X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Brown Bear
    Still Old School
    • Feb 14, 2008

Loose VS Carded Debate

I'd be all over this if free shipping offers extended to us Canadians.
    Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home
  • darkbros
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 3, 2012

Sorry, only cherry picking through these and waiting until they hit Loose Bagged.
    You guys should try to work a deal with FTC to get a cut of the loose bagged figures, maybe a buy two and the museum gets a small cut?
    With the QC issues of late, more and more are going this route, of buying either the loose bagged or head/outfit combos.

For me Flash Batman and Toyman ( even with baggy suits) are still must buys....
    Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
    https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

• warlock664
      Persistent Member
      • Feb 15, 2009

I want to see evidence that "more and more" people are buying bagged loose figures ...

If only Entertainment Earth accepted PayPal payment; I'd gladly pre-order more through them.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
        Often invisible
        • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by warlock664
        I want to see evidence that "more and more" people are buying bagged loose figures ...

If only Entertainment Earth accepted PayPal payment; I'd gladly pre-order more through them.
        Speaking for myself, I've bought because they offered them bagged and loose where I had no intention of buying otherwise. Turns out Evel Knevel is a pretty nice figure for $19.99.

I like the looks of that Riddler tho...
        Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• TRDouble
          Permanent Member
          • Jul 10, 2012

I would prefer buying them loose and bagged and putting the savings toward carrying cases, but once I add in the shipping costs, it's better for me to be patient, order from BBTS and let them sit in my Pile of Loot until I am ready to ship. It's great for sets, but sometimes BBTS only sells sets and that's a problem when I only want part of a wave, like the Superboy.

EE is slow, but I have been happy with the final results and free shipping cannot be beat. But I order enough from BBTS that the Pile of Loot is the next best thing for me. If they do pre-orders for these, I will probably order them. And hope fir the best.

Comment

• Starroid Raiders Dagon
            Persistent Member
            • Apr 28, 2013

Originally posted by Brown Bear
            I'd be all over this if free shipping offers extended to us Canadians.
            This, this and this...Even tried the free shipping code they gave me two orders ago but no such luck (only for the U.S.). Shipping is so high now and exchange rate stinks so it is too painful to bite the bullet. They should provide the option to ship the figures straight from China from via AliExpress. I could wait the 60 plus days from China if I wasnt eating a painful shipping cost.

Comment

• thunderbolt
              Hi Ernie!!!
              • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by darkbros
              Sorry, only cherry picking through these and waiting until they hit Loose Bagged.
              You guys should try to work a deal with FTC to get a cut of the loose bagged figures, maybe a buy two and the museum gets a small cut?
              With the QC issues of late, more and more are going this route, of buying either the loose bagged or head/outfit combos.

For me Flash Batman and Toyman ( even with baggy suits) are still must buys....
              Sorry, but the bagged loose figure is no deal at FTC. To buy SF Superman from them with shipping and tax is 30 bucks. EE with free shipping is actually cheaper than buying them loose.
              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• darkbros
                Persistent Member
                • Jul 3, 2012

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                Sorry, but the bagged loose figure is no deal at FTC. To buy SF Superman from them with shipping and tax is 30 bucks. EE with free shipping is actually cheaper than buying them loose.
                umm, I think your math is a bit off....

priceshop.jpg

Seems EE doesn't do free shipping on single figs, unless it is on sale. Off sale, which is like 98% of the rest of the time, FTC beats them hands down.
                Last edited by darkbros; Sep 21, '16, 7:48 PM. Reason: clarified shipping costs only when items are on sale

Comment

• darkbros
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jul 3, 2012

of course Amazon has everyone beat all day....
                  Screen Shot 2016-09-21 at 8.11.02 PM.jpg

Comment

• thunderbolt
                    Hi Ernie!!!
                    • Feb 15, 2004

Meh, whatever, bagged loose at FTC is no deal. Its over retail with shipping and tax. If I buy individual figures I go thru ebay and Toycade. Free shipping all the time. I got O'Hara from them for under 20.

umm, I think your math is a bit off....

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19476[/ATTACH]

Seems EE doesn't do free shipping on single figs, unless it is on sale. Off sale, which is like 98% of the rest of the time, FTC beats them hands down.
                    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• darkbros
                      Persistent Member
                      • Jul 3, 2012

Meh, whatever, bagged loose at FTC is no deal. Its over retail with shipping and tax.
                      Again, I don't see how when retail on Carded figures is MSRP of $29 (set by FTC) and retail of Loose figures is MSRP $19.99 (again set by FTC)...?
                      both BBTS and EE charge the MSRP on figures, while FTC offers collectors a choice. Perhaps you don't like giving money directly to FTC
                      (and that is your choice, although indirectly they still got paid by BBTS and EE for the figures they bought in Quantity), but
                      the math clearly shows buying direct from FTC, if what you want is just the figure, not the clamshell or card, is the best option,
                      without a sale or discount, or buying 3 other figures you don't want or need.

If I buy individual figures I go thru ebay and Toycade. Free shipping all the time. I got O'Hara from them for under 20.
                      On this we agree, Toycade, when they are overstocked / slow moving stock / have a sale do have great prices...I got a 66' Mad Hatter
                      from them for $13 w/free shipping, and that is about the price point I LIKE to pay for figures, but I know that isn't the RETAIL or MSRP for these.

Comment

• megalomaniac001
                        Veteran Member
                        • Jul 24, 2009

I like to buy loose bagged from FTC, but only when I want custom parts too. Thanks for the tips on watching eBay and such, may be cheaper for some figures that way....

Comment

• thunderbolt
                          Hi Ernie!!!
                          • Feb 15, 2004

Again, I don't see how when retail on Carded figures is MSRP of $29 (set by FTC) and retail of Loose figures is MSRP $19.99 (again set by FTC)...?
                          both BBTS and EE charge the MSRP on figures, while FTC offers collectors a choice. Perhaps you don't like giving money directly to FTC
                          (and that is your choice, although indirectly they still got paid by BBTS and EE for the figures they bought in Quantity), but
                          the math clearly shows buying direct from FTC, if what you want is just the figure, not the clamshell or card, is the best option,
                          without a sale or discount, or buying 3 other figures you don't want or need.

On this we agree, Toycade, when they are overstocked / slow moving stock / have a sale do have great prices...I got a 66' Mad Hatter
                          from them for $13 w/free shipping, and that is about the price point I LIKE to pay for figures, but I know that isn't the RETAIL or MSRP for these.
                          Superfriends Superman:
                          Subtotal: $19.99
                          Shipping & Handling: $8.00
                          Estimated Tax: $1.96
                          Total: $29.95
                          ^^^ That's how. 3 bucks more than retail, if I want a single figure I go elsewhere and find it cheaper. sheesh. If I want a full set I go to EE or Toycade.
                          Last edited by thunderbolt; Sep 23, '16, 12:58 AM.

Comment

• darkbros
                            Persistent Member
                            • Jul 3, 2012

Superfriends Superman:
                            Subtotal: $19.99
                            Shipping & Handling: $8.00
                            Estimated Tax: $1.96
                            Total: $29.95
                            ^^^
                            aah now I see your issue, you must live in their area ( where they have an HQ) and are paying tax for living there locally?

My orders come up NO TAX, that must be why you think it isn't cheaper, and thus the discrepency in your math to mine.

So for you, living near them, then yes, this does indeed suck!!! lmao!

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎