Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Thread: Need Favor: need colors for Big Jim box

Need Favor: need colors for Big Jim box

I'm recreating a basic Big Jim figure box like the one below using Photoshop and I'm basically done, I just need to know what color blue and red is used on the boxes. I have a scan of an old box but the color varies pretty badly on the scan, so getting an accurate basic color is impossible. All the clear photos I can find online seem to show a slightly orangey red, but again, even these images seem to vary a bit.

I'm wondering does anyone have a box they can maybe scan (in Photoshop) and then tell me the numbers of the colors? I can walk you through that if you don't know how. OR- can you tell me if the colors of the "Big Jim" logo on the Sports Camper box are the same color red and blue used on the figure boxes (the camper is the only box I own).

I know it's a long shot but any help appreciated. Thanks!

Sean

This is just a guess, but do you think the Red in the MATTEL logo could be used as a baseline for the Red throughout the rest of the design? If you can establish that as a baseline, you can do some measuring across various images and adjust for the Blue from there (I would think) and get pretty damn (as far as eyeballs go) close.

That's what I was hoping for at first, but the Mattel logo could have been altered to whatever shade "red" they wanted for the figure box (the Mattel logo does seems to match the other "red" color used on the box in the photo above - but also note how close that "red" box color is to his orangey shorts. So that wouldn't be a match for the red you typically think of in the Matter star logo).

Sean

Yeah, I see the predicament: Did the shorts fade or did the box fade...or at what rate did either fade...if at all?

Yeah, it's a bit of a conundrum. I suppose I will have to just guesstimate if no one with a figure box and camper box can help.

Sean

Hi...I cut a piece of a Dr.Steel box front scan in a .PSD file for to help you. The colors are the same.
    Here the link for to download it: https://we.tl/JxFYkEEUFl