Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Eddie777
    • Dec 30, 2014

Do I have a secret identity Clark Kent, don, or t1 superman head

I need an unbiased opinion. When I bought him he came in a superman suit, but I noticed he didn't have any markings on the back of his head. He also came on t1 action Jackson body. The back of the body has Roman numerals 1971 and it has the metal pin joints. He does have longer neck plug. I tried to upload pictures, but it wouldn't allow me too. So I am attaching a link to the picture on Mego mania.

Official facebook group of the Mego Museum (Mego Museum) discussing the toys made by Mego Corporation and other "Megoesque" action figure manufacturers (Azrak Hamway, Bif Bang Pow!, EMCE, Lincoln...

Official facebook group of the Mego Museum (Mego Museum) discussing the toys made by Mego Corporation and other "Megoesque" action figure manufacturers (Azrak Hamway, Bif Bang Pow!, EMCE, Lincoln...

• Eddie777
    • Dec 30, 2014

If there is anyone that lives in the NYC are who has a Clark Kent head, don head, or a t1 superman head who can meet me in a public place, so we can compare my head to their head To verify which head I have I would really appreciate it.

Comment

• Blue Meanie
      Banned
      • Jun 23, 2001

I've weighed in on one of the Facebook threads. There are Alter Ego heads that have faint copyright info on them. I've had a Clark Kent head with faint copyright info...it's the color of the head that can tell you if it is a Clark or not. Like I said in the one thread on facebook...get a Type 1 Superman head and put it side by side with the one you think is the Clark Kent head and take a picture and then post it here or on facebook. I know that if you post it here Len (Hobob) will probably give an assessment on it. He's had a lot of experience with Alter Egos and came up with the theory on the head color.

I was reading a couple of the posts and it seems like a few people think they know what they are talking about by reiterating the "there should be no copyright info on the back of the neck" theory. This is a theory that has been debunked more than 5 years ago. Put it this way...I have a Superman that came off of a 1979 Mego card...head sculpt was slightly different than the earlier Mego figures. It has NO copyright info on the neck at all...not even a faint copyright info. It's not a Clark Kent head....but if you believe the theory put forth by some that Clark Kent Heads have no copyright info then my figure that came off of a 1979 card is a Clark Kent...and it's not. Again, if you have a Type 1 Superman head put it next to the head that you believe is a Clark Kent head. Take pictures of them side by side and the color difference will speak volumes to the fact that you have or don't have a Clark Kent head. I hope that helps.

Comment

• Marvelmania
        A Ray of Sunshine
        • Jun 17, 2001

visit this thread from a while back. On page 2 you'll see a pic showing the different shades of colors for Supes, Don and the Alter Ego heads.
        Hello, I just received a box of parts in the mail. In it was a Superman head with very light copy on the back of his head. The flesh is light in color. I was wondering if this is a Don head, Alter Ego head or just Superman. https://scontent-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfa1/v/t1.0-9/17083_1105348746145854_100695554417061019_n

Comment

• Hector
          el Hombre de Acero
          • May 19, 2003

This thread should be moved to Mego Buzz.
          sigpic

Comment

• Eddie777
            • Dec 30, 2014

Used the picture chart comparison and I definitely have a secret identity Clark Kent.the skin color is mocha color not pale or flesh tone,

Comment

• hobub
              Ghost of a Dead Indian
              • Jun 18, 2001

The type 2's sort of look like they have nice tan, the type 1's have a pink (ish) or peach tone to them. The mocha is sort of like a Starbucks Coffee Frappuccino Coffee Drink in color. The chart Clem posted in the link above is worth a thousand words

Comment

• josephcardone
                Persistent Member
                • Jun 10, 2010

Originally posted by Eddie777
                If there is anyone that lives in the NYC are who has a Clark Kent head, don head, or a t1 superman head who can meet me in a public place, so we can compare my head to their head To verify which head I have I would really appreciate it.
                I don't have the time to meet since I work in education and the school year just started. Lol. If you want to come over I have them for you to compare. I am in the beginning of Long Island. Send me a PM and I will give you my address

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎