X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by thunderbolt
    I did get a Pa Kent head for a custom and it is the right size, maybe even a tad small.
    This is good to know.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• jayraytee
      Career Member
      • May 27, 2011

The main issue with this head is the bad sculpt. I an many other customizers here on the board could sculpt a better head. I think the size issues are also a sculpting issue. The inconsistency points to a source issue, I doubt if you sent the factory sculpts all in scale.. you would end up with such a wide range of sizes. I mean Mattel, EMCE and a few of the other companies here don't have that issue with their heads. Mego had some bad sculpts and size issues, but not near as frequently.

Death by a thousand cuts... yes. And not just for the FTC lines, I truly believe if you flood the mego market with inferior product you hurt the format. It will get a reputation of cheap looking crap, you will put the last few nails in the coffin and large toy companies will never again try the format.
      My posts were needlessly deleted ...

Comment

• lilbrosj66
        Persistent Member
        • Jul 4, 2011

Here's a few more shots along side the Mattel Luthor. Seriously FTC? No. Really. Seriously?

I guess I know what I will be using for Professor X.

P1050852.jpg

P1050853.jpg

P1050854.jpg

Comment

• TRDouble
          Permanent Member
          • Jul 10, 2012

LOL! It's really not funny, but... DANG! I guess it's a good head sculpt for 9" Lex, maybe a 12" battle suit Lex, like Mattel's.

I guess if I want a comic version of Lex Luthor, I will have to use or repurpose Mattel's.

Comment

• Blue Meanie
            Banned
            • Jun 23, 2001

Originally posted by lilbrosj66
            Here's a few more shots along side the Mattel Luthor. Seriously FTC? No. Really. Seriously?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19409[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19410[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19411[/ATTACH]
            Yeah. that's waaaaaayyyyyyy off. It's a shame because it looks like it would be a great head for Prof X. Unless they fix, it you may have to go with a hydrospan shrink of that head. I personally like to go with original factory heads if I attempt a custom...but sometimes you have to make due with what you can. Good luck.

Comment

• TRDouble
              Permanent Member
              • Jul 10, 2012

It seems like FTC parted this Superman wave out very, very quickly, minus Superboy, which still hit the loose & bagged stage very quickly. Maybe the issues with Lex's head size and the deformed Marth Kent head are the reasons why they didn't wait.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

^^^ Honestly, a wave with two old people and a waterhead bald guy isn't going to sell well. Easy to see why it didn't do well. Noticed they are already parting out the 66 villain variants too. I had no interest in those either.
                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• JediJaida
                  Talkative Member
                  • Jun 14, 2008

Ugh, the Mattel Luthor looks SO much better than the FTC head sculpt. Why can't they exercise some degree of control of the QC people in China? Are they only interested in getting our money? And giving us shoddy product in return?

Not so much from me anymore.
                  JediJaida

Comment

• Iron Mego
                    Wake Up Heavy
                    • Jan 31, 2010

Good grief, that's so out of scale it's not even funny.
                    Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• megalomaniac001
                      Veteran Member
                      • Jul 24, 2009

Wow! That is horrible! I had this Luthor on my want list. It just got bumped off. I'll stick with Matel's version.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                        Verbose Member
                        • Mar 7, 2004

There's no defending this. FTC knows this is happening. I know nearly 10 years ago, Cast-A-Way, a small, two-person company was rejecting factory made heads that were oversized. I know FTC is a much bigger company, so they should have someone who is in charge of QC.

Chris
                        sigpic

Comment

• enyawd72
                          Maker of Monsters!
                          • Oct 1, 2009

Holy crap that's bad...the side-by-side with Mattel is laughably bad. FTC should be embarrassed by this.

Comment

• skullface
                            Veteran Member
                            • Oct 29, 2012

I think it would work great for a 12in figure. Sad as heck otherwise.

Comment

• scott metzger
                              Persistent Member
                              • Jul 9, 2007

Originally posted by lilbrosj66

Wow, that is REALLY bad. Guess I'm going to have to join the growing band of folks who stop pre-ordering altogether. Shame I may pass on things I'd otherwise be excited to get simply because FTC refuses to do anything to fix this long existing problem (and it is inarguably, by this time, an outright "we don't give a fig" we are clearly getting from FTC).

Comment

• Monstar
                                Museum Super Collector
                                • Mar 6, 2008

I hate to pile on, but that head is a bit ridiculous. Completist are going to have a tough time with this one.
                                http://twitter.com/MonstarPR

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎