008

Reed Richards is way smarter than Bruce Wayne.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                Eloquent Member
                • Jan 19, 2008

Here's a three year old thread from somewhere with the same question.

Comment

• huedell
                  Museum Ball Eater
                  • Dec 31, 2003

Depends on how much you value street smarts.... it's not hard to propose that a comicbook nerd populated board like this one is going to biased towards valuing book smarts intelligence over the smarts to maneuver through day to day life like a high-end mega-pimp ninja.
                  "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• enyawd72
                    Maker of Monsters!
                    • Oct 1, 2009

^It's not like Reed Richards is some kind of idiot savant shut-in.

He's seen plenty of combat over the years and has always been the FF's lead strategist.
                    Add to that the fact he could probably disassemble Batman's atoms using an old toaster and some duct tape, and Reed wins hands down.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                      Master of Fowl Play
                      • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by huedell
                      Depends on how much you value street smarts.... it's not hard to propose that a comicbook nerd populated board like this one is going to biased towards valuing book smarts intelligence over the smarts to maneuver through day to day life like a high-end mega-pimp ninja.
                      Charming as ever.
                      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                        Muddling through
                        • Oct 4, 2008

i would go with Reed on science, but Batman on overall smarts. the guy is just a genius, in most everything and what he does not know has computers at his disposal. Reed is a scientific genius and inventor but that is pretty much his character

Comment

• PNGwynne
                          Master of Fowl Play
                          • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
                          Here's a three year old thread from somewhere with the same question.

http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/ba...ter.453520719/
                          Wherein the consensus is: Reed.

Comment

• Brazoo
                            Permanent Member
                            • Feb 14, 2009

Smarts are overrated. The more important question is which is better looking?

Comment

• Hector
                              el Hombre de Acero
                              • May 19, 2003

Reed might not be better looking than Bruce...but I bet he's way better with the ladies, if you know what I mean...

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎