Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Figure8
    Museum Patron
    • May 18, 2016

"Having said that, the head is the next most crucial element in Mego Like figures."

It seems FTC hasn't understood that point at all. It's not just the size of their sculpts that's bothering me - it's the lack of detail and definition. IMO they didn't do any of the original WGSHs justice. Some (Green Arrow, Batman) were better than others (Shazam, Robin) - but their Superman looks like a really cheap knock-off. I can't stand to look at that figure. Flat face, eyes askew and nowhere near as detailed/defined as the original sculpt. How could they not get those figures right? They had the original heads to work with - and current technology. I have only been able to buy a few of their own creations, but the problem hasn't been solved with those obviously. Just look at Flash: I think the sculpt is acceptable, but it does look kind of generic. It's too flat and has too little definition for a Mego-like sculpt.

Comment

• JediJaida
      Talkative Member
      • Jun 14, 2008

I wish you would do more heads, Dave. They were excellent quality.
      JediJaida

Comment

• fallensaviour
        Talkative Member
        • Aug 28, 2006

I haven't bought anything from them in the last year and a half at all!!!
        Now I find myself just waiting for community reviews ,
        and if one head in the wave is crap I won't get any figures from the line.
        At these prices lets get the heads right,at $15 I could let one slip but $25-$30 I ain't doing it.
        “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• houseofdracula
          Veteran Member
          • Nov 11, 2011

Originally posted by lilbrosj66

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19411[/ATTACH]

Geez, I have no words.
          The House of Dracula - Monster Model Museum.
          https://www.facebook.com/houseofdracula

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

The body is the most important element, you have to get this right first. Having said that, the head is the next most crucial element in Mego Like figures. It's tough and you have to stand on China and demand they get it right. It means you slip dates or get delayed, and that makes people grumpy, but it ensures you make products people buy and keep buying. I t amazes me how companies get his wrong. Bif Bang Pow was notorious and following right along it's FTC/CTVT. As many lines as these two companies have made and as much money and business they have sent China, they have the juice to make them comply, they just choose not too, and people buy them too. It really boggles my mind. I may have only had 8 heads produced in China, but they were all in scale. Twice i had to tell China to re-do them and they did, but not until I said I would't purchase heads not in scale.
            Preach it, brother! You're not just a fanboy foaming at the mouth about this...you know from experience.

I appreciate the width and breadth of what FTC is doing. I desperately want to love their product, but they are making it harder and harder.

Chris
            sigpic

Comment

• rodkeith
              Veteran Member
              • Mar 16, 2008

Originally posted by lilbrosj66
              Here's a few more shots along side the Mattel Luthor. Seriously FTC? No. Really. Seriously?

I guess I know what I will be using for Professor X.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19409[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19410[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19411[/ATTACH]

Wow. I hadn't actually seen the comparison shots until now. I haven't been too fussed over some of the larger heads, but that one is laughably outrageous.

I've largely been a completist (aside from a handful of variants) for their DC output, but that definitely stops with this figure. No sale.

Comment

• jayraytee
                Career Member
                • May 27, 2011

Originally posted by David Lee
                The body is the most important element, you have to get this right first. Having said that, the head is the next most crucial element in Mego Like figures. It's tough and you have to stand on China and demand they get it right. It means you slip dates or get delayed, and that makes people grumpy, but it ensures you make products people buy and keep buying. I t amazes me how companies get his wrong. Bif Bang Pow was notorious and following right along it's FTC/CTVT. As many lines as these two companies have made and as much money and business they have sent China, they have the juice to make them comply, they just choose not too, and people buy them too. It really boggles my mind. I may have only had 8 heads produced in China, but they were all in scale. Twice i had to tell China to re-do them and they did, but not until I said I would't purchase heads not in scale.

Geneally FTC bodies are crap, a lot of people replace them. The head sculpts are many times not too good and often the scale is wrong. I've said this from the beginning and it's still true, the best thing about FTC is the costume and it is sometimes too small to fit on an upgraded body. I went from buyiong everything at the start, to basically buying none. I even sold off some of the ones I originally bought. FTC has quantity going for them, but thats about it. People will wait and pay more for quality. Quantity loses it's luster when the quality is bad.

If you look at that Lex Luther head side view comparison... not only is it rough, and huge.. the head proportions are messed up.
                My posts were needlessly deleted ...

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎