Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To open, or not to open MOC...that is the question!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SKotK
    Career Member
    • Mar 11, 2014

Originally posted by enyawd72
    You know what I think...MOC value? What's that?

A few weeks ago I opened and assembled a brand new $600 Castle Grayskull.

It. Was. Amazing.

Pretty much the only thing that could top it is Emily Blunt showing up naked at my doorstep. LOL
    Yep...I was pretty sure I knew where you would stand on this!

Well, for now Talos has gone up on the wall with the rest of the Trek figures. The bottom of the bubble is damaged enough that I can stick my finger in there and move him around...so really, I'm about as close to having him out of the package as I can get without actually having him out. Whether or not I just take him out later remains to be seen.

Sad and tragic, though: when I was putting all my other Trek figures back in their respective card bubbles, Spock's foil insignia fell off. All of my insignias were perfectly intact until that happened. Even worse, in my attempts to re-sticky the foil piece using my sticker maker, it got rolled up in the machinery and is now permanently stuck to a sheet of sticky tape. I was tearing my hair out trying to rescue it, before giving up in despair and having to sleep on it. I'm afraid I've ruined Spock's insignia now.

--SKot
    Look what happens when you aren't allowed to play with "dolls"...

WANTED: partly-unsealed or bubble-damaged carded Romulan + unbroken plant trap from Mission to Gamma VI

Comment

• TrekStar
      Trek or Treat
      • Jan 20, 2011

I personally would just leave it be, if the turned head bothers you than you can fix it if the package is open
      then you can heat seal it back up or use tiny dabs of superglue to seal it or even just double sided rolled up
      scotch tape.

Comment

• SKotK
        Career Member
        • Mar 11, 2014

Originally posted by tjacwave50
        I personally would just leave it be, if the turned head bothers you than you can fix it if the package is open
        then you can heat seal it back up or use tiny dabs of superglue to seal it or even just double sided rolled up
        scotch tape.
        Eh, I'm not bothered by the turned head...but I did straighten his legs out a little bit. So now that I've touched him, he's not "sealed mint" anymore, is he?

--SKot
        Look what happens when you aren't allowed to play with "dolls"...

WANTED: partly-unsealed or bubble-damaged carded Romulan + unbroken plant trap from Mission to Gamma VI

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎