X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by ODBJBG
    This is hilarious. FTC should be ashamed.
    lol If they aren't by now, they never will be.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Figure8
      Museum Patron
      • May 18, 2016

It's a shame no one seems really happy with any of the Flash figures. When you think about it, the character isn't that much of a challenge. And both of FTC's sculpts are actually quite decent. But then they have to go and drop the ball on the suits. Personally I've come to like the FF Flash although I was disappointed at first. He seemed awkward compared to the Mattel figure, but now I think he's no more awkward than an actual Mego Flash might have been. And the SF version is a nice enough variant to have in my collection. Still I'm sorry for those who ordered the flagship figure of Flash wave 1 and ended up with such a flawed product. I'm still not sure which one I should get, but Trickster is my favourite. Can anyone who bought him recommend that figure?

Comment

• tiinacat
        Museum Patron
        • Feb 4, 2015

Originally posted by Figure8
        It's a shame no one seems really happy with any of the Flash figures. When you think about it, the character isn't that much of a challenge. And both of FTC's sculpts are actually quite decent. But then they have to go and drop the ball on the suits. Personally I've come to like the FF Flash although I was disappointed at first. He seemed awkward compared to the Mattel figure, but now I think he's no more awkward than an actual Mego Flash might have been. And the SF version is a nice enough variant to have in my collection. Still I'm sorry for those who ordered the flagship figure of Flash wave 1 and ended up with such a flawed product. I'm still not sure which one I should get, but Trickster is my favourite. Can anyone who bought him recommend that figure?

I can, check out Facebook figure toy company fans for photos of funky boots

Also recommended reverse flash

Comment

• Figure8
          Museum Patron
          • May 18, 2016

Okay, I just pulled the trigger on Trickster! Hope I don't have to wait too long for him to arrive.

Comment

• jeffbearco
            Persistent Member
            • Mar 27, 2011

Did washing the boots help? Or did the water bead up like it was an oil based paint?

Wondering if a coat of good paint would fix the issue.

JeffBearCO

Comment

• scott metzger
              Persistent Member
              • Jul 9, 2007

Originally posted by jeffbearco
              Did washing the boots help? Or did the water bead up like it was an oil based paint?

JeffBearCO
              I'm thinking paint might have problems drying on top of paint that doesn't feel like it ever dried. I'm going to try a coating of Elmer's glue and see if that helps...

Comment

• TRDouble
                Permanent Member
                • Jul 10, 2012

JeffBearCO
                I plan to try the washing method tonight. I will let you (and FTC) know how that works.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

No comment on the Flash boots because, ugh, really?

But I'm curious to see the foot treatment for Trickster.
                  WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• TRDouble
                    Permanent Member
                    • Jul 10, 2012

Well, washing the boots with warm water and dish detergent was mildly successful. The boots still stick, but eventually, they fall apart. But they still stick and that's a problem. And my Flash's arm when down stays in a permanent WAY pushed out, away from body position. Disappointing.

Comment

• tllgn
                      Persistent Member
                      • Feb 6, 2010

yeah sticky boots ,i bought this figure ,i like it and its staying in the clam-shell .so sticky boots or not hes not running anywhere.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                        Hi Ernie!!!
                        • Feb 15, 2004

Living in Florida I know spray paint over soft plastic never dries, or it gets tacky being in a humid environment like this, so maybe being stored in Tampa isn't helping. Its a mistake that shouldn't have happened in the first place. BTW, the painted female gloves are doing the same thing. Just mold them in the right color FTC!!!
                        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• comicmike
                          Persistent Member
                          • Sep 22, 2009

The look of the boots design is beautiful; but *Man, oh Man*, that stickiness is "so ugly, [it] hurts my feelings"!

Comment

• DC_Guy
                            Museum Super Collector
                            • Sep 18, 2008

As I said just now in another thread, I refuse to reward FTC for bad work. Looks like I'm sticking (no pun intended) with my Mattel Flash.

Comment

• jeffbearco
                              Persistent Member
                              • Mar 27, 2011

I wonder if you could just strip off their paint with mineral spirits and repaint them with the proper paint. Or would that break down the material the boots are made from. I don't want to accidentally shrink them.

I may have to order this *&^$ figure just so I can experiment on it.

JeffBearCO

Comment

• TRDouble
                                Permanent Member
                                • Jul 10, 2012

I wonder if you could just strip off their paint with mineral spirits and repaint them with the proper paint. Or would that break down the material the boots are made from. I don't want to accidentally shrink them.

I may have to order this *&^$ figure just so I can experiment on it.

JeffBearCO
                                ...or you can just PM me for the boots so you can experiment on mine instead

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎