Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FTC on Facebook wants YOUR suggestions for NEW licenses, brands, shows!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • doink1
    • Jul 31, 2014

Last one....... Two pack..... Mr Rogers with Captain kangaroo!

Comment

• TrekStar
      Trek or Treat
      • Jan 20, 2011

I guess I would like to see, Star Trek, POTA, Waltons, Wizard of Oz, Universal Monsters, C.H.i.P.S.
      Emergency, Wild Wild West, M*A*S*H*, Love Boat, Fantasy Island, Hogan's Heroes, Andy Griffith
      and of course Marvel heroes.

Comment

• JediJaida
        Talkative Member
        • Jun 14, 2008

Andy Griffith? Okay, I can see that. Sort of.

If we are getting into 50's sitcoms, how about Leave it to Beaver? Who doesn't want an Eddie Haskell to stomp like a bug?

I'd like to have Bewitched, and definitely I Dream of Jeannie! That would be wonderful.

Maybe Wild Wild West; we need Jim and Artie.

Maybe different incarnations of Zorro? Like Douglas Fairbanks Sr., Tyrone Power, Alain Delon, George Hamilton, Frank Langella, Anthony Hopkins and Antonio Banderas?

No, wait! Nix all that!

As lazy as these people are when it comes to Quality Control, as in there isn't any! We shouldn't be giving them ideas of stuff to screw up.
        JediJaida

Comment

• tllgn
          Persistent Member
          • Feb 6, 2010

I'd like to see the Irwin Allen shows done.voyage to the bottom of the sea.lost in space.land of the giants.the time tunnel.the whole cast of gilligans island.and Jeannie .bewitched.mr ed.flyong nun
          Barnaby Jones.dragnet 67.adam 12 .get smart.police squad.etc.also ahi monsters.action ape with mego bodies.Dinah-mite.original style action Jackson.best of the west in mego form.and any monsters.sci FI.and superheros they can get the rights to.its nice ftc is asking.

Comment

• Confessional
            Maker & Whatnot
            • Aug 8, 2012

Seems like every few years a thread like this emerges and we all go through the process of identifying our same favs/wants.

In consideration of FTC's quality of product (current bodies, clothing and accessories) I would not want them to take on the POTA license. Yes, I'm an Ape snob and would rather collect vintage forever than bring in subpar Mego knock-offs into Ape City. Rather I'd prefer they upgrade the product instead of taking on more lines. If they can get closer to NECA-grade restyling ultimately offering something new, then by all means carry on. I guess that places me in the body-head-plastic-matters camp.

Conversely if staying with their current quality of product, I'd be very cool with them doing cheap-O ($12-$15) lines of retro pop culture such as Good Times, Sanford and Son and Monsters of all varieties, more as custom fodder/junkie toys, than anticipated *collectibles*. This seems to be where they began at CTVT, and somehow(?) closer to where they currently are. So maybe they should just fill that niche and leave the higher end expectations that collectors have to other companies.

Comment

• silentj76
              • Aug 25, 2009

I would love to see them do a line of the mighty crusaders from archie comics. It would be cool to see them do mego style figures of the old mighty crusaders figures that were produced by remco in the 80's. Any thoughts? I'm sure some of you guys here are fans of the crusaders.

Comment

• tllgn
                Persistent Member
                • Feb 6, 2010

well now that diamond select /Emce cancelled the red shirt /cheron ,the only player in town FTC should try and get this license for star trek .and Planet of the apes
                and Wizard of oz .i think they would do a swell job ,

Comment

• Werewolf
                  Inhuman
                  • Jul 14, 2003

Extremely unlikely because of the Mattel license but I 'd love them to bring back the DC Pocket Heroes.
                  You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• jwyblejr
                    galactic yo-yo
                    • Apr 6, 2006

My vote is for Barney Miller. They love variations,imagine all of the ones they could do with Harris.

Comment

• lilbrosj66
                      Persistent Member
                      • Jul 4, 2011

Originally posted by tllgn
                      well now that diamond select /Emce cancelled the red shirt /cheron ,the only player in town FTC should try and get this license for star trek .and Planet of the apes
                      and Wizard of oz .i think they would do a swell job ,
                      When did the cancellation of the Charon/Red Shirt happen? I was just about to jump on that bandwagon! Are they continuing with the Star Trek line at all?

Comment

• ovenmitt
                        Persistent Member
                        • May 26, 2009

This has me wondering what FTC is considering for new licenses, how big they can go.

I thought FTC was hinting at Marvel and even Star Wars in some forms but FTC tweeted they are still not possible and we're mentioned as licenses that have been suggested.

DC Comics is FTC's biggest license. Why not expand it to 12" and 4" Pocket Super Heroes as Well? Sideshow has wasted 12" DC only 6 figures in 4 years. And Mattel 4" DC Multiverse has ended hasn't it?

Comment

• lilbrosj66
                          Persistent Member
                          • Jul 4, 2011

Would love to see Star Trek TNG and DS9 figures. And imagine an Enterprise D bridge playset and DS9 Ops playset? I'd even go for Voyager figures.

Comment

• TrekStar
                            Trek or Treat
                            • Jan 20, 2011

I posted this already in another thread, but FTC already has black boot bodies, so it might be a win win situation
                            for FTC to grab the license for Star Trek, granted the quality of the black boot bodies is not terrific, but the so called
                            ball is already rolling on the idea, I'm almost certain with EMCE/DST cancelling promised new Trek figures that there
                            Trek run is over.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                              Hi Ernie!!!
                              • Feb 15, 2004

^^ With the Trek stuff is cancelled, sales were not there to justify making them, so I don't see another company picking it up. Same went for the Apes, no sales on the repros so that line died, Neca tried again and only got two figures out.
                              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Figuremod73
                                That 80's guy
                                • Jul 27, 2011

Masters of the Universe in Mego format. I have liked some of the customs of them done in the past and there might even be a market for them.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎