X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jetjungle75
    Career Member
    • Jan 11, 2013

Robin Hood and his Merry Men

Just how collectable is this series of four figures. Are there any in the series, which are harder to get than others.
    What are the current going rates. Thanks in advance.
  • Marvelmania
    A Ray of Sunshine
    • Jun 17, 2001

They're very desirable for those who branch out form the WGSH line. Of course I think the repro ones hurt the line as for as value. As far as which are harder to get than others it all depends on if you're talking loose or boxed and condition same goes for value. Friar Tuck is the easier to acquire so it would be cheaper in price.

Comment

• rykerw1701
      Persistent Member
      • Aug 27, 2007

They are a nice line, but I agree, the repros really took a bite out of the value and made it harder to tell which accessories were original, particularly on line. Same thing happened with the Pirates line.

Comment

• Jetjungle75
        Career Member
        • Jan 11, 2013

Thanks guys. Any idea as to what is the hardest loose figure to find out of the four, and the going rate?

Comment

• hedrap
          Permanent Member
          • Feb 10, 2009

It comes down to parts. Will Scarlett, to me. Always seemed the hardest to complete. Robin Hood and Little John are about equal. Friar Tuck isn't worth a....

Comment

• Jetjungle75
            Career Member
            • Jan 11, 2013

Thanks Hedrap. Love the reference to Friar Tuck!

Comment

• scoth70
              Persistent Member
              • Oct 17, 2008

you some some lined up ?
              they are a great set I have all original boxed apart from repro box for robin hood ..would like to get the original box at some point if possible

Comment

• TrekStar
                Trek or Treat
                • Jan 20, 2011

Originally posted by rykerw1701
                They are a nice line, but I agree, the repros really took a bite out of the value and made it harder to tell which accessories were original, particularly on line. Same thing happened with the Pirates line.
                I think maybe you can throw in the Western Heroes line too, I believe Will Scarlet was the rarest of the merry men bunch
                I remember getting Robin Hood back then, the rest I passed on, in those lines only the western heroes sparked my interest
                never did get any Pirates or Knights.

Comment

• Marvelmania
                  A Ray of Sunshine
                  • Jun 17, 2001

The main reason Will Scarlet is a bit harder is it's not easy to find a good original bow. Same bow was used with Green Arrow.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

I think these are a beautiful set of figures. Once you see originals, the repros are no comparison--as with other CTVT efforts.

I can only echo what been said here otherwise: Scarlett is scarcest, and includes a unique sword. Tuck is most common. I love them all, very sharp figures. I'd like to know what the case assortment was on these...
                    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Marvelmania
                      A Ray of Sunshine
                      • Jun 17, 2001

Yep I love them too. they're right behind the WGSH, Monsters, Knights, Western and then these are next for me as my favorites! Repros aside don't let that persuade you from adding these to your collection! You'll really be missing out.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                        Master of Fowl Play
                        • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by scoth70
                        you some some lined up ?
                        they are a great set I have all original boxed apart from repro box for robin hood ..would like to get the original box at some point if possible
                        Darnit, I thought I had you covered, but it's extra Little John and Scarlet boxes that I have.
                        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• hedrap
                          Permanent Member
                          • Feb 10, 2009

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                          I think these are a beautiful set of figures. Once you see originals, the repros are no comparison--as with other CTVT efforts.

I can only echo what been said here otherwise: Scarlett is scarcest, and includes a unique sword. Tuck is most common. I love them all, very sharp figures. I'd like to know what the case assortment was on these...
                          Yep to all that. The sword was a PITA to find, (I never did), as is the Robin Hood quiver, intact.

Comment

• josephcardone
                            Persistent Member
                            • Jun 10, 2010

Besides Friar Tuck - finding them complete with all the original parts was a challenge for me. Those knives were a pain !! I had collected both the T1 and T2 bodies since there was a little bit of variation with the clothes.

Comment

• Bronxboykev
                              Permanent Member
                              • Mar 7, 2011

Will Scarlet is Definitely the hardest get It took me awhile but I finally got one original and complete but hes the only one I NEED a Box for, Second hardest is Robin, Friar Tuck ad Little John are the easiest to come across in my experience.

The Knights and the Robin Hood sets are some of Mego's best work IMO

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎