Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

why in the world would they have not cast the boots in yellow? That's just plain lazy. Did they or did they not fix the shortened sleeves from the prototypes?
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• warlock664
      Persistent Member
      • Feb 15, 2009

Originally posted by thunderbolt
      why in the world would they have not cast the boots in yellow? That's just plain lazy. Did they or did they not fix the shortened sleeves from the prototypes?
      What's especially puzzling about the boots is, unless I'm mistaken, they're the same ones used for Super Friends Flash. So they've already been cast in yellow, I believe.

Comment

• Figure8
        Museum Patron
        • May 18, 2016

[QUOTE=thunderbolt;1325650]why in the world would they have not cast the boots in yellow?
        Yes, why? I thought these were the SF Flash boots that were cast in yellow before? I guess it's some complicated form of cost-cutting. We've seen pictures of Wave 1 Flash in a recycled SF Flash suit with the correctly placed lightning belt. But some people also reported their Wave 1 Flash still had the 'high-riding' belt, meaning FTC might have used whatever they had lying around for this 'new' Flash ...

Comment

• scott metzger
          Persistent Member
          • Jul 9, 2007

The sleeves are fine.

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by scott metzger
            The sleeves are fine.
            so they go into the gloves or do they end right at the gloves?
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• jeffbearco
              Persistent Member
              • Mar 27, 2011

So, did the boots ever dry?

And is the belt in the right place? Or not? Now it sounds like it goes back and forth.

Sweet Baby Jesus.

I want this figure to be right so bad.

JeffBearCO

Comment

• enyawd72
                Maker of Monsters!
                • Oct 1, 2009

I bought this series and was pretty disappointed. My Flash has sticky boots, and the head on Reverse Flash is a very dark yellow...almost orange. It doesn't match his suit at all. I'll probably end up selling them all.

Comment

• scott metzger
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jul 9, 2007

thunderbolt- No gloves at all; the sleeves are more classic Mego style, going to the wrist and ending with matching colored hands (the more gloved looking ones). It honestly looks a lot better this way than the gloves of the Super Powers release.

jeffbearco- Left him sitting out with his boots hanging off so they were completely surrounded by air; still tacky as when I first got him. The belt might be a little high, but not so much I really noticed on first glance.

I will say the problems are having an effect on how I'm buying these things. Used to be I'd snatch up stuff as it came up for pre-order so I wouldn't miss it. I waited a couple weeks this time for these, am still waiting on the evil Superfriends, and am still debating getting Space Ghost at all. Given how much I love Megos, that's pretty bad...

Comment

• thunderbolt
                    Hi Ernie!!!
                    • Feb 15, 2004

thunderbolt- No gloves at all; the sleeves are more classic Mego style, going to the wrist and ending with matching colored hands (the more gloved looking ones). It honestly looks a lot better this way than the gloves of the Super Powers release.

jeffbearco- Left him sitting out with his boots hanging off so they were completely surrounded by air; still tacky as when I first got him. The belt might be a little high, but not so much I really noticed on first glance.

I will say the problems are having an effect on how I'm buying these things. Used to be I'd snatch up stuff as it came up for pre-order so I wouldn't miss it. I waited a couple weeks this time for these, am still waiting on the evil Superfriends, and am still debating getting Space Ghost at all. Given how much I love Megos, that's pretty bad...
                    I was referring to Boomerang, sorry. In the pics he has the Iron Man/Titans style shortened sleeves that end at the gloves.

Comment

• TRDouble
                      Permanent Member
                      • Jul 10, 2012

I haven't bought a single new figure yet (edit: I did buy the 1969 Catwoman exclusive, which I think is great!). I still have plans to get some, but I am already thinking about fixes, and that's not the way I want to be thinking before I make a purchase.

The Flash's boots... I don't understand. Why? It almost feels like the factory messed up and made all red boots and the easy fix was to paint half of them yellow.

I wish I had access to their new stand at that flea market. If I could guarantee the paint apps, I could at least live with some of the other issues. But every blind order is a crap shoot.
                      Last edited by TRDouble; Apr 18, '17, 9:13 AM.

Comment

• scott metzger
                        Persistent Member
                        • Jul 9, 2007

I was referring to Boomerang, sorry. In the pics he has the Iron Man/Titans style shortened sleeves that end at the gloves.
                        Oops, sorry, my misunderstanding. Yeah, he has the shorter sleeves, unfortunately.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                          Hi Ernie!!!
                          • Feb 15, 2004

Oops, sorry, my misunderstanding. Yeah, he has the shorter sleeves, unfortunately.
                          then its a pass for me. Thanks.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                            Master of Fowl Play
                            • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by TRDouble
                            I wish I had access to their new stand at that flea market. If I could guarantee the paint apps, I could at least live with some of the other issues. But every blind order is a crap shoot.
                            Very true. It's all a kitbasher's dream, but hopes of polished production figures are slim.
                            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• ovenmitt
                              Persistent Member
                              • May 26, 2009

I'm holding off on Flash wave 1. Boomerang and Trickster are great, but Zoom and Barry needed new heads, too. Already have FTC Super Powers and Super Friends Flash figures. Besides my Mezco One:12 Flash (Barry and Wally heads!) and Zoom (villian head sculpt) and Fantastic costumes are good enough.

I hope FTC shows Wonder Woman wave 1 soon, though. My most anticipated wave!

Comment

• jeffbearco
                                Persistent Member
                                • Mar 27, 2011

I really want a Flash, but at this point, every version they have done has issues. The closest to what I want is the "sticky boots" version. Plus I'm still afraid his belt will be too high since I've seen that belt vary from right to about a half inch too high. On an 8" figure, 1/2 inch makes a BIG difference. This is the big issue with ordering things online versus seeing them in person. I don't feel like I can trust their QC folks to not send me the crappiest figure they have in their box. I have no confidence that they ever send anything back to China as being "too bad to ship to a customer".

This has stalled me on buying any number of figures from them.

JeffBearCO

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎