X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Paperback hero
    • Mar 20, 2012

DC Comics 1st appearance bedspread

Hey there.

I had a bedspread...and I think curtains, as a kid with a grid pattern of first appearance dc comics heroes on it. Superman, Batman, Jay Garrick, Golden Age GL, Wonder Woman, Captain Marvel...I remember it being just a quilt...and scratchy as heck.

Anyone got an ideas or memories of this? Late 70s early 80's....I can't seem to find a pic of it online.
  • Makernaut
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 22, 2015

Something like the one shown here?

These awesome bed sheets depicting nothing but classic golden age DC characters were sold in Canada during the early 1970s. It's one of th...

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

Yeah, that set was Eaton's thing in the middle 70s and I've come across it a few times. It's very collectible.
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• knight errant00
        8 Inch Action Figure
        • Nov 15, 2005

That is possibly the coolest bedroom set I've ever seen.

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

Wow, I had ("had" ) the Suoer Friends bedspread, and this one easily tops it.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Makernaut
            Persistent Member
            • Jul 22, 2015

Originally posted by PNGwynne
            Wow, I had ("had" ) the Suoer Friends bedspread, and this one easily tops it.
            I know I would have dug a Super Friends set up but I had to think about whether "kid me" would have connected with a Golden Age set like this. After thinking it over, I remembered that my library had the hardcover collections of "Superman: From the 30s to 70s", "Batman: From the 30s to the 70s", "Shazam: From the 40s to the 70s" and a hardcover Wonder Woman collection (can't find any info on the Wonder Woman one, but the others were put together by E. Nelson Bridwell). I read those books over and over in middle school and they are what made me excited about "All-Star Squadron" when it came out, but I wouldn't have understood this bedroom set , even if I would have seen it in the mid-70s (and I never knew it existed until I saw it on Plaid Stallions a while back).

Comment

• Paperback hero
              • Mar 20, 2012

Yup. That's it. Thanks. I knew I saw it on here before.

That was the scratchiest bedspread of all time.

Now....I'm on the hunt for it.

Comment

• comicmike
                Persistent Member
                • Sep 22, 2009

I used to own it too. I really loved it. I thought it was from Sears. My Mom had it custom quilt-backed for me to keep me warmer on cold Canadian winter nights. I once saw the curtains in a comic shop in the late 80s on holiday in Lr Sackville, NS (I think the store was called the Cardboard Jungle).

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎