Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Batman '66 Villains Accessory set--Make it so!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • houseofdracula
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 11, 2011

Wouldn't it have made sense to but Barbara (wedding gown version) in the purple bag?
    The House of Dracula - Monster Model Museum.
    https://www.facebook.com/houseofdracula

Comment

• rykerw1701
      Persistent Member
      • Aug 27, 2007

Originally posted by houseofdracula
      Wouldn't it have made sense to but Barbara (wedding gown version) in the purple bag?
      i think the Barbara in wedding gown is a Toycade exclusive, and I'm pretty sure they wouldn't appreciate another one coming out so soon with just a minor change like the addition of a purple bag.

Comment

• Teemu
        Persistent Member
        • Dec 15, 2010

I doubt FTC cares if these sell or not...these are basically parts currently laying around in the warehouse cobbled together with the bright idea to make these kind of variants and then expect them to sell. I would suspect they make their own variants in house and to order, considering they sell spare parts/Clamshells and that everything is resealable.....they have all the parts laying around for an Alfred Batman and could easily and should of made that one...

Imagine if the line ends with this assortment

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by thunderbolt
          Not sure how Penguin is a Hero in Peril, tho.
          He's my hero, but that's another thread. The bagged figures are disappointing, and that's my "diplomatic" opinion.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• The Batman Professor
            Veteran Member
            • Jul 15, 2010

Originally posted by warlock664
            Yep, that's quite possibly the lamest set of variants ever.
            I just saw these - DEAR GOD.

Gonna have to make our own '66 Catwoman, I think.
            sigpicSWEAR TO ME!

Comment

• houseofdracula
              Veteran Member
              • Nov 11, 2011

I belong to a few Mego Facebook pages as well as 1 or 2 FTC Facebook fan pages and I honestly can't remember on which of these pages I'd heard this information so you'll just have to trust me.
              Supposedly, someone (a fan) spoke to someone over at FTC and the word is that the Catwomen (Women as in more than one version) will be out by Christmas.
              I don't know if they are going to be a part of a wave or sold as exclusives by another company like the Riddler in his green suit.
              The fan also said that there will be a really nice playset for this series.
              I Assume it will be a Batcave but I could be wrong as I wasn't the person that talked to FTC.
              There was no mention of an accessory set for the villains but that doesn't mean that there won't be one. We can always hope.
              Again, I wish that I could provide a link for you all but unfortunately, I can't.
              The House of Dracula - Monster Model Museum.
              https://www.facebook.com/houseofdracula

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

^^^ Hope this person is right about Catwoman, be nice if it was a full wave with at least one more villain. False Face and or Clock King would be nice to round out the line. As far as a playset goes, I can't see FTC doing something new for the line, more likely repurposed like Shark and rope ladder or the mego Batcave with new inserts. I've given up any thought of a Batmobile for them, so the Batcave will look pretty empty without it.
                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• mego maniac mark
                  Career Member
                  • Aug 3, 2010

I was lucky enough to visit the Tampa headquarters last year. I saw the prototype for Catwoman. They are making it. I was told by them that they plan on both Kitt and Newmar versions.
                  We just got to be patient
                  mego's befo ho's

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

That's good news. Personally, I have nigh-infinite patience for upcoming releases. Where it wears thin is when it actually shows up.
                    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Teemu
                      Persistent Member
                      • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by mego maniac mark
                      I was lucky enough to visit the Tampa headquarters last year. I saw the prototype for Catwoman. They are making it. I was told by them that they plan on both Kitt and Newmar versions.
                      We just got to be patient
                      What about False Face,Clock King and Eli Wallach Mr Freeze?

Comment

• jeffbearco
                        Persistent Member
                        • Mar 27, 2011

I bought Batgirl, so I have to admit that if Catwoman is rolled out with a turd emoji for a head, I'll probably still get her. Same with Wonder Woman wave 1. As long as the costumes look good.

*rolls eyes*

JeffBearCO

Comment

• TrekStar
                          Trek or Treat
                          • Jan 20, 2011

With all this anticipation for Catwoman (s) by Christmas, curious if they will be more expensive than the others
                          knowing how bad collectors want them?

If so, then hopefully the likenesses and quality will be near purr fect.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                            Hi Ernie!!!
                            • Feb 15, 2004

^^^ What, FTC price gouge?
                            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• dr_cyclops
                              One eyed, wonder
                              • Dec 17, 2009

This thread has gone so off topic. Yes I want a villain accessory set!

Comment

• PNGwynne
                                Master of Fowl Play
                                • Jun 5, 2008

Me, too. I'm encouraged by the possibility of a playset and a few more figures.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎