Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CrimsonGhost
    Often invisible
    • Jul 18, 2002

Is Reverse Flash the same sculpt as the Flash that was already released? I can't tell, but Reverse Flash looks good and I wonder how it would look with the red and yellow reversed.
    Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• Mego Milk
      Custom Mego Maker
      • Jun 3, 2007

buying!

Comment

• Figure8
        Museum Patron
        • May 18, 2016

Well, Reverse Flash wasn't that much work ... but I get it. I like Boomerang's costume including the hat. I'm not so sure about the head sculpt. It looks pretty big to me. Generally I feel FTC should put more time into studying Mego sculpts. They seem to have developed their own style that doesn't really fit in with the originals IMO. I'm talking about open mouths, funny expressions and a lack of detail and definition in the sculpting.

Comment

• dcohendmd
          • Jan 20, 2014

Both examples are awesome...im in for Flash wave 1 !!

Comment

• The Bat
            Batman Fanatic
            • Jul 14, 2002

Another GIANT head Batman from FTC...what a surprise.
            sigpic

Comment

• CaptainApathy
              • Jan 2, 2011

An actual boomerang accessory would be great, but from the little you can see in the photo, it looks like CB will have rubber gloves. Would he even be able to hold one if they included it?

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

The short sleeves completely kill my interest in Boomerang.
                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• megowgsh
                  Customego HoF Curator
                  • Nov 19, 2003

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                  The short sleeves completely kill my interest in Boomerang.
                  Your constant negativity kills my interest in reading your posts!

Historically, Captain Boomerang has been drawn like this. Heck, my custom CB from 20 years ago was made the same way (in the tradition of Mego Iron Man, Mr. Fantastic, and the Teen Titans).

From what is showing, these could prove to be the best figures yet from FTC!

Check out ALL my customs at https://www.facebook.com/megowgshcustoms

Comment

• Brown Bear
                    Still Old School
                    • Feb 14, 2008

Thanks Austin!!
                    Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• thunderbolt
                      Hi Ernie!!!
                      • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by megowgsh
                      Your constant negativity kills my interest in reading your posts!

Historically, Captain Boomerang has been drawn like this. Heck, my custom CB from 20 years ago was made the same way (in the tradition of Mego Iron Man, Mr. Fantastic, and the Teen Titans).

From what is showing, these could prove to be the best figures yet from FTC!

I am referring to the Teen Titans/Iron Man style laziness that FTC used on his costume. I fully realize what he looks like and don't need to be schooled by your googled pics, thank you. Just really ruins it for me. Other than that shortcoming I like him, but will be skipping it unless they fix it.
                      Last edited by thunderbolt; Sep 17, '16, 7:14 AM.
                      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• PNGwynne
                        Master of Fowl Play
                        • Jun 5, 2008

I've never liked the truncated sleeves and leggings--not in the '70s, not now. To me, it looks unfinished and makes posed figures look sloppy. But, this is a handsome wave and if the heads scales are decent, I can tolerate it. We'll see.
                        Last edited by PNGwynne; Sep 17, '16, 8:42 AM.
                        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Jeffdmia
                          • Oct 7, 2013

They look great, but Reverse Flash's emblem is wrong.....it needs to be 'reversed!' That's a little detail that's very important, but they could easily fix!

Comment

• PNGwynne
                            Master of Fowl Play
                            • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by Jeffdmia
                            They look great, but Reverse Flash's emblem is wrong.....it needs to be 'reversed!' That's a little detail that's very important, but they could easily fix!
                            Most illustrations I goggled, and particularly Silver/Bronze Age ones, depict Zoom's emblem as angling the same direction as The Flash. Is the "bizarro" emblem a more recent touch?
                            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Spyweb007
                              Persistent Member
                              • Apr 18, 2006

If they do give him a boomerang accessory they could use the open handed rubber hero gloves that they sell on the CTVT site, looks like he could hold an accessory that way.

Comment

• scott metzger
                                Persistent Member
                                • Jul 9, 2007

Okay, had to hold off a little bit before ordering these, but got them in. Some good points, some bad. One overall comment, though: all of them show a growing headsculpt problem, namely that someone apparently doesn't realize a human skull has a back. All of the heads here are squashed bizarrely front to back, something I'm noticing more and more in the FTC heads. Size is getting under control, at least in this and the Batman wave, but this is something I've only seen once before, in some really crappy Heroes of the Ice hockey figures that had Mego sized heads, and the ones we're seeing from FTC are a lot worse on that count. They look good to great from the front, but they look like someone took a large blunt instrument to the backs of their heads. Thee's no other line out there right now where I see something like this. It's a new reason not to buy extras, sadly.

Flash: pretty close to what we got before, but one BIG problem: the boots are Reverse Flash's painted yellow. BADLY painted yellow. Some of the paint got onto the material on the legs, and it is still tacky after leaving him out for a few days. The head is still pretty good, be better if it wasn't tilted to the left a bit, giving him a permanent quizzical look. I do think the figure looks a lot better with the red hands than the gloves.

Prof Zoom: Same as Flash on all counts except the boots are cast in red, so no tacky problems. Same head, same quizzical tilt. Otherwise looks good.

Boomerbutt: Head is sculpted well, captures Digger nicely. The hat is...odd, and off, not to mention near impossible to keep on his head (needed a glue stick). It's almost perfect save for the squashing mentioned above and the guy-liner on his eyes. These figures look very odd when FTC outlines the top and bottom of the eyes in black; he's a super-villain, not a rock star. Flash and Zoom have just the upper lid outlined, and that looks best good. Even for some of the ladies it looks odd as they often do it too thick, so it is something they need to be careful with on females and outright stop on males. THe costume is well done save for the overlays on the boots; I know what they were going for, but the execution won't stay put and looks really wonky. There's also color problems, the overlays on the boots should actually be white, and the gloves black for a classic Boomerang. And, yes, he should have come with one, by the way (classic boomerang, that is); he needs his signature weapon as much as Ollie needs his bow.

Trickster: Again, a great head save for the squash. The collar is a little problematical, but still works. The boots seem too small to go over the costume's footies; they keep wanting to pop partway off. Again, seems to be some color problems, but they may be using a different model source than the comics I know from the 70's and Who's Who entries. They got down all the different striped parts well, though, so the overall effect is what you'd want.

Not bad, but I can't totally rave about any of the figures; each has problems they really shouldn't at this point, especially Flash's boots (may have to coat them with Elmers to be able to even stand him without sticking or leaving some yellow behind). These are really frustrating in that regard; this set is close to being really good, the kind of thing I want to see from FTC, but misses that level with things we shouldn't be having problems with this far into the lines...

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎