Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lilbrosj66
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 4, 2011

As much as I wanted to like the Flash line, the only one I would even consider getting is Flash himself. The foes look wonky and those boot covers on Captain Boomerang? What are those supposed to be anyway?

Comment

• TRDouble
      Permanent Member
      • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by lilbrosj66
      As much as I wanted to like the Flash line, the only one I would even consider getting is Flash himself. The foes look wonky and those boot covers on Captain Boomerang? What are those supposed to be anyway?
      If you do a search for Captain Boomerang, you will see some pictures where his boots are black in the back, but have the blue, shin guards (for lack of a better comparison) in the front. In some cases, the shin guards are white.

It's a decent effort at trying to replicate that design, but I think it fails because it's just too bulky looking at this scale. Partially because the boots are bulky. That's why I think I will just go with the all blue boots when I eventually take him out to display.

Comment

• lilbrosj66
        Persistent Member
        • Jul 4, 2011

Originally posted by TRDouble
        If you do a search for Captain Boomerang, you will see some pictures where his boots are black in the back, but have the blue, shin guards (for lack of a better comparison) in the front. In some cases, the shin guards are white.

It's a decent effort at trying to replicate that design, but I think it fails because it's just too bulky looking at this scale. Partially because the boots are bulky. That's why I think I will just go with the all blue boots when I eventually take him out to display.
        Thanks. I think that is my issue with it. They do look bulky. Wondering if it would have been better to just paint the front of the boot?

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

Thanks. I think that is my issue with it. They do look bulky. Wondering if it would have been better to just paint the front of the boot?
          then you'd have more sticky boots.
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• darkbros
            Persistent Member
            • Jul 3, 2012

Why not a simple Vinyl (Tape) White Stripe on a pair of dark blue (or black) hero boots? I'm thinking the K.I.S.S. theory
            would have been all too fine here...

Captain-Boomerang-DC-Comics-Flash-Rogues-Suicide-Squad-c.jpg
            Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
            https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
            ---------------------------------------------------------------------
            "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

• batdan
              • Feb 12, 2017

Hi guys-I have been using Plasti-Dip spray on some of my accessories with great results. Sticks great, will not bond to itself once dry and if you screw up the painting you can peel it off and try again. Only draw back is some colours aren't available but they have metallics now and a clear coat. The sticky surface of those boots may even help adhesion.

Comment

• Figure8
                Museum Patron
                • May 18, 2016

I got Trickster yesterday and here are my thoughts:
                Really love the fact I now own a 'Mego Trickster' - who would have thought it possible? He's pretty much what I expected from the pictures posted here and certainly one of FTC's better figures. The sculpt is decent, or rather as decent as FTC sculpts get. As someone pointed out already his head is quite flat and it actually looks kind of weird viewed from the side. I'll just never understand why FTC can make perfectly nice sculpts for (most of) the TV Batman line, but keeps turning out sculpts that look more or less amateurish for the rest of their lines. As with other recent figures they've added a few red lines to Trickster's face where the sculptor failed to SCULPT the necessary detail. And this guy/girl definitely can't sculpt hair ... The rest of the figure is well made though I would have been content with a more simplistic approach: a screen-printed suit and the same shoes without the funny socks he wears. Hope this didn't sound too negative because, as I said, I AM quite happy with my Mego-like Trickster!

Comment

• TRDouble
                  Permanent Member
                  • Jul 10, 2012

I finally had a chance to try Batman Series 5's boots on Flash Series 1 Captain Boomerang. I think I will keep him like this:

FTC Captain Boomerang 6.jpg

Comment

• rodkeith
                    Veteran Member
                    • Mar 16, 2008

^Way better! Plus you found a use for that unfortunate Batman.

Comment

• TRDouble
                      Permanent Member
                      • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by rodkeith
                      ^Way better! Plus you found a use for that unfortunate Batman.
                      Yes, there is that benefit too!

Thanks!

Comment

• darkbros
                        Persistent Member
                        • Jul 3, 2012

I finally had a chance to try Batman Series 5's boots on Flash Series 1 Captain Boomerang. I think I will keep him like this:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20774[/ATTACH]
                        That looks MUCH better!!
                        Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
                        https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
                        ---------------------------------------------------------------------
                        "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

• TrekStar
                          Trek or Treat
                          • Jan 20, 2011

Nice job, it does look much better.

Comment

• lilbrosj66
                            Persistent Member
                            • Jul 4, 2011

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20774[/ATTACH]
                            Huge improvement!

Comment

• Figure8
                              Museum Patron
                              • May 18, 2016

Has there been any talk about a second Flash series? I hope the first one sold well enough - despite the problems discussed in this thread. I would love to see Mirror Master, Jay Garrick (though FTC might save him for a JSA line), maybe Wally West/Kid Flash in the Flash-suit on a 7" or Korak body. And I definitely want a Flash with removable mask! From what I've heard FTC has done a really good job with TV Batman's removable cowl.

Comment

• jeffbearco
                                Persistent Member
                                • Mar 27, 2011

I got the Flash figure this week. The costume actually turned out OK. The belt is in position properly. I did take the waistline in about 1/8 inch on either side since he looked a bit chubby.

The boots. Yes, they are sticky. They pick up any stray string or dust or hair. I've tried using Goof Off and after that Mineral Spirits. Both took away the shine and stickiness briefly but as soon as they dried, they went sticky again.

So, now I'm trying painting over them with another layer of paint specific to softer plastics. I'll update this to let you know if the new paint fixes it.

Update: New paint did not fix it. Even more sticky. Stripped that off using mineral spirits again. That did take the stickiness away for a while, but this morning they are back to being sticky. Flash was stuck to the shelf he was on. Nothing I used took them back to the original red. The paint they used does seem to be permanent and perpetually sticky. joyous. I guess I could roll them in gold glitter. LOL

JeffBearCO
                                Last edited by jeffbearco; Jun 9, '17, 9:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎