X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LonnieFisher
    Eloquent Member
    • Jan 19, 2008

Marvel Monster sets

How cool would it be to get some Marvel monster sets from Diamond Select? I think it would be awesome! What do you think?
  • ovenmitt
    Persistent Member
    • May 26, 2009

Werewolf by Night, Tomb of Dracula, and Frankenstein 3-pack!

Toy Biz did these in a Marvel Legends 4-pack like 10 years ago. Who was 4th Monster?

And Marvel's Monsters Unleashed comic book event is upcoming!

Comment

• enyawd72
      Maker of Monsters!
      • Oct 1, 2009

That would be awesome, but since we have to have THREE versions of Dracula, THREE versions of Frankenstein, etc. it'll never happen.

That licensing restriction was the worst thing to ever happen to ReMegos. It really hinders what they can do.
      I expect the line will sputter and die next year. Meanwhile FTC will be on their 8th wave of Super Friends and laughing all the way to the bank.

I'd love to know the sales numbers of FTC's DC figures versus EMCE's Marvel figures. I bet it's 20 to 1.

Comment

• silentj76
        • Aug 25, 2009

I remember seeing that 4-pack art my local Walmart years ago. I'm thinking the 4th figure was man-thing or ghost rider maybe? Not sure, but I remember seeing it on an endcap in the toy department.

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

Kind of doubt Diamond would revisit Mego style monsters.
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• silentj76
            • Aug 25, 2009

The fourth figure in the set was the zombie figure, just did a search. Hope that helps ovenmitt.

Comment

• Type3Toys
              Home Of The Type3 Body
              • Jan 18, 2005

That I would love to see!
              LOOK
              Action Figure Design & Prototypes
              For Samples See Home -Type 3 Body & Spiderman
              To Contact: type3toys@comcast.net

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

I've always liked Marvel's take on the "classic" monsters; I'd love to see figures of them. But, considering that Emce didn't continue the Universal line, I don't think it's likely.
                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• MRP
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jul 19, 2016

This is that Marvel Legends set-

the Zombie figure is Simon Garth from Tales of the Zombie...

The figure set came out in 2006, right around the time Marvel was launching a Marvel Max series featuring Simon Garth...

so it makes marketing sense for them to include him I guess.

-M
                  "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• MIB41
                    Eloquent Member
                    • Sep 25, 2005

I've always thought a Werewolf by Night with Jack Russell and Moon Knight would be a sure fire hit. After all that's how Moon Knight was introduced. What a natural inclusion to place him in a Werewolf by Night collection.

Comment

• Chris
                      Persistent Member
                      • Dec 23, 2009

Originally posted by MIB41
                      I've always thought a Werewolf by Night with Jack Russell and Moon Knight would be a sure fire hit. After all that's how Moon Knight was introduced. What a natural inclusion to place him in a Werewolf by Night collection.
                      You are not alone. I've been waiting for a "Werewolf by Night" for years...not that you asked but now you know.
                      If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

• dr_cyclops
                        One eyed, wonder
                        • Dec 17, 2009

While I'm not sure if the current license would allow, these 4 would totally rule in ReMego!

Comment

• MysteryWho
                          Persistent Member
                          • Dec 16, 2008

Actually, I thought the Emce Universal Wolfman resembled Werewolf by Night somewhat.
                          The Monsters would be great, but maybe as one set, with one in a vintage style.
                          I was thinking this might work for other themes, for instance an Avengers set, with more
                          than one character in the mix. Just a thought.

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎