Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Doc Mego body for Diamond Marvel sets?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • warlock664
    Persistent Member
    • Feb 15, 2009

Best Doc Mego body for Diamond Marvel sets?

I'm finally getting around to buying bodies for the Secret ID and updated Superhero costumes/heads that are included in the Diamond Marvel sets. My question is, what body to buy?
    I imagine the consensus will be the Type-S body, but if I were to go with a Dr Mego body, which one would be best? The Mego-style body that is currently $10? Or the "buff", swivel-armed body that has screws in it to prevent torso splitting (that was developed for a Flash Gordon figure)? Are the "buff" bodies too large for the extra costumes? I seem to recall my Diamond Spider-Man figure coming on a body with screws in it, was that a "buff" body? Since the "buff" bodies are only $7, that would be my preference, assuming they'll work.
    Thanks for any guidance!
  • warlock664
    Persistent Member
    • Feb 15, 2009

BTW, I realize there were 3(!) threads started recently asking about the availability of the Type-S; I'm wanting infomation specifically on the Dr Mego Mego-Like and Buff bodies.

Comment

• warlock664
      Persistent Member
      • Feb 15, 2009

Bumping this up in hopes that someone can provide some info; still need to get extra bodies for my Diamond Retro Marvel sets.

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

The Universal Monsters used the screw together body too.
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• daz71
          Persistent Member
          • Jul 19, 2014

i prefer the mego style doc body to the buff because the fabric tends to get stuck between the shoulder and arm on the buff so the sleeves look short.

Comment

• smonte00
            Veteran Member
            • Aug 19, 2005

I agree. I used one for a kitbash Clark Kent and the sleeves on the suit looked real short. I changed him to a regular body with regular, non-swivel arms and it looked much better.

I think that swivel arm body looks okay with those vinyl mitten gloves, though.

Comment

• Mego Magyar
              Permanent Member
              • Jan 17, 2011

The biggest issue I've had is that some of the Diamond sets tend to have a different skin tone then the basic body Doc sells. Really noticeable on the Wolverine set, haven't really checked the Thor and Daredevil sets yet. To me the extra clothes are a tight fit on his bodies too.

Comment

• warlock664
                Persistent Member
                • Feb 15, 2009

Thanks for the replies; so I guess the Type-S would be the best choice then?

Comment

• megalomaniac001
                  Veteran Member
                  • Jul 24, 2009

One thing I don't like about the Type-S is the neck plug area is too thick. The heads that come with these sets have a thin area on the neck plug and don't stay in the Type-S torso. I got so tired of Peter Parker's head coming off, I ended up using an FTC body for it.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                    Hi Ernie!!!
                    • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by megalomaniac001
                    One thing I don't like about the Type-S is the neck plug area is too thick. The heads that come with these sets have a thin area on the neck plug and don't stay in the Type-S torso. I got so tired of Peter Parker's head coming off, I ended up using an FTC body for it.
                    I did not have that problem with putting the Captain America modern version on a type s. It worked fine. The giraffe neck of the head kind of bugs me, but there is no fixing that.
                    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• thunderbolt
                      Hi Ernie!!!
                      • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by megalomaniac001
                      I did not have that problem with putting the Captain America modern version on a type s. It worked fine. The giraffe neck of the head kind of bugs me, but there is no fixing that.

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎