Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are your top 10 most wanted Blu-rays?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hedji
    Citizen of Gotham
    • Nov 17, 2012

I am planning on getting an All Region Blu Ray player soon. It opens up the door to getting foreign (sometimes better) releases of titles that are out of print in the U.S. and Region A. The Poe/Corman movies for example, sold out in the expensive Shout Factory box set, but can still be had for cheap if you buy the region B disc from Arrow UK.

Here's the Region B Enemy Mine. Likely cheaper than hunting down a Twilight Time version on eBay. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Enemy-Mine-...rds=enemy+mine

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

I would love to see Disney put out Dr.Syn Alias The Scarecrow/Scarecrow of Romeny Marsh on Blu-Ray or DVD again. They had a DVD set out for like 2 seconds, and then it went out of print. Prices are insane on ebay.

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• Hedji
        Citizen of Gotham
        • Nov 17, 2012

Yeah, that's a good one. Disney ignores a lot of back catalog stuff that made it to DVD. I'm sure they've got it all figured out that it wouldn't amount to much revenue. But still, you like to think they are mindful of preservation of their own stuff.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

^Disney doesn't need to release things like that, unlike other IP owners who would kill to own something they could exploit. I wish they would farm that stuff out to Shout Factory or something.

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• emeraldknight47
            Talkative Member
            • Jun 20, 2011

My short list of Blurays I wish they would issue or I wish I could actually find....

War of the Worlds (the original version)
            The Monolith Monsters
            Cat People (both the original and the remake from '82)
            All That Jazz (Roy Scheider in Bob Fosse's quasi-autobiographical film)
            sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• SKotK
              Career Member
              • Mar 11, 2014

Originally posted by Hedji
              I am planning on getting an All Region Blu Ray player soon. It opens up the door to getting foreign (sometimes better) releases of titles that are out of print in the U.S. and Region A. The Poe/Corman movies for example, sold out in the expensive Shout Factory box set, but can still be had for cheap if you buy the region B disc from Arrow UK.
              Yeah, I have a feeling I'm creeping closer and closer to that day when I have to buy an All-Region player. I get around that with DVD by region-hacking my laptop's player and running any non-Region 1 discs to my TV through that, or by ripping the DVDs to my hard drive and removing the region protection (even better!). But Blu-ray is a lot more complicated, and there still isn't a decent software Blu-ray player out there.

Here's the Region B Enemy Mine. Likely cheaper than hunting down a Twilight Time version on eBay. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Enemy-Mine-...rds=enemy+mine
              Thanks for that! If I can't hunt the Twilight Time release down for a reasonable price, I may have to consider that possibility.

--SKot
              Look what happens when you aren't allowed to play with "dolls"...

WANTED: partly-unsealed or bubble-damaged carded Romulan + unbroken plant trap from Mission to Gamma VI

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

Tell me about it. I finally nabbed a set, but "whew!" Zorro's even worse.

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                I would love to see Disney put out Dr.Syn Alias The Scarecrow/Scarecrow of Romeny Marsh on Blu-Ray or DVD again. They had a DVD set out for like 2 seconds, and then it went out of print. Prices are insane on ebay.

Chris
                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                  Verbose Member
                  • Mar 7, 2004

^I have the colorized Zorro sets, bought very shortly before the black and white sets came out. I gave those to my dad for Christmas.

Chris
                  sigpic

Comment

• Boy_Wonder_1978
                    Career Member
                    • Apr 30, 2015

Best thing I ever did was get a multi-region blu ray player. Some great titles available in the US that are not available over here, but are region locked.
                    Arrow are a great company and a lot of love goes into their releases. Can be bloody pricey at times though.

Comment

• Hedji
                      Citizen of Gotham
                      • Nov 17, 2012

Yes, a Multi-Region player will open up a door to imports that you never knew you absolutely need to spend money on.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                        Muddling through
                        • Oct 4, 2008

The Beatles Let it Be.....looonnggg overdue

Comment

• mego73
                          Printed paperboard Tiger
                          • Aug 1, 2003

Originally posted by Werewolf
                          Dracula (1979) in its original theatrical color. It's my favorite Dracula movie of all time and it has had abysmal home video releases from dvd to the 2014 blu-ray where color has been nearly all striped away making the movie look pale and washed out.
                          Contact dvdventures@aol.com They have a color enhanced blu ray of Dracula 1979 (where he did his best to restore the original color).This guy does rare and hard to find versions not available commercially. I got something from him and liked it (not Dracula)

mego73@hotmail.com

Comment

• VintageJoe70
                            Veteran Member
                            • Oct 12, 2016

the last 2 seasons of "Chips"...either dvd or blu-ray....dont know why they stopped it at season 4...
                            https://www.flickr.com/photos/148083...57673799016342

Comment

• VintageJoe70
                              Veteran Member
                              • Oct 12, 2016

Also, maybe that old movie "The Last Dinosaur"
                              https://www.flickr.com/photos/148083...57673799016342

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎