X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Cash in with Kenner '81

Here's a fun toy industry promo from Kenner, who was riding high on toy lines such as Star Wars, Play Doh, Glamour Gals, Star Wars, Strawberry Shortcake and oh yeah, Star Wars.

More on this promotion after the jump!

Even as a kid, I loved to collect the Kenner rebate books but never cashed any in.

$2.00 off a Millenium Falcon, if I got mine at Zayre's that's an even bigger savings!

Oh that sweet boxed Slave 1 is calling to me........For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

Nice! Heaven help me, I was looking at that Glamour Girls Firebird and thinking "I know Ertl made a 3 3/4" Burt Reynolds Bandit figure. Hmmmm....."

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• Donkey Hoatie
      Supporter of Silliness
      • Jun 20, 2007

Man, I loved the Fast 111s as a kid. I was never huge into Hot Wheels or Matchbox, but something about the funky colors and designs of these really sucked me in. Plus, the license plates on them all were a really neat touch. It's one of those toy lines that's on my "to collect" list at some point.

Comment

• Werewolf
        Inhuman
        • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
        Nice! Heaven help me, I was looking at that Glamour Girls Firebird and thinking "I know Ertl made a 3 3/4" Burt Reynolds Bandit figure. Hmmmm....."

Chris
        It would be too big. Glamour Gals are 4 inches tall and I think the Ertl Superstars are a little under 3.
        You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

^Sure, kill my dreams Werewolf.

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢