X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Giant Jawa Sale

Insert random "Time Machine Wish" comment here, followed by "Wankenoba' joke.For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • Mikey
    Verbose Member
    • Aug 9, 2001

I always thought it was weird all the 12" Star Wars figures cost the same.

You would think Chewbacca, Vader, C3PO and Jawa (and maybe Boba) would be cheaper than the TRUE action figures

Comment

• jwyblejr
      galactic yo-yo
      • Apr 6, 2006

Weird how there's no limit to how many of the smaller figures you could buy.

Comment

• Werewolf
        Inhuman
        • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Mikey
        I always thought it was weird all the 12" Star Wars figures cost the same.

You would think Chewbacca, Vader, C3PO and Jawa (and maybe Boba) would be cheaper than the TRUE action figures
        Han, Luke and Obi Wan used the same stock fashion doll bodies Kenner used for the Hardy boys and I'm pretty sure Leia used a slightly modified Dusty body. They probably would have been cheaper to make than the figures like Chewie, Vader, C3PO, R2, etc. because they required all new sculpts and tooling. Boba Fett had to have been the most expensive to produce because of all of pieces that make the body of the figure and the high level of articulation it had. Boba had Six Million Dollar Man level of articulation as well as his Bionic eye gimmick.
        You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• cjefferys
          Duke of Gloat
          • Apr 23, 2006

Originally posted by Werewolf
          Boba Fett had to have been the most expensive to produce because of all of pieces that make the body of the figure and the high level of articulation it had. Boba had Six Million Dollar Man level of articulation as well as his Bionic eye gimmick.
          From what I recall, Boba Fett retailed for more than the other large size figures, at least in Canada. And rightly so, as you say, the articulation and accessories would have definitely made him more expensive to manufacture. For 1979 he would have been an elaborate figure to make compared to the human figures with stock fashion doll bodies and the other figures on injection molded bodies with minimal articulation.

Comment

• Actorman
            Museum Super Collector
            • Oct 4, 2010

Originally posted by cjefferys
            From what I recall, Boba Fett retailed for more than the other large size figures
            This is my recollection as well. He also came with a lot more accessories, details and articulation than the rest of the line. In additional to his "bionic eye," he had a removable backpack with a grappling hook "flying" mechanism, a gun, "wookie scalps," a cape, a belt and a targeting doo-hickey on the side of his helmet. He also had a pretty intricate paint job, multiple colors of plastic and some decals on his chest as well as fully jointed elbows and knees.

Comment

• jwyblejr
              galactic yo-yo
              • Apr 6, 2006

Kinda strange how the oil prices of the 70s didn't seem to bother Kenner's 12" Star Wars stuff. Same with Barbie.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎