X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jeffbearco
    Persistent Member
    • Mar 27, 2011

Flash Wave 1

New pics of Reverse Flash and Captain Boomerang this morning on the FTC web site.

Based on the Reverse Flash, I'm thinking the actual Flash figure will use the same sculpt as the Fist Fighter figure, which I'm OK with. The costume looks like long sleeves with hands. Also not a bad choice. At least on Reverse Flash, the waist lightning is at the right level. Hopefully they use the Super Friends boots with the wings on them. It should make both of them respectable looking figures.

Captain Boomerang looks GREAT to me. I just hope they include at least one actual boomerang. But they have been trying to save money on accessories so I'm not holding my breath. He looks like a very solid figure though. I am glad that they made the hat separate. That way you can customize a newer costume if you want. I wonder what they will do for boots.

JeffBearCO
  • MIB41
    Eloquent Member
    • Sep 25, 2005

Excellent work by FTC! Well done guys!!

Comment

• JediJaida
      Talkative Member
      • Jun 14, 2008

The head for the Reverse Flash looks to be nicely within range for a 1:9 scale figure. Captain Boomerang looks to be a bit larger, but when you take the sculpted hair into account, as well as the hat, it's fine.

I even like his expression! It makes me think of Remy LaBeau/Gambit of the X-Men. Once they get around to parting stuff out, I just might be tempted to get that head.
      JediJaida

Comment

• palitoy
        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
        • Jun 16, 2001

Megomuseum Newsletter link where we broke the news this morning. The FTC link only goes to their section, which I totally get but there is more to read:

Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• jwyblejr
          galactic yo-yo
          • Apr 6, 2006

Gotta admit,I'm surprised that Bomerang is just the Luthor head sculpt with hair.

Comment

• TRDouble
            Permanent Member
            • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by jwyblejr
            Gotta admit,I'm surprised that Bomerang is just the Luthor head sculpt with hair.
            Huh? That's a new head sculpt on Boomerang and it even says so in the newsletter. It doesn't look like the Luthor head sculpt at all.

I like both figures. A new, evil looking Reverse Flash head sculpt would have been cool. but I'm good with the head repainted in yellow.

I hope we see some changes to the Flash costume, but I think the SP Flash was so well done, outside of the waist lightning being lower (and as is, it doesn't bother me), they could maybe wings on the boots, and if they go with red hands, make them red regular hands, not those awful glove hands on the CTVT site.

Comment

• Your pal, Jim
              Museum Patron
              • Apr 3, 2015

These look great!

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by TRDouble
                Huh? That's a new head sculpt on Boomerang and it even says so in the newsletter. It doesn't look like the Luthor head sculpt at all.

I like both figures. A new, evil looking Reverse Flash head sculpt would have been cool. but I'm good with the head repainted in yellow.

I hope we see some changes to the Flash costume, but I think the SP Flash was so well done, outside of the waist lightning being lower (and as is, it doesn't bother me), they could maybe wings on the boots, and if they go with red hands, make them red regular hands, not those awful glove hands on the CTVT site.
                My first thought was it was Luthor for the base sculpt, too. Not sure as there is no way I am ever buying that giant head figure they produced.
                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• madmarva
                  Talkative Member
                  • Jul 7, 2007

Boomerang is an excellent likeness for Carmine Infantino's art.

Comment

• scott metzger
                    Persistent Member
                    • Jul 9, 2007

Both look really good (as much as we see of them), and the heads look like they're decently sized. The sculpt on Boomerbutt is excellent.

Comment

• lilbrosj66
                      Persistent Member
                      • Jul 4, 2011

They both look pretty good to me! Not sure about those short sleeves (elbow length) on CB and those gloves but the headsculpt is nice. Looks to be sized about right which is also a plus!
                      Last edited by lilbrosj66; Sep 16, '16, 12:05 PM.

Comment

• pmwasson
                        Maker
                        • Sep 12, 2007

Those look great! Can't wait!
                        sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• SpaceAgent
                          Veteran Member
                          • Oct 21, 2009

Nice to see this line wasn't forgotten. I'd say we're lucky if we see it by the end of the year, but glad it is coming.

Comment

• jwyblejr
                            galactic yo-yo
                            • Apr 6, 2006

Originally posted by TRDouble

Must be the eyebrows. They both look like they are sporting the same style. But they they are pretty close except for Boomerang's chin.

Comment

• powersthatbe
                              Persistent Member
                              • Sep 27, 2010

looks nice,just wish the reverse flash had a more menacing villain look.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎